I just installed a new battery to my Passport and I would like to know what is the procedure calibrate it! Anyone knows?

So far I did it was to install it, let it drain completely and then recharged it all the way up to 100%

Posted with BlackBerry Passport SE via CB10
    11-01-18 08:31 PM
    AFAIK you don't need to do a thing. Modern batteries shouldn't be drained. You just load them and you may load them whenever you want regardless empty, half full or nearly full.
    11-01-18 11:22 PM
    AFAIK you don't need to do a thing. Modern batteries shouldn't be drained. You just load them and you may load them whenever you want regardless empty, half full or nearly full.
    Does Passport counts as "modern" batteries? Lol

11-02-18 12:34 PM
    Does Passport counts as "modern" batteries? Lol

Yes.
    11-02-18 12:36 PM
    was the install ??

º entry level (easy)
    º mid level (needs tools, supplies)
    º difficult (special tools, glue, high dexterity)
    11-02-18 01:24 PM
    I did view this:

…and it looks easy, but I wonder if it is... I have the screwdrivers and plastic pry tool... some batteries sold come with that
    11-02-18 01:40 PM
    It was medium level, you need tools. Special T3 or T4 screwdriver! And the OG battery was glued to the phone so you need to be extra careful while removing it!

11-02-18 02:20 PM
    Tip for the actual battery removal: Grab a hair dryer, put it on medium or low setting and throw some heat onto the battery (carefully). This will make the glue a bit more workable so that the battery will break free easier.
    11-02-18 02:36 PM
    I just replaced my passport's battery. As Davis said, it was medium. I did get a kit on eBay that had all the plastic and metal pry tootls, helped a lot. My battery is charging now, but it's had the red battery with the lightining bolt on the screen for a long time now. I am getting a little worried that the battery is not good. It came from a unused, unworking passport I got on ebay a couple years ago when I broke the screen. I used it for the new screen and have never charged it. I did power on when I got it but the motherboard was no good. (got it for $50)
    11-10-18 04:20 PM