What can I do about this? I tried boot loaders, nothing seems to work to get past the anti-theft login; tried my own login, but it requires the original id linked to the phone. Is there anyway to overcome this? Tried different boot loaders they all stall and I get stuck on the same screen. Certainly there's gotta be a way?
    06-12-21 01:50 PM
    06-12-21 02:26 PM
    Awesome worked. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-12-21 03:11 PM
    Chimera Tool is the answer if it's BB10.
    06-12-21 03:14 PM
    Chimera Tool is the answer if it's BB10.
    You don't even need that. Removing BBID is simple.
    06-12-21 04:00 PM
    Not to mention quite a bit cheaper your way.
    06-12-21 07:43 PM
    You actually mean "replacing BBProtect BBID " correct, because in this scenario the device still ends up with a BBID on it, that then later has to be removed through a wipe in order for the device to be fully BBID free, correct?
    06-13-21 07:17 AM
    You actually mean "replacing BBProtect BBID " correct, because in this scenario the device still ends up with a BBID on it, that then later has to be removed through a wipe in order for the device to be fully BBID free, correct?
    No, the BBID is removed this way - I've tried it myself. Just search YouTube, there's a way.
    06-13-21 07:35 AM
    No, the BBID is removed this way - I've tried it myself. Just search YouTube, there's a way.
    It's already been explained enough in here I think by Contie and others, so I don't have a need to watch a video about it. But just to be clear as to what happens in the background, the wipe itself is what tries to remove the BBID does it not, and then if BBProtect is on it is BBProtect that prevents the wipe from allowing the device to be setup with a different BBID, until the steps are followed to workaround BBProtect, and then BBProtect no longer remembers the old BBID. Is that not what is actually happening?
    06-13-21 07:54 AM
    It's already been explained enough in here I think by Contie and others, so I don't have a need to watch a video about it. But just to be clear as to what happens in the background, the wipe itself is what tries to remove the BBID does it not, and then if BBProtect is on it is BBProtect that prevents the wipe from allowing the device to be setup with a different BBID, until the steps are followed to workaround BBProtect, and then BBProtect no longer remembers the old BBID. Is that not what is actually happening?
    Yes.
    06-13-21 08:02 AM
    Yes.
    Ok, understood. I wish there was also a way to just remove a BBID, without needing to do a wipe. Maybe there is as based on what has been posted here and there, and I just haven't been paying enough attention.
    06-13-21 08:18 AM
    Ok, understood. I wish there was also a way to just remove a BBID, without needing to do a wipe. Maybe there is as based on what has been posted here and there, and I just haven't been paying enough attention.
    By design there isn't and I haven't heard of a way to do it either. If it were possible then that would be a more serious concern. Bypassing BB Protect this way the data is at least still safe.
    06-13-21 08:31 AM