i bought a Passport and cant seem to erase the previous owners info, like BlackBerry world, bbm, etc. i contacted Telus and after trying for 2 hours gave up. the person i bought the phone from deleted his BlackBerry ID and now cant sign in so we can reset the Passport. The phone works for calls and texts but i cant use any apps or twitter or even bbm. Is there any way to solve this?
    04-07-16 08:56 PM
    The original owner needs to sign in to his ORIGINAL BBID either online or in device settings and disassociate the device from BlackBerry Protect.

This has to be done before security wiping the device.
    If he is unable to access that account then return it and get your money because the phone won't be fully functional for you.
    This security feature was legally mandated and there is no way around it.
    Rootbrian likes this.
    04-07-16 11:45 PM
    04-07-16 11:52 PM
    problem is he deleted his BBID account. He tried to sign into it but wouldnt work, either cuz he deleted it or because he forgot the password. is there any way he can resign his BBID ? he offered me all my money back for the phone if i want to return it, or will give me half my money back if i want to just keep the phone . i would rather keep the phone and be able to use it properly, but if not ill just use it for calls and texts. thanks for any help
    04-08-16 12:28 AM
    If he's forgotten his password he can do a password reset. Hopefully that is the case.

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...coverpassword/

He still needs access to his original BBid email account however to complete the process.
    If he has actually terminated his BBID then you are hooped.
    Personally I'd be returning the device just to avoid any headaches with security wipes and such in the future, but that's a decision you need to make.
    Best of luck and hopefully it's only a case of the seller forgetting his password.
    Rootbrian likes this.
    04-08-16 12:47 AM
    I strongly recommend returning it. The seller's fault for not being honest should be a red flag. ALWAYS test or request a live video of it to verify it's been disassociated and clean loaded before exchanging cash. That and checking the IMEI/ESN (if CDMA) to ensure it's not blacklisted.
    04-08-16 02:13 AM
    The guy gave me all my money back AND let me keep the phone! win win!
    04-13-16 11:31 PM
    He stole it......no...idk...just seems fishy to me...but you made out pretty well...how much?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 11:54 PM