So I bought my passport yesterday and it's already shipping today. I have to say I feel sorry for the people that ordered around launch date and are still waiting for their devices. BlackBerry screwed up on this roll out!

I've been using BlackBerry since 2008 and keep saying this is my last BlackBerry phone but somehow I keep buying new ones. Praying that the passport is all it says it is!!

Have a great day everyone

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-18-14 04:43 PM
    So I bought my passport yesterday and it's already shipping today. I have to say I feel sorry for the people that ordered around launch date and are still waiting for their devices. BlackBerry screwed up on this roll out!

I've been using BlackBerry since 2008 and keep saying this is my last BlackBerry phone but somehow I keep buying new ones. Praying that the passport is all it says it is!!

Have a great day everyone

Posted via CB10
    Seems like Digital River must have gotten an earful from BlackBerry, and are on top of things for now.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 04:48 PM
    Well bo's are basically almost done being shipped fully..so in that sense, it would mean they have stock of BlackBerry passports now.

Hence why it shipped right away for you.

That's how I see it..

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    10-18-14 04:50 PM
    Seems like Digital River must have gotten an earful from BlackBerry, and are on top of things for now.
    Not that DR is close to perfect or the buying experience isn't hit-or-miss, but isn't it BB's responsibility to have supplied sufficient stock?
    10-18-14 10:58 PM
    Not that DR is close to perfect or the buying experience isn't hit-or-miss, but isn't it BB's responsibility to have supplied sufficient stock?
    I guess it depends on how DR determines how many units they have "available",.. is it based on what they actually have in their warehouse, or some expected delivery from BlackBerry? I think the issue here was their system not automatically switching to out of stock, allowing many people to continue ordering. Is that a BlackBerry issue or a DR issue?

Also, except for custom made items (furniture, laptops, etc). I can't remember the last time my credit card was charged so far in advanced from the day the purchased item was actually shipped. I mean, I already had to pay my credit card statement that included the charge,.. and I still don't have the Passport I ordered from them.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:32 PM
    I guess it depends on how DR determines how many units they have "available",.. is it based on what they actually have in their warehouse, or some expected delivery from BlackBerry? I think the issue here was their system not automatically switching to out of stock, allowing many people to continue ordering. Is that a BlackBerry issue or a DR issue?
    I'd say the miscommunication (or lack of communication) is a DR issue, yeah. But even if they would have communicated perfectly--they would have still run out and run out pretty quickly, and had people ********. I mean, even Amazon's kinda got thrown for a loop here, and they wrote the manual of customer service...

I mean, I already had to pay my credit card statement that included the charge,.. and I still don't have the Passport I ordered from them.
    That really happened? I thought they just place a temporary hold on your card. I thought even their policy says they charge when the order ships (I took 'charge' as the purchase posting to your credit card.) This is so, so wrong on their part...
    10-19-14 01:30 AM