02-09-17 04:16 PM
58 123
tools
    If u r expecting the power of s6 in terms of gaming and apps then u r in for a disappointment... passport is a work horse phone... it is great for WORK and speedy and stuff but dont expect it to completely replace the s6 and be better in all the aspects.

Posted via CB10
    What's work?
    12-30-16 09:41 AM
    I have had 2 passports now. Regrettably i switched carriers and got an s7 edge. It's a great phone but still not my passport. I have had many phones mostly androids but a couple iphones which i just don't get the allure but anyhow the passport is just my favorite. Everything else feels like a toy or something a 15 year old girl uses to gossip in the Internet but the passport just feels sophisticated and polished. Some frills but all workhorse. I am now trying to figure out how to get out of my leased s7 edge and buy another passport but an se this time. I don't even think this time i will side load it to use play store apps just a bb beast. On a side note any suggestions on how to get out of a phone lease for the s7?
    12-30-16 03:13 PM
    It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish with your phone. If you are looking for a communication powerhouse with regards to text emails and phone calls, you are good to go. If you are an app person, need the latest and greatest, and don't want to constantly have to patch apps that may or may not work, then the Passport isn't the phone for you.

A lot of people here use a two device set up and use their BlackBerry as their phone with their android or apple phone/tablet as their app device.
    This is the reason why I took the plunge with my Priv a few months back. I really wanted to have just one phone for everything. Unfortunately, while I find the Priv pkb serviceable, surprise surprise ... I stil find my Q10 pkb way more comfortable. So I still keep my Q10 with me as a second phone for cranking out long work emails.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-16 01:38 AM
    This is the reason why I took the plunge with my Priv a few months back. I really wanted to have just one phone for everything. Unfortunately, while I find the Priv pkb serviceable, surprise surprise ... I stil find my Q10 pkb way more comfortable. So I still keep my Q10 with me as a second phone for cranking out long work emails.

Posted via CB10
    I do the same thing for the most part. I'm typing this on my Passport now, but it's mainly a wifi device now while the sim sits in the iPhone. I'm leaning towards putting the sim back into the Passport and using the iPhone as the wifi device though. As "limited" as BB10 is, I love this OS and find myself being drawn back every time I decide to leave.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    02-08-17 08:45 PM
    Nope you are not crazy...the passport truly is a very unique device that deserves the appreciation of end users such as ourselves. If it were not for the "emergency calls only" syndrome that my passport currently suffers, then in a wink of an eye I would try to purchase as many passports that I could possibly afford. But sadly, till that software or hardware issue ( according to some it is a software issue) of "emergency calls only" is hopefully resolved, I will not spend my hard earned money on a new passport. So this passport right now is just a glamorous tablet of sorts that I can not get away from. My current daily driver is a Z30. I have some what grown to love it. I use the Hotspot feature of the Z30 to mate with the passport. It works quite well as a team. Phone calls and SMS on the Z30 with some email and stuff, and on the occasional "work wide" when the situation permits (when I am not driving) ...come to think of it,right this very instance I really must truly admit that I miss the full functionality of this beloved passport...sigh,sad,sigh,sad,sigh...Peace.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kunz1925shooter; 02-09-17 at 05:41 AM.
    02-08-17 10:19 PM
    Umm... let me get this straight...you are asking if you are crazy to use a BlackBerry to people in a BlackBerry forum... wow... you must be confident to get a "no u are not crazy" for a reply.

Do me a favor... copy paste this thread in a samsung forum please...or at least android xda. And yeah...have the same confidence of getting the "no you are not crazy " as a reply.

Hell no, you arent crazy... u r one of us... but thats because we are a BlackBerry forum...

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    02-09-17 06:29 AM
    The benefits of the Passport are crystal clear: keyboard, construction and width. Other than the getting assurance from current users that the initial awkwardness of the keyboard will dissipate, these benefits are obvious when you pick up the phone.

It is a fair question to ask the users of any particular phone what are the downsides, because those may not be so obvious. For the Passport, as with every other BB10, the biggest hassle is dealing with apps.

But you probably knew all the above before you placed the order for the Passport.

A question is less clear is why you bought the S6. That is not to say it is a bad device or that you were crazy to do so. What differentiates it from the other numerous android phones at its level is less clear to an outsider. What differentiates the Passport are clear to all.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 07:24 AM
    Umm... let me get this straight...you are asking if you are crazy to use a BlackBerry to people in a BlackBerry forum... wow... you must be confident to get a "no u are not crazy" for a reply.

Do me a favor... copy paste this thread in a samsung forum please...or at least android xda. And yeah...have the same confidence of getting the "no you are not crazy " as a reply.

Hell no, you arent crazy... u r one of us... but thats because we are a BlackBerry forum...

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you a little bit. Although Crackberrians are never one to shy away from telling someone to buy another device or OS. It's not always fandom around here lol

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    02-09-17 04:16 PM
58 123