I have only played around with someone else's cheap Android phone, not a high end Android. Android is very functional and I will be switching to it in time...but only when BB10 goes away. I still like my Passport very very much. Going on a year with it. Thinking of getting another before they become unavailable. Hope you enjoy yours.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Jrox74 and Notna Nosyel like this.
    11-27-16 07:01 AM
    This thread would prove to be most beneficial to your experience on the Passport. This should improve your leaning curve.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965730

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1091666

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 07:04 AM
    I love passport

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 08:10 AM
    It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish with your phone. If you are looking for a communication powerhouse with regards to text emails and phone calls, you are good to go. If you are an app person, need the latest and greatest, and don't want to constantly have to patch apps that may or may not work, then the Passport isn't the phone for you.

A lot of people here use a two device set up and use their BlackBerry as their phone with their android or apple phone/tablet as their app device.
    11-27-16 10:28 AM
    Should I worry that bb10 is not supported anymore?
    One should only buy BB10 who is ok with this. If you have no problem buying another phone in six months then give it a try - if you absolutely have to keep the device for over a year then get a BlackBerry Android.
    11-27-16 10:28 AM
    One should only buy BB10 who is ok with this. If you have no problem buying another phone in six months then give it a try - if you absolutely have to keep the device for over a year then get a BlackBerry Android.
    It's all about the apps you need to use. Check out the availability of the apps on BB10 (pretty paltry in comparison to Android or iOS) and make your decision from there. However, as others have said, the Passport is no slouch, in fact it's built like a truck, has an incredible pair of speakers, and superb battery life. But the screen ratio is not always optimal (for viewing videos, for example), and the keyboard (dual virtual/physical) takes a lot of getting used to, in my experience. But the phone itself is typical superb BB build quality.
    Last edited by andy957; 11-27-16 at 11:43 AM.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    11-27-16 10:38 AM
    You are smart! The Passport is a beast !

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    11-27-16 11:39 AM
    Passport is great phone but I would not recommend it to my friends or family members. Passport is not for regular consumers.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    11-27-16 12:44 PM
    No iOS and Android can do? Well, you'll learn to appreciate the work wide aspect of the screen, the PKB with capacitive features, the fluidity of BB10 with its gestures and all, and the original Hub.. these are just off the top of my head.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 05:04 PM
    No iOS and Android can do? Well, you'll learn to appreciate the work wide aspect of the screen, the PKB with capacitive features, the fluidity of BB10 with its gestures and all, and the original Hub.. these are just off the top of my head.

Posted via CB10
    True multitasking stands out when I talk to friends when browsing or searching for info. When they do it on their end it's like Morse code taking place.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    11-27-16 08:28 PM
    No you're not, Samsung devices are below-par.
    11-27-16 11:00 PM
    I switched from Passport to Priv and I am considering going back to Passport. Even some google apps like maps ran much faster in Passport! Android is bloated as heck, it's laggy and unless you have to absolutely have some of those missing android apps, I think Passport is one of the best devices built in the world.
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    11-27-16 11:31 PM
    Passport is a great device . The Os is much different than the android and IOS. The physical key board is the best in the business . The square screen lends excellent viewing of attachments without any hassles . The HUB is the icing on the cake . But but , not to speak of apps gap and OS 10 limitations in terms of updates and support . I have two Passports and is proud to own them . No regrets at all.
    11-28-16 07:04 AM
    I am ready to trade like new black Passport never locked. Maybe to dtek50.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 10:06 AM
    Somehow bb10 gives me that secure feeling, that no matter what I do with phone (businesses wise) it will get it done. No matter if it's browsing or email communication or reminding of tasks etc. With easy multitasking, hub and good text edit options(easy copy paste etc) it just gets the job done.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 10:19 AM
    Somehow bb10 gives me that secure feeling, that no matter what I do with phone (businesses wise) it will get it done. No matter if it's browsing or email communication or reminding of tasks etc. With easy multitasking, hub and good text edit options(easy copy paste etc) it just gets the job done.

Posted via CB10
    It's called reliability, dependability and productivity. Something that Android software lacks (for the time being)..
    Notna Nosyel likes this.
    11-28-16 11:42 AM
    I switched from S5 to Priv to Passport. Passport is the best!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 08:20 AM
    My device is finally shipped. I have a tracking number from Purolator. Yes!
    12-01-16 06:09 AM
    You can actually get blackberry suite in your s6, also million available apps that can support your productivity and turns your phone to be perfect tool and maybe better than passport (which is will no longer supported by blackberry and also developers too).

But since its crackberry I will say No, you're not crazy.
    12-29-16 11:00 AM
    You can actually get blackberry suite in your s6, also million available apps that can support your productivity and turns your phone to be perfect tool and maybe better than passport (which is will no longer supported by blackberry and also developers too).

But since its crackberry I will say No, you're not crazy.
    Passport strong point the pkb and the screen. There aren't any alternative in android world. Perhaps there will be an android passport one day, now mercury gets close.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-16 02:18 AM
    If u r expecting the power of s6 in terms of gaming and apps then u r in for a disappointment... passport is a work horse phone... it is great for work and speedy and stuff but dont expect it to completely replace the s6 and be better in all the aspects.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-16 02:57 AM
    Yuppppp! Buy an iPad as a consumption device if you want apps so bad!
    That's my solution. I have an iPad mini -- with personal info on it -- I use for stuff like streaming movies on long flights.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    12-30-16 03:06 AM
    Got rid of the s7 edge n got this pp se used a couple of the og pp also love them all. This phone is for the classes n not masses. Love BlackBerry long live BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-16 03:08 AM
    Why let your S6 go? Most of us here have more than one phone.

Put the S6 in the box, use the Passport until you get bored, and then go back to the S6.
    12-30-16 06:33 AM
    Yes, u'r carzy. Lots of people say we're crazy. Welcome to the madman club.
    Check the stickies here and in BB10 OS forum for all the tricks and tips with the Passport and OS10. You'll soon learn how convenient this beast can be.

And prepare for remarks which generally go in the line of 'Is it a Blackberry? BlackBerry is dead'. Yes, they say that on seeing a running BlackBerry. They may even say worse thing. Don't bother to explain. They may just find all the reasons for to just put you off over your phone choice.

Did someone mentioned update? I've got a Priv in the family and there are likes 20-30 updates a month for apps. I ignored it for 2 months and then about everything installed got an update? Why the duck are there so many updates? I got a pretty nice data plan or otherwise would not be able to manage all these updates.

Productivity is great with this phone, if productivity means work only. But if that got expanded to efficiency in about all other thing one does with the help of a smartphone in general, the Passport and OS10 may fall a bit short. Remember that cheesy lady who compared the Passport screen with a piece of sandwich cheddar? Well, she wrote that she didn't want to just be powerful at work but wanted to be a powerful mum and woman, and so on, as well. She over stated that but did get a point.

Posted from my  Passport
    12-30-16 07:26 AM
58 123