I've read all your incredibly good comments of the Passport but I still have second thoughts. Phone is not shipped yet. What can I expect from the passport that no iOS and Android devices can do?
    Last edited by Garlic_aroma; 11-26-16 at 08:54 AM.
    11-26-16 08:43 AM
    I made the switch from an S6E to a Passport and haven't been happier.

Sent from my not quite obsolete beautiful BlackBerry Passport SE
    anon(9906662) likes this.
    11-26-16 08:49 AM
    You can expect a sharp learning curve. If you take the time to figure it out and adjust you will be pleasantly surprised. Use CrackBerry as your resource for help

Posted via CB10
    ahhhlain, Jrox74 and David Tyler like this.
    11-26-16 08:59 AM
    I got rid of S7 edge to get two passports silver and red. If you ask what's good I will say is the OS where you get true multitasking. Good battery life that can last you easily one full day. The amazing keyboard that let you type faster with in built touch gestures such as swipe to delete word. The amazing experience of the hub. The premium sound output from the speakers.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 09:04 AM
    Should I worry that bb10 is not supported anymore?
    11-26-16 09:09 AM
    Should I worry that bb10 is not supported anymore?
    Not really. But it depends on your needs, you could miss your S6. Passport is a workhorse, but it won't replace all Android capabilities you have with a S6.

Posted through my  Z30
    11-26-16 09:32 AM
    Well if I were to buy any BB10 phone it'd be either the Leap or the PP.
    11-26-16 09:47 AM
    If Apps are you thing then the Passport will fail in this area. There are work around but they to are getting harder to make apps work. Facebook and Whatsapp are just two that everyone here is complaining about. Also kinda late to the game as Blackberry is getting out of the Hardware business so no support.
    11-26-16 09:49 AM
    Not at all. It is not like iOS where need software upgrade to install apps. Moreover the blackberry os is quite complete for most people day to day use. I cannot find a thing I don't like about blackberry OS.

While the apps department is lacking, there are quite a good selection of free and paid BlackBerry apps to choose from.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 09:52 AM
    OP, you'll end up swapping phone like me BB10 is such a great OS. Probably best phone experience I've ever had, but there are some app that I need for work
    11-26-16 11:31 AM
    Swapping phone is the story of my life anyway. And I don't twitter, Instagram, snapchat, etc. 4 main activities : email, agenda, browser, texting. Oh! And messenger... Think I should be ok?
    11-26-16 11:42 AM
    Swapping phone is the story of my life anyway. And I don't twitter, Instagram, snapchat, etc. 4 main activities : email, agenda, browser, texting. Oh! And messenger... Think I should be ok?
    You will be fine with the Passport. It does all of those things beautifully. To get the best Messenger experience, you will want to install the old Facebook app (there are several threads on that here).
    11-26-16 11:52 AM
    Just don't be in a hurry to upgrade apps when you get your passport. I haven't updated my Facebook app and it works like a charm with hub integration. I won't update my whatsapp so it still works sending video. IL update an app only when it stops.

Also, there are tons of apps on here that have been patched like youtube, maps etc. Those work very well.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 12:26 PM
    I've read all your incredibly good comments of the Passport but I still have second thoughts. Phone is not shipped yet. What can I expect from the passport that no iOS and Android devices can do?
    I got rid of my Passport a few months ago and went back to Android. At the moment I cannot be happier! All the apps I need are here.
    11-26-16 02:54 PM
    Just picked one of the SEs up yesterday myself. That price drop pretty much sealed the deal for me. I've given the DTEK50 a try. Not really an Android fan. I'm not an app addict, I need the Hub and the basics and it just works better on BB10 for me. I abandoned Disgracebook, Instacrap and all other forms of social networking a longtime ago. My old Black and Red Passport turned heads and the SE Passport is doing the same.

No matter what the haters say, the phone is one of a kind.
    fanBBRY and David Tyler like this.
    11-26-16 05:47 PM
    No worries. Lots a deals on tablets for those must have apps.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    11-26-16 07:32 PM
    Yuppppp! Buy an iPad as a consumption device if you want apps so bad! You should feel secure when using a phone. Bb10 isn't even as secure but it's way better than android and apple.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    11-26-16 08:19 PM
    I don't know why people here still recommending passport as a " it's ok phone, if you don't do this, this, and this ".
    It's a dead phone with clarity of discontinue support. If you think work/productivity is about handling emails or calendar events, people here are wrong, that's why blackberry couldn't even sell a BB10 phone.
    dmateo and Tim Smith2 like this.
    11-26-16 09:08 PM
    I don't know why people here still recommending passport as a " it's ok phone, if you don't do this, this, and this ".
    It's a dead phone with clarity of discontinue support. If you think work/productivity is about handling emails or calendar events, people here are wrong, that's why blackberry couldn't even sell a BB10 phone.
    I think it's the other way around. BlackBerry Android phones are not selling while BB10 devices are still preferred. SE's went out of stock lately.

Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky
    11-26-16 09:20 PM
    S6 battery is terrible but it's all about the apps. Passport battery and sound quality are eons better than any Samsung phone.
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    11-26-16 11:15 PM
    I think personal needs play into the equation a lot. You have to be willing to ask yourself what you can reasonably expect to accomplish with your device. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy 6S edge plus. I have my OG Passport. For all its bells and whistles the Sammy is purely a consumption device for me. Wanna watch YouTube a lot? Movies? Netflix? Great device for that. Wanna follow all the social network stuff? Pretty good device for that too. Take a lot of photos? Really good camera on the Sammy for that as well. Despite all of that, the Passport is my daily driver and will be for as long as possible.

Why? Rock solid construction. It's a tank and I love it. I do not have to baby the PP at all.

The screen is excellent and one of the most underrated on a smartphone. It just doesn't get any better in terms of text documents or Web browsing. Viewing angles are great, the sharpness is tight and colors are vibrant without being oversaturated. Also outdoor visibility is fantastic.

Very very good stereo speakers. Tremendous battery life, can easily get through almost two full days on a charge.

And then there's the hub. It's simply the smartest implementation of communication on any device available right now.

Throw in BlackBerry security, a not great but good camera and the ability to run some key android apps and you have yourself a VERY good smartphone overall at a crazy cheap ($193 on Amazon) , price.

The Sammy is going bye bye and for any apps I'm missing I have my iPhone 6S plus. I always have two phones simply because the IOS ecosystem is too vast to ignore but overall my OG Passport will continue to be my daily driver because it goes to work and gets the job done.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    11-27-16 12:30 AM
    You're crazy for asking us!
    No other device can do BB10 and although this version has reached it's peak , it will be supported for a long time.

Misinformed people say BB10 is dead because they aren't getting updates, upgrades and downloads every other day.
    Think of if it like your OS on your home computer. Windows OS is downloaded fully. Sure you get updates, but you don't get upgrades.
    I know people who still have windows 7 which is 6 years old on a computer which is at least 7 years old. No ones complaining about that.

You're not gonna find "The Perfect" Mobile Device. It doesn't exist.
    If you're into games and social networking you'll do better with Android.
    If you're into a quality device targeted for a more mature demographic than Passport BB10 is the way to go.

But everyone has an opinion which will only make you crazier.
    Look to friends and other people you trust. check out their devices. Only then will you be able to make an educated decision as to what will work best for you.

I've had a Passport since the day it was releast to market. It runs perfect!!
    double_fault likes this.
    11-27-16 01:04 AM
    If you mainly use for emails and scheduling, the PP is the king of mobiles and and BB10 OS is fantastic (especially the HUB). If you need WhatsApp then you only have until June 2017.
    11-27-16 02:10 AM
    BlackBerry Android phones are not selling while BB10 devices are still preferred. SE's went out of stock lately.

Preferred by whom? crackberrians? That won't help.
    We know that what blackberry need is market share from the other world (android), that's why they need to fire up the competition.
    11-27-16 05:34 AM
    Preferred by whom? crackberrians? That won't help.
    We know that what blackberry need is market share from the other world (android), that's why they need to fire up the competition.
    Moving to Android has only hasten the death knell for the hardware division. They are not aiming for any market share in terms of hardware. You know that.

krazyatom likes this.
    11-27-16 06:06 AM
58 123