As the title says, I just got a Passport from a BB collector in my city. The phone has a BB id already added, but neither of us know the password. I think he got it from the UAE and the account may simply be a placeholder from that shop as it looks very generic. I didn't mind because Bb's server's are dead and on my other classic the BB ID notifications are extremely annoying.

I owned a Q10 back in 2014 and I cannot for the life of me remember if I needed the bb id password offline for something other than maybe security wipe. The phone has a few apps installed but otherwise it's empty of any other data.

Should I flash the latest OS or just leave it be?
    03-30-24 12:35 PM
    I guess you shd go for the reset.
    03-30-24 08:01 PM
    Flashing can bear a slight risk - usually it goes fine but I think a very few people have bricked their phones trying it. NB don't know if this applies to the Passport.

Is the current situation bearable? And can you live without loading the apps in the archive of Conite? Some of them are very useful btw, a reason to flash your new phone.

I'm guessing your device might already have the latest OS on it - might be good to check since then you might not need to bother.

If you go ahead make sure you use the right auto loader. Flashing instructions are at https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...issue-1193846/

Whatever happens, have fun with it. Such a great machine, still useful to me for several things the most up to date phones can't do.
    03-30-24 09:37 PM
    Flashing can bear a slight risk - usually it goes fine but I think a very few people have bricked their phones trying it. NB don't know if this applies to the Passport.

Is the current situation bearable? And can you live without loading the apps in the archive of Conite? Some of them are very useful btw, a reason to flash your new phone.

I'm guessing your device might already have the latest OS on it - might be good to check since then you might not need to bother.

If you go ahead make sure you use the right auto loader. Flashing instructions are at https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...issue-1193846/

Whatever happens, have fun with it. Such a great machine, still useful to me for several things the most up to date phones can't do.
    Interesting, apart from having a PKB, banging in nails and fighting off muggers what does it do that’s better for you than a modern phone?
    04-01-24 07:12 AM
    Interesting, apart from having a PKB, banging in nails and fighting off muggers what does it do that’s better for you than a modern phone?
    BB10.
    04-01-24 07:28 AM
    BB10.
    Agreed it’s, its biggest strength but it’s also its biggest weakness.
    04-01-24 07:59 AM