So I bought myself a passport tonight and can't wait for it to arrive! I was just wondering if any of y'all experienced users have any tips I should put to use once it gets here. Any recommendations? Thank you!
    01-26-15 04:16 PM
    Update the os to the latest leak! Or you can just wait for the official one. Get a case for it screen protector if you'd like. Enjoy it dude, you'll ask yourself why you didn't get before lol. Cheers.

Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154 /Rogers
    01-26-15 04:21 PM
    .2072 definitely. As to the rest, enjoy it as the other guy said. Great phone

Posted via CB10
    Eustis99 likes this.
    01-26-15 04:24 PM
    So I bought myself a passport tonight and can't wait for it to arrive! I was just wondering if any of y'all experienced users have any tips I should put to use once it gets here. Any recommendations? Thank you!
    Yeah; show it at airports and borders if they ask for it.....
    Eustis99 and Douken like this.
    01-26-15 04:31 PM
    In the Passport section of Crackberry there are plenty of tipps. Enjoy!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    Eustis99 likes this.
    01-26-15 04:35 PM
    Travel

 Z10
    01-26-15 05:08 PM
    The keyboard takes some getting used to but once you adjust, it's awesome! Download an app like TypeTutorPro to get those thumbs flying in no time!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-26-15 05:20 PM
    Don't do leaks!

It is a wonderful and functional phone out of the box.

I just picked up mine this morning and I can't stop playing around with it. It is updated to the latest version. Also, in a couple of days 10.3.1.

So don't mess up your phone. You'll have enough work to transfer your old backup to the passport, play with the keyboard, etc.

It is an amazing phone.

BlackBerry makes real magic.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 05:23 PM
    I wouldn't agree with not doing leaks but to each their own. I have the latest leak on my Passport and it is fantastic! But enjoy the Passport! It is a great phone!

Passport on AT&T
    01-26-15 05:27 PM
    My tip is learn as much as you can about keyboard shortcuts, gestures, voice assistant and native apps that come pre-installed on your device. You can do A LOT with the Passport. It is a beast.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 06:01 PM
    Congratulations!

Enjoy your new BB!

and yes if you're planning to instal a screen protector order it now and pop it one first thing you do
    01-26-15 06:07 PM
    Don't get last leak, I have been experiencing lots of flicker on my Passport .. just wait for official.

Posted via my magnificent Passport
    01-26-15 06:10 PM
    Just enjoy it. And be prepared to have people ask you what it is!

If you want to upgrade, use Sachesi, it's like butter, just like a regular OTA upgrade.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 06:10 PM
    Get yourself a case; The OEM case is good and the Stilgut cases are also very nice.
    I dropped my Passport face down on the floor this weekend and now I'm purchasing a new screen...
    01-26-15 06:26 PM
    get a case
    01-26-15 06:44 PM
    Silly tip but a good one. Don't try and answer the phone one handed. What I mean by this is trying to answer the phone after pulling it out of your pocket using the same hand. Well not until you have got used to the size and the weight of the thing first.
    01-26-15 07:16 PM
    Don't do leaks!

It is a wonderful and functional phone out of the box.

I just picked up mine this morning and I can't stop playing around with it. It is updated to the latest version. Also, in a couple of days 10.3.1.

So don't mess up your phone. You'll have enough work to transfer your old backup to the passport, play with the keyboard, etc.

It is an amazing phone.

BlackBerry makes real magic.

Posted via CB10
    If it's not a production phone, leaks are fine. Or if you just get started with BB10, starting with a recent 10.3.1 leak is fine... nothing to transfer.

:-D

�   HaPPy Australia Day 2015 - come and gone...   �
    01-26-15 07:20 PM
    Install the lastest leak .2072

Enjoy your new Passport
    01-26-15 07:25 PM
    Thank you everybody for the advice! I also ordered the oem case so I'll have a screen protector immediately for it! It'll be different but that's exactly what I like, I can't do leaks haha they confuse me, I can easily install apks but with o.s leaks I'm afraid I'll do something wrong.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 08:18 PM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Thank you everybody for the advice! I also ordered the oem case so I'll have a screen protector immediately for it! It'll be different but that's exactly what I like, I can't do leaks haha they confuse me, I can easily install apks but with o.s leaks I'm afraid I'll do something wrong.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

wise! .. wait for the official releases .. its awesome right out of the box but it takes time .. days .. weeks ... to really learn and begin to appreciate the many features and short cuts, and so on, so be patient and read the threads here for information including the guide articles .. before just posting questions ...

from my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 10:06 PM
    - Decide if your're a case or shell type of user. The BB leather flip case looks good, but doesn't stay shut and has no magnet to help keep it shut. I don't recommend it for the retail price. There are way more options now since launch day.
    - Do thumb exercises to build your strength and dexterity. ;-). The relestate your thumbs will have to travel will take a bit of getting used to. kidding. Enjoy your Passport.
    01-26-15 10:21 PM
    Not really a tip! Just enjoy a fantastic phone

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 10:34 PM
    My advice:

Load the. 2072 leak. It is worth it IMO

Don't try to use with one hand initially except calls of course.

Get a typing app: I use Typist from Amazon appstore and practiced daily to get used to the key-board

I highly recommend the hard shell case - I feel comfortable setting it down without worrying about scratching the camera or screen. Flip shell was nice, but not comfortable to type with.

Get cool wallpapers from papers dot co (not com)

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 10:46 PM
    Don't let it replace family members.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    01-26-15 11:52 PM
    Hi Prem...got a question for you as you're probably the only person I know at the moment who's got a BB Passport in Ausie...I'm outta Perth ...my wife bought me the much loved & desired Passport for Valentines Day (best gift ever!) outright and i'm using it with Vodafone...i'd like to know what OS version you're on and if i need to get a pre-paid Optus sim to update once 10.3.1 is out or does it happen OTA?
    02-18-15 12:36 AM
27 12