4 of the 5 cards I have offer it. Discover and AMEX being the most customer friendly and easiest to process of the group.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 08:57 AM
    My cc for sure doesn't have it. Either way i guess i'm boned. I left a message for customer loyalty at blackberry's head office to see what they have to say as during my DR fiasco they said "the refund was denied by blackberry" if nothing comes of that, then i'll just have to leave it alone.

I wanted to personally say thanks to everyone for your comments and explanations.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by fraunhofer777; 01-11-15 at 09:48 AM.
    IamSuperMas likes this.
    01-11-15 09:07 AM
    If it helps any... I've been trying to get support from BlackBerryHelp for weeks, they suck and I might not actually get the Passport. DR is... A joke, to put it lightly.
    01-16-15 05:50 PM
    Can I ask for the difference for all the gas I've purchased, now that it's bellow two dollars a gallon?

Will Walmart honor my expired coupons?

This is a dumb request and you should be ashamed for trying and thankful those people are even bothering.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    01-16-15 06:05 PM
    Buy your Passports from amazon. com

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    01-17-15 10:49 AM
    Can I ask for the difference for all the gas I've purchased, now that it's bellow two dollars a gallon?

Will Walmart honor my expired coupons?

This is a dumb request and you should be ashamed for trying and thankful those people are even bothering.
    In Canada it's the law that if the price of a retail store good drops within a certain time frame you are entitled to the difference, barring some exceptions
    01-17-15 11:46 AM
    Amazon is the best. Avoid shopblackberry,

Posted via CB10
    pyBerry likes this.
    01-17-15 12:06 PM
    I would have thought the effect of such a law would be to deter the retailer from dropping prices for fear of incurring too great a loss

Passport or Z10, whichever is nearest
    01-17-15 01:23 PM
    Y'know, if I were you, I'd take this to a whole effortless but effective level -- Tweet about your horrible experience with #DigitalRiver and #ShopBlackBerry -- go on their Facebook page and let them know -- send e-mails to them -- call and ask to be escalated and speak to a manager.

If it's the money, probably not worth the effort. If it's the principle, you've got to be loud to be heard. Let them know their actions have very public consequences. At the very least they'll apologize and recognize they've got to work on their service.

Posted via CB10
    fraunhofer777 and torco3 like this.
    01-17-15 02:17 PM
    Y'know, if I were you, I'd take this to a whole effortless but effective level -- Tweet about your horrible experience with #DigitalRiver and #ShopBlackBerry -- go on their Facebook page and let them know -- send e-mails to them -- call and ask to be escalated and speak to a manager.

If it's the money, probably not worth the effort. If it's the principle, you've got to be loud to be heard. Let them know their actions have very public consequences. At the very least they'll apologize and recognize they've got to work on their service.

Posted via CB10
    Because they won't honour a deal out of its timeframe.
    01-17-15 02:20 PM
    I avoid Digital River. Is the $100 a matter of principle? Then "practice" toward a satisfactory solution. Getting "clipped" for $100 and allowing it to "occupy" a portion of "mental real estate", depends on the person & issue.
    01-17-15 10:33 PM
    I don't understand why people do that. You bought that product at that time, so you pay that price. You don't wait 2 weeks and complain because it went down that you want a refund. You lost out on a sale..big deal!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 11:33 PM
    I had a similar issue a while back with the coupon situation a week after initial launch, I had initially tried getting a refund for the difference the coupon was offering but of course they wouldn't do so. I ended up just purchasing another Passport with coupon, return the first one I had purchased, they took FOREVER with my refund! I mean like two weeks and all I got was the tax and shipping cost because I had overnight shipping done on my first purchase.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:15 AM
    Hi everyone,

I'll try and keep this short and sweet and to the point. The facts are as follows:

• Pre-ordered the Red BBPP
    • Received the passport
    • Price dropped by $100 2 weeks later
    • Called Digital river/shopblackberry support (WORST EXPERIENCE EVER) and a request was created to refund me the difference in price
    • Called back several times after 4 days and was told my request was being worked on
    • After 2 weeks of waiting i got mad and they transferred me to a supervisor, then to their main office in MN
    • Was told the refund request was denied. I became very exasperated
    • Found out a close friend with a Z30 had a similar situation that the price dropped after he bought it and was issued a refund. Tried using this as leverage but the people in MN would not comment or look up his order number even though i had everything.
    • Tried every possible avenue, @blackberryhelp is also useless
    • I love blackberry but i'm so defeated over this and i'm almost ready to send it all back and be done with blackberry for good
    • I offered to return and rebuy the phone initially but she suggested that the refund request would be smarter, which i agreed. Why would they want a refurbed phone back to them when they could just refund me the difference.

Has anyone else gone through this? Or were you successful in getting a partial refund? I need your help if you were.

Thanks Crackberry nation.
    I don't blame you, but honestly do you think Apple or Samsung would refund you?

No they wouldn't you got unlucky there's a reason a sale is in a specific time date what if hundreds of thousands of Z30 owners complained to BlackBerry during the thanksgiving sale that it they payed double for their Z30s?

BlackBerry would go bankrupt.

They intentionally put out a specific number of devices for the sale. That's why when the sale says sold out a few days before it's over and the minute the sale ends they have more in stock they aren't cheating you. They just put out a specific amount of units that they would sell at the sale price.

You got unlucky before the sale and you'll just have to live with that.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-18-15 02:37 AM
    I don't blame you, but honestly do you think Apple or Samsung would refund you?

No they wouldn't you got unlucky there's a reason a sale is in a specific time date what if hundreds of thousands of Z30 owners complained to BlackBerry during the thanksgiving sale that it they payed double for their Z30s?

BlackBerry would go bankrupt.

They intentionally put out a specific number of devices for the sale. That's why when the sale says sold out a few days before it's over and the minute the sale ends they have more in stock they aren't cheating you. They just put out a specific amount of units that they would sell at the sale price.

You got unlucky before the sale and you'll just have to live with that.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    Samsung no because you don't generally buy from Samsung direct. Apple yes, with their 14 day return frame (which is standard at least in Canada for cellular devices). Apple will also refund for the portion of AppleCare you purchased if you sell to another person (friend of mine got a year refunded).

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    01-18-15 02:55 AM
    I ended up just purchasing another Passport with coupon, return the first one I had purchased, they took FOREVER with my refund! I mean like two weeks and all I got was the tax and shipping cost because I had overnight shipping done on my first purchase.
    A week of that was probably your credit card refunding your account. They're weird like that. Charges are instant, but refunds take a week.
    01-19-15 03:25 AM
    Because they won't honour a deal out of its timeframe.
    Ethically they should as a form of good faith!?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 08:13 AM
    Ethically they should as a form of good faith!?

Posted via CB10
    No - in most businesses there must be a limited window for things like this. Otherwise, you run the risk of losing a lot of revenue - both on the purchases themselves, and on the employee time wasted in processing the requests. Two weeks after purchase is pushing it, imho; 48-72 hours is a fair time frame for requesting a credit/refund in the event of a price drop. Outside of that you return the item (if possible), and repurchase at the lower price point.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-19-15 09:06 AM
    I bought the Red One from Shop BlackBerry (DR) a couple of days ago, got a "confirmation" (aka, we're scare and want to make sure your'e a real person) call about a day after, and still no sign of shipment. I thought paying for express would actually mean that, but I guess it's all a waiting game.

Just that I have a voucher to trade in an old iPhone 4S I have sitting around (another interesting company I hear) and that expires in a few day. BlackBerry is just going for an all-round loss with this one.
    01-30-15 01:11 PM
    I purchased full price & the $100 sale came during my 30 day return period... several calls & they said the only way was to return it and repurchase at the sale price... I told them that is "burdensome" & also "wasteful" and finally they refunded the money to my credit card ...this came from BB, not from digital river...

When I called to ask for a difference refund on the Z30, the rep already had some kind of notice that if I had purchased it after a certain date, the refund would be honored. Whatever policy that was had already been preset. The refund was approved before I got off the phone.

If you really want the refund and are willing to put the effort into it, you have the date of sale, the date of the price drop, and the date of your request. If everything falls within the 30 days, it seems like they should honor it. If you're outside of that range, well I don't even know if Apple would honor it. For example, say you bought an Apple device on the 1st, the price drops on the 10th and you don't make the request until the 30th, you're outside Apple's 14 day window.
    01-30-15 01:34 PM
    I purchased full price & the $100 sale came during my 30 day return period... several calls & they said the only way was to return it and repurchase at the sale price... I told them that is "burdensome" & also "wasteful" and finally they refunded the money to my credit card ...this came from BB, not from digital river...
    I called Digital River directly since it was where I bought the Z30 from. Did you try them first or did you call BlackBerry?
    01-30-15 05:31 PM
    Hey can you pm me some information/order number and such about this?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:21 AM
    Make sure u use the digital trail of your interactions with ShopBB.

You need to ensure that every time they say they are going to give you a discount, you need to have that rep email you that detail.

The more proof you have, the better your chances of getting your price match.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:26 AM
    I have too similar experienced when I bought Q10 for my sister. The price dropped 2 days after I bought it. When I inquire about this and see if I can get a refund for price difference, the seller just made a simple realization respond, she said that the unit is priced on that amount when I decided to buy it, and even when the price went down after a minute I paid the unit and they issued me a receipt, it shouldn't and wouldn't affect our official transaction earlier. And I was convinced when she said that if the price of that unit when up a minute after I paid it and officially issued a receipt, they couldn't and wouldn't charge me with a higher price implemented after we finished our official transaction.

As she said, charged it to experience...

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 01:39 PM
    I have too similar experienced when I bought Q10 for my sister. The price dropped 2 days after I bought it. When I inquire about this and see if I can get a refund for price difference, the seller just made a simple realization respond, she said that the unit is priced on that amount when I decided to buy it, and even when the price went down after a minute I paid the unit and they issued me a receipt, it shouldn't and wouldn't affect our official transaction earlier. And I was convinced when she said that if the price of that unit when up a minute after I paid it and officially issued a receipt, they couldn't and wouldn't charge me with a higher price implemented after we finished our official transaction.

As she said, charged it to experience...
    There's a difference though... You're allowed 30 days to return your purchase.

In your minute time-frame... If you bought it, returned it a minute later, and the price went up a minute after that and you decided you wanted it again, you'd have to pay the higher price. If you bought it, and the price dropped a minute later, you could return it and buy another one at the lower price. The first one was untouched by you.
    02-04-15 03:38 PM
50 12