03-21-15 04:03 PM
32 12
tools
    Ok folks I am in a similar pickle..
    I have device password and picture password. My child changed the picture password and well I'm at 8/10 tries before a wipe.
    I seem to have updated the alphanumeric device password via Link but still i cannot overcome the picture password.
    to add to the fun, of course, I search my computer files for what I though were auto synchs but dont have a current backup. The important data are text messages and contacts.

Is there any way to use device password to avoid picture password?
    Any suggestions?

Regards
    02-21-15 02:12 AM
    Set password like pppp or qqqq

Simple, easy to remember, too stupid to be tried with brute force

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    02-21-15 02:54 AM
    I get it too.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 06:45 AM
    I had a Z10 in my pocket and somehow my picture password screen was trying itself each time the phone shifted in my pocket. It happens. Fortunately, I set my phone up to backup contacts and other data, while my photos and music were stored on an SD card, so after the dreaded BlackBerry data enema, I signed in with my BBID and a few minutes later, my phone was 99% of its previous self.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 06:47 AM
    I have device password and picture password. My child changed the picture password and well I'm at 8/10 tries before a wipe.
    I seem to have updated the alphanumeric device password via Link but still i cannot overcome the picture password.
    to add to the fun, of course, I search my computer files for what I though were auto synchs but dont have a current backup. The important data are text messages and contacts.

Any suggestions?

Regards
    Sorry to here that. Think of it this way; I lock myself out for the reason is was so excited about the new phone, things happen. Hopefully the backup is not to old
    02-21-15 08:03 AM

Any suggestions?

Regards
    Usually with the picture password, you can enter it incorrectly 5 times and then you'll be asked to type BlackBerry before entering your other password. At least, that's how it happens for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:17 AM
    I went with the straight numbers. I was not comfortable with using picture password.
    03-21-15 04:03 PM
32 12