03-21-15 05:03 PM
32 12
tools
    I can not believe i forgot my device lock password and I am now lock out, yes I tried my password 10 times, and remember the password as the device now has the plug like this with the spinning working thing in the middle. what happens next? and how long dose this process take
    11-09-14 10:39 AM
    Data is being wiped. Takes a bit.

Did ya find it in a coffee shop?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 10:41 AM
    Seriously, you forgot the password on a device you use every day??? I'm old and my memory is better than that!!!

Sorry, but something doesn't sound quite right here???

I can not believe i forgot my device lock password and I am now lock out, yes I tried my password 10 times, and remember the password as the device now has the plug like this with the spinning working thing in the middle. what happens next? and how long dose this process take

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Bonnie Bonzai and jskerutis like this.
    11-09-14 10:42 AM
    Found this in BlackBerry help.
    "Your BlackBerry device password can't be recovered or changed if you don't enter your current password correctly. For security reasons, the only way that you can reset your password without knowing your current password is to delete all of your device data. You can do this by entering an incorrect device password multiple times."

Posted via CB10
    jskerutis likes this.
    11-09-14 10:43 AM
    Could take hours, maybe even half a day (or days if something goes wrong). When it's done you'll basically have a brand new device. If you have a backup then you can try restoring it, but only after you have signed to the wiped-Passport with the same BBID (and password).

Posted via CB10
    jskerutis likes this.
    11-09-14 10:44 AM
    Welcome to the BlackBerry security feature. Good Bye your data.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't make sense. Ten times? Your own phone?

Posted via CB10
    No, I have been using blackberries for a long time, and have been using the same password. like a fool I decided to us a different password and was being detracted just after doing the software update. plus being excited with the new phone. being dyslexic dose not help either
    11-09-14 10:45 AM
    just a stupid move
    11-09-14 10:46 AM
    Found this in BlackBerry help.
    "Your BlackBerry device password can't be recovered or changed if you don't enter your current password correctly. For security reasons, the only way that you can reset your password without knowing your current password is to delete all of your device data. You can do this by entering an incorrect device password multiple times."

Posted via CB10
    thank you, I guess i am waiting for the wipe to finish, lucky I just started to set things up
    11-09-14 10:47 AM
    Could take hours, maybe even half a day (or days if something goes wrong). When it's done you'll basically have a brand new device. If you have a backup then you can try restoring it, but only after you have signed to the wiped-Passport with the same BBID (and password).

Posted via CB10
    thank you, I will just wait then
    11-09-14 10:49 AM
    Doesn't make sense. Ten times? Your own phone?

Posted via CB10
    yes, that is why I said a bone head move for the title.
    11-09-14 10:50 AM
    Seriously, you forgot the password on a device you use every day??? I'm old and my memory is better than that!!!

Sorry, but something doesn't sound quite right here???

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    passwords, everything has a f--n password these days
    11-09-14 10:55 AM
    No, I have been using blackberries for a long time, and have been using the same password. like a fool I decided to us a different password and was being detracted just after doing the software update. plus being excited with the new phone. being dyslexic dose not help either
    I don't mean to be rude but I think I just found your next Password... dyslexic..sound"s good ??? lol..good luck!!!
    11-09-14 11:08 AM
    passwords, everything has a f--n password these days
    Actually the password is optional.
    11-09-14 12:55 PM
    Thank God!!!
    jskerutis likes this.
    11-09-14 01:28 PM
    I have forgotten mine before after changing it to a new one. Not on my phone tho. If i had a dollar for every time I requested a new password.......

Posted via CB10
    jskerutis likes this.
    11-09-14 01:32 PM
    Totally get it. With so many passwords to remember, and now different minimum password rules, easy to forget what you used.

Do you really want to use the same password for all things?

In This case, apple does have the lead, we need a fingerprint Id.
    jskerutis likes this.
    11-09-14 01:47 PM
    I don't mean to be rude but I think I just found your next Password... dyslexic..sound"s good ??? lol..good luck!!!
    Sound's?
    11-09-14 02:01 PM
    Hey OP. We have all made silly mistakes in our lives. It's all good. Learn from it and move on. This to will pass. Cheers

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    Umaima_B_Dia and jskerutis like this.
    11-09-14 02:04 PM
    If you want to speed it along, feel free to download the Autoloader of the latest official OS and just run that with the device connected.

You'll be starting from scratch, but if you have a previous backup, you can just restore from that same as always :P

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-09-14 02:46 PM
    I would mess that up too it would look like this dslicyx, or cixelsyd. or dyslxice on never knows.
    11-09-14 05:02 PM
    Quite easy to forget the password if you use the picture password function, because you never use the actual password.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 05:34 PM
    Actually the password is optional.
    Not if you have a work perimeter and security policy.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-10-14 10:35 AM
    Sorry to hear that. What happens next is a complete security wipe of your phone. It usually takes a good 45 minutes.

Try using picture password. It's neat, it's simpler to remember and people around you won't believe their eyes!

Posted via CB10
    jskerutis likes this.
    11-10-14 11:07 AM
32 12