Hello again,

My passport se makes blurry lights in the pictures. Has anybody else this problem?
    Auto Fokus works great. But all lights are blurry.

Blurry Lights in pictures-img_20170308_195619.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 01:04 PM
    Have you tried cleaning the lens? I think grease can cause this.
    03-08-17 01:20 PM
    Have you tried cleaning the lens? I think grease can cause this.
    Yes but the lens is clean. Outside. Inside ... I can not open the camera.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 01:22 PM
    Yes but the lens is clean. Outside. Inside ... I can not open the camera.

Posted via CB10
    You need tool obeng to open screw

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    03-09-17 02:25 AM
    You need tool obeng to open screw

Ok. I know but i don't wanna try to open my Passport
    03-09-17 02:29 AM
    Ok. I know but i don't wanna try to open my Passport
    Do you don't know how to open it?

03-09-17 03:30 AM
    I don't wanna try it and i don't know how to open the Passport
    03-09-17 09:52 AM
    Hello again,

My passport se makes blurry lights in the pictures. Has anybody else this problem?
    Auto Fokus works great. But all lights are blurry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170308_195619.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	418968

Posted via CB10
    Try taking picture in different lighting condition to see if it will make any difference.
    My guess from your picture is you have a sharp bright light against the camera which kind of blinded it and made it hard for the camera to find a focusing point in a cream colored room which provide low contrast.

Posted from my  Passport
    03-09-17 10:31 AM
    Hey. Every picture with lights are blurry. Only the lights. There is no different effect when i took a photo in my room without daylight or with.
    03-09-17 10:34 AM
    Try taking picture in different lighting condition to see if it will make any difference.
    My guess from your picture is you have a sharp bright light against the camera which kind of blinded it and made it hard for the camera to find a focusing point in a cream colored room which provide low contrast.

Posted from my  Passport
    Hey. Every picture with lights are blurry. Only the lights. There is no different effect when i took a photo in my room without daylight or with.
    My q5 or my Priv don't have this problem.
    03-09-17 10:35 AM
    You have a lens issue.
    Either greasy dirty outer lens or inner lens.
    Or ultra fine scratches on the inner lens or outer lens.

99% sure its nothing else.
    03-09-17 11:34 AM
    You have a lens issue.
    Either greasy dirty outer lens or inner lens.
    Or ultra fine scratches on the inner lens or outer lens.

99% sure its nothing else.
    One question. Is that normal that the lense are moving ? I get the phone as a second hand device. And i think the first owner drop the phone :/
    03-09-17 11:42 AM
    One question. Is that normal that the lense are moving ? I get the phone as a second hand device. And i think the first owner drop the phone :/
    Lenes moving? They do move to some degree for stabilization purposes. But if they were moving due to being broken from a drop, you wouldn't be getting focused pictures very well, also everything else would be shaky looking. Or really hard to get a steady shot of anything.

Since its getting good shots of everything else but lights are beyond acceptable. The only time I've ever seen that happen is when something is on the lens. Like grease, dirt, fine scratch, or water film from being dropped in water.

You say the lens is good and clean to appearance. So all I can think of now is inner lens issues. Maybe the original person replaced the camera, and while doing so, they touched the inner lens on the camera module.
    Second thing, maybe they dropped it into water. And what your seeing is a haze in the picture due to dried water film over the lens.

Check your phone for water damage. Pulled the sd / sim cover off the back of the phone. Now on the phone with in the area of the sim and sd card area, look for a small square white sticker. If you find a pink one instead, the phone had been in water. If you can't find one at all, I'd bet the original owner remived it, probably due to water.

Just thoughts.
    Good luck
    03-09-17 11:58 AM
    Lenes moving? They do move to some degree for stabilization purposes. But if they were moving due to being broken from a drop, you wouldn't be getting focused pictures very well, also everything else would be shaky looking. Or really hard to get a steady shot of anything.

Since its getting good shots of everything else but lights are beyond acceptable. The only time I've ever seen that happen is when something is on the lens. Like grease, dirt, fine scratch, or water film from being dropped in water.

You say the lens is good and clean to appearance. So all I can think of now is inner lens issues. Maybe the original person replaced the camera, and while doing so, they touched the inner lens on the camera module.
    Second thing, maybe they dropped it into water. And what your seeing is a haze in the picture due to dried water film over the lens.

Check your phone for water damage. Pulled the sd / sim cover off the back of the phone. Now on the phone with in the area of the sim and sd card area, look for a small square white sticker. If you find a pink one instead, the phone had been in water. If you can't find one at all, I'd bet the original owner remived it, probably due to water.

Just thoughts.
    Good luck
    Thank you very much. I will check it and report here
    03-09-17 12:03 PM
    The sticker is still white. So no water damage.
    03-09-17 12:21 PM
    I polishing the outer lense and the pictures gettin sharper. But the lense blurry thing is still there but a little bit better. I see dust inside the camera.

Blurry Lights in pictures-img_20170309_214856.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 02:53 PM
    That's like night and day difference from the first set of pictures you posted.
    If you are willing to open it up. I'd also clear out the inside.
    03-09-17 09:19 PM
    I don't know how to open the device. Are they videos out there ?
    03-09-17 09:22 PM
    Try YouTube
    Search for BlackBerry passport teardown
    03-11-17 12:41 PM
    Try YouTube
    Search for BlackBerry passport teardown
    Ok thx
    03-11-17 12:53 PM
    TL;DR:
    Your camera is fine. As long as you wipe down the dirt around the outside cover and don't see much dirt/fog inside the lens, you are good to go.

Long version:
    Upon examination of two images, the problem you mentioned perhaps has to do with lens flare and exposure setting.

Lens flare is caused by taking picture at bright and direct light source. The result usually a washed out, blurry image dues to unable to obtain proper focus lock and light scattering before reaching the sensor.
    Exposure setting is a combination of shutter speed, aperture and ISO.

Now what are those two thing have to do with anything:
    Since blackberry doesn't let us change the exposure setting manually it can cause trouble sometime. As you might already notice, image taken in low light situation will look blurry and patchy, and outside sunny day will look crispy and vivid. That is because in low light situation, camera sensor gives a signal boost to brighten the image at the sacrifice of dynamic range and digital noise.

Below are 3 images I took for example

Blurry Lights in pictures-img_20170311_143140.jpg
    Exposure is metered for the light bulb.
    Blurry Lights in pictures-img_20170311_143029.jpg
    Exposure is metered for the room with the blinder CLOSED
    Blurry Lights in pictures-img_20170311_142944.jpg
    Exposure is metered for the room with blinder OPENED

Blackberry camera is just okay. Don't expect it will be like iphone or samsung.
    Posted from BlackBerry Passport.
    Last edited by nhatanh181; 03-11-17 at 03:04 PM.
    03-11-17 02:38 PM
    Thank you. I noticed it is what it is. Not a iPhone camera. But after cleaning the lenses outside, it's ok for me.

Passport is a great device for business. I love it
    03-12-17 05:58 AM