Hello together,

I have some problems with Bluetooth. Both my headset (Plantronics Backbeat 903+) and my car with Kenwood KCA-BT300 have the same problems.

Problem 1: often my Passport does not connect automatically. Turning Bluetooth on the phone off and on again solves this issue. After working for a couple of times the problem comes up again.

Problem 2: the connection gets lost sometimes. To solve this, I have to turn Bluetooth on the phone off and on again. This problem also comes up after working a couple of times.

Problem 3: the audio quality is really bad, when 2 apps play something at the same time e.g. music and satnav. Turning one of them off improves quality a lot. When playing only 1 app the same time, the sound quality is really good. Through the phone's loudspeaker it is never a problem.

Does anyone else have similiar problems? How could I solve the issues?

Thank you very much.

Regards
    01-07-15 06:38 PM
    Depending on what os your running, i did find that 10.3.0.1418 the BT did drop in and out of my car, i'm running the 10.3.1.1154 right now and no problems , also go into your BT settings into advanced and make sure you have rSAP toggled on.
    01-07-15 06:48 PM
    Thank you.

My OS version is 10.3.0.908

My bluetooth devices don't support rSAP. Moreover, I stream music to my bluetooth devices. What reason does it have to turn the rSAP option on? I think there should be no difference to now. I appreciate it, if you could explain the difference. Thank you.
    01-08-15 02:53 AM
    rSAP profile for BT have no baring on the sound quality. It stands for remote SIM Access Profile... ("This profile allows devices such as car phones with built-in GSM transceivers to connect to a SIM card in a Bluetooth enabled phone, thus the car phone itself doesn't require a separate SIM card. ")

Sound quality will be improved if the "aptX" is used, however receiving devices need to support it (Passport does, as well as other BlackBerry 10 phones).

As for the connectivity dropouts and sound quality, I have no other advice but to a) update your phone OS, b) change car!:-). I have several BT devices in use frequently ( 2 different BT peakers, car, BlackBerry Media Gateway, Jabra Icon...) and no issues on 10.3.1.1154...never tried any other BBOS...

01-08-15 05:51 AM
    Do you know when there will be the official release of 10.3.1 for Passport? Thank you
    01-10-15 11:06 AM
    Do you know when there will be the official release of 10.3.1 for Passport? Thank you
    No, but BlackBerry has said it will come to many carriers in February.

I want to note that I have had the first two problems you described in the OP running 10.3.1.1154 on my Passport. Let's hope this gets fixed!

Also, let's hope that BlackBerry finally makes a mirrorlink interface for BlackBerry 10 car audio. I have a QNX-based Pioneer unit in my car and it is much better to use with iOS (carplay) or Android. That seems unacceptable to me and very contrary to Mike L's vision of BlackBerry handsets being a leader in the IoT.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 11:17 AM
    I too have noticed my Passport dropping the connection on my bluetooth ear piece. Seems like every few minutes it does it. I thought it was my earpiece going bad and had the same problem after replacing it. Really hoping to find an easy fix since I don't have another BB to swap with.
    03-18-15 03:14 PM
    I too have noticed my Passport dropping the connection on my bluetooth ear piece. Seems like every few minutes it does it. I thought it was my earpiece going bad and had the same problem after replacing it. Really hoping to find an easy fix since I don't have another BB to swap with.
    btw/ It's been doing this every since I had it. Just recently updated to 10.3.1.2576.
    03-18-15 03:16 PM
    My Passport was doing this with my Plantronics Legend. It was very frustrating, especially when on my hour commute to and from work. I even posted it on the Plantronics forum.
    Last Saturday I did the 10.3.1.2558 update. Problem solved! I ran my Legend for several hours both Sat. and Sun. Not one disconnect. Drove into work Monday and had it connect for a whole hour and then the commute back home. Perfect. Monday night I did the OTA update to 2576...still the connection is great.
    So, my advice is to do the updates, pick which one, your choice. I think you will find that it will fix your Bluetooth issue,

Just noticed you did the update. I hope it is working out for you. If not try resetting the Bluetooth stack.
    03-18-15 03:42 PM
    Since I've updated my Q5 from 10.2 to 10.3 (10.3.1.1779 to be specific) I'm also running into problems with bluetooth in my car .
    I've always used rSAP with no issues . But now either the phone does not get connected , and if it does , it's very unstable and drops out both in and out of calls .
    Last edited by Polly Vermeet; 03-24-15 at 08:06 AM. Reason: subscribe
    03-24-15 06:05 AM
    I received the update to 10.3.1.1779 at the weekend. Until now, it works better than previous versions. I did not have any problems with drop outs any more. I'll keep you updated. If there will be nothing until the end of the week, I think it is solved for me.
    03-24-15 03:34 PM
    I can't seem to find any information on "resetting the Bluetooth stack" What does that involve? I read that after someone changed out the radio file it worked, which I did once but nothing....
    04-13-15 10:47 AM
    I can't seem to find any information on "resetting the Bluetooth stack" What does that involve? I read that after someone changed out the radio file it worked, which I did once but nothing....
    To reset the Bluetooth Stack, delete your BT device from the list in the BT settings, then turn phone off for about 5 seconds or longer (I leave my phone off for at least a minute). Turn the phone back on and go through the pairing process again.

Sometimes I will do a hard reset right after turning my phone back on just for insurance. Not sure that makes any difference but it can't hurt.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    04-13-15 11:19 AM
    I am still struggling with the issue of instability on rSAP connection in my VW car .

This has been going on since the update to 10.3.1.17xx . So for more than 6 months .
    Today I read about an official 10.3.2.x , I have not received it on my device .
    So , I decided to update trough an unofficial autoloader .

Updated the phone to the absolute newest version , problem is still there . Very hard to connect the phone and when it does it drops in and out of calls at random intervals .

I'm really feeling like throwing this phone into the bin right now .
    08-15-15 01:46 PM
    I am still struggling with the issue of instability on rSAP connection in my VW car .

This has been going on since the update to 10.3.1.17xx . So for more than 6 months .
    Today I read about an official 10.3.2.x , I have not received it on my device .
    So , I decided to update trough an unofficial autoloader .

Updated the phone to the absolute newest version , problem is still there . Very hard to connect the phone and when it does it drops in and out of calls at random intervals .

I'm really feeling like throwing this phone into the bin right now .
    It may not be the OS version. It could be your phone's Bluetooth module. Several of us (documented on CB) had Bluetooth issues on our Passports. Returning our phones and getting new ones solved the issue. If your phone is still under warranty I suggest getting a replacement.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    08-15-15 02:51 PM
    Thank you for the suggestion of returning the phone .

To me it looks like too much coincidence that my bluetooth module would break at the exact same time the upgrade from 10.2 to 10.3.1 happened . Next to that I see a lot more people having troubles with their rSAP/bluetooth connection since the 10.3.1 update . This makes it even harder to believe my bluetooth module would been broken accidently .

I'm sure that if I load 10.2 again (I'm going to try this out) , my bluetooth connection with the car would be working perfectly again .

My Q5 is out of warranty , or else I wouldn't be spending all this time on trying to fix the issue .
    08-16-15 02:01 AM
    I have a connection issue with my bt headset as well. While in use on a call it's fine but while not connected to a call it will disconnect and reconnect several times. I'm on PassportSQW100-3/10.3.1.2576

BlackBerry Passport
    08-16-15 09:13 AM
    I have a connection issue with my bt headset as well. While in use on a call it's fine but while not connected to a call it will disconnect and reconnect several times. I'm on PassportSQW100-3/10.3.1.2576

BlackBerry Passport
    Defective phone, return it if you can. Many posts about defective Bluetooth and Passports. Returning it and getting a replacement solved the issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    08-16-15 09:20 AM