Hi all,

I've just purchased my passport and I love it - although this keyboard is taking some getting use to.

I've got a pair of MPOW Swift earphones (bluetooth) and I can't seem to get them connected to my passport, any suggestions? There only cheap earbuds but they worked flawlessly with my iPhone.

Thanks

Sent from my beautiful passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 01:34 PM
    Just make sure that the earbuds are set to "discoverable" (as well as your Passport) and you should see them come up on your phone.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    xorozu likes this.
    08-12-15 02:16 PM
    Just make sure that the earbuds are set to "discoverable" (as well as your Passport) and you should see them come up on your phone.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    Newbie error, didn't make my PP discoverable. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-12-15 02:20 PM
    Hi all,

I've just purchased my passport and I love it - although this keyboard is taking some getting use to.

I've got a pair of MPOW Swift earphones (bluetooth) and I can't seem to get them connected to my passport, any suggestions? There only cheap earbuds but they worked flawlessly with my iPhone.

Thanks

Sent from my beautiful passport.

Posted via CB10
    There were a number of Passports, original not the Silver Edition, in which there were BT connection problems. BlackBerry never recognized or acknowledged this. I had one and couldn't get BlackBerry support to listen, so I exchanged it through Amazon.

Where did you get your Passport? Is it new or used? If used or refurbished, it could be one of those. If you want to PM me the BlackBerry PIN of your device I could see if it was mine once. I'm sure they just recycled it without checking the BT, because BBVE always said BT was fine, but it wasn't.

So if you can't pair your device successfully, that's the problem. Good luck.
    08-12-15 02:35 PM
    There was never a problem with bluetooth on BlackBerry 10. Always works flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 02:33 PM
    There was never a problem with bluetooth on BlackBerry 10. Always works flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing to do with BlackBerry 10. It was a Passport hardware problem on some devices, one of which I owned and later swapped for a good one w the same OS and a data restore.
    08-13-15 03:00 PM
    One of my AT&T Passports had the same issue. Exchanged it through AT&T.

The other Passport's BT worked fine. It was more of a defect on the phone than anything else.

Passport
    08-13-15 03:12 PM
    One of my AT&T Passports had the same issue. Exchanged it through AT&T.

The other Passport's BT worked fine. It was more of a defect on the phone than anything else.

Passport
    Exactly. And none of the logs I sent to BlackBerry support or BBVE tests I did ever showed a problem. But there most definitely was one. My guess is that Amazon took it back and returned it to BlackBerry, BlackBerry looked at it and never checked for a BT problem, then turned around and sold it as refurbished to some unsuspecting buyer. I even sent a BBM message to the PIN of that Passport just to see if someone else had it, but never received a reply. If the next owner never uses BT, he or she will be none the worse for it, because otherwise the PP worked fine.
    08-13-15 03:51 PM
    I had the same BT issues with my Passport bought from Amazon as KenV54 did. In fact we exchanged PMs about it. The BT disconnects were frequent. I returned mine to Amazon and the new Passport works perfectly.
    08-13-15 03:56 PM
    I had the same BT issues with my Passport bought from Amazon as KenV54 did. In fact we exchanged PMs about it. The BT disconnects were frequent. I returned mine to Amazon and the new Passport works perfectly.
    Yes, and my new Silver PP works perfectly, as well, although I've had a couple of brief flickers, which is a little worrisome. It will likely settle down. No BT problems with it, though.
    08-13-15 04:06 PM
    Yes, and my new Silver PP works perfectly, as well, although I've had a couple of brief flickers, which is a little worrisome. It will likely settle down. No BT problems with it, though.
    That is why I'm just going to stay with my Passport. seems that getting a perfect working, well built Passport is a game of Russian Roulette these days.
    08-13-15 04:32 PM
    That is why I'm just going to stay with my Passport. seems that getting a perfect working, well built Passport is a game of Russian Roulette these days.
    Are you comparing John Chen with Vladimir Putin? :-)
    08-13-15 04:44 PM
    Are you comparing John Chen with Vladimir Putin? :-)
    I guess I'm comparing the Passport to people in general..sometime they work, and sometimes they don't. sometime the bullet fires, and sometimes it misfires.
    08-13-15 04:51 PM