Talk to me about typing blind on the Passport.

How confident do you feel typing while not looking at the keyboard now that there is a row of virtual keys? This is the biggest factor behind me not having a BB Passport yet. I just love being able to walk and type with 100% precision, capitals, symbols, numbers and all.

Does the virtual keys ruin that ability to blind type as much as I think it does? Punctuation and numbers I feel are pretty important aspects when I type and having those on the screen scares me.
    11-10-14 12:59 PM
    If you have to use two hands.... not sure Blind Typing would be an issue.

I love predictive text... but it has stopped me from trying to do blind typing, but if it were important I could turn off the predictive text option. Just don't seen anyway you could overcome needed to hands to type, unless you have really big hands.
    11-10-14 01:11 PM
    Talk to me about typing blind on the Passport.

How confident do you feel typing while not looking at the keyboard now that there is a row of virtual keys? This is the biggest factor behind me not having a BB Passport yet. I just love being able to walk and type with 100% precision, capitals, symbols, numbers and all.

Does the virtual keys ruin that ability to blind type as much as I think it does? Punctuation and numbers I feel are pretty important aspects when I type and having those on the screen scares me.
    It's a not as bad as you imagine. The most common punctuation signs are pretty much at the same location right above the keyboard all the time (, ' : ! ? .). The virtual keys are aligned with the physical key columns so you really get used to their location. Now, for other symbols you simply swipe down on the keyboard and three extra virtual rows popup, each virtual key mapped to a physical key. The human brain is so amazing that you quickly get used to which physical keys correspond to the symbols you use the most and so you learn to do a swipe down + corresponding physical key. It's very similar to how you get used to the symbol placement with regular keyboards that have the alt key. Most people memorize the symbols they use the most and don't lift their finger to read the tiny symbol marking on the key they're about to press.

I love the Passport keyboard and I never thought I would switch back from virtual keyboard after the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 01:28 PM