04-03-15 03:03 PM
41 12
tools
    Has anyone else had this problem with blend? Link works fine, but when I try to launch blend on my macbook, the icon moves up and down for a few seconds and then just stops.

I've tried reinstalling the software and everything, multiple times, but that hasn't helped. I'm on OS X 10.9.5 (not the more recent 10.10).

The only other info I've found on this problem was here: https://supportforums.blackberry.com...0/td-p/2990014. So I wanted to reach out on Crackberry.
    10-17-14 12:22 PM
    I had Blend running on my iMac running that OS with no problems. Try deleting it from your applications folder in your HD icon. Then try to download again. Blend is working with Yosemite as I upgraded yesterday. Hope this helps.
    10-17-14 12:47 PM
    Thanks for the reply. It's good to know it's not an OS thing. It must be something on my air. But I am stuck. I've tried deleting and reinstalling lots of times.

Out of curiosity, what size is the Blend app file in your applications folder after you've installed it?
    10-18-14 04:10 PM
    File size is 15.3 MB
    10-18-14 07:48 PM
    Try running it together with link. Happened to me once.

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.1154
    10-18-14 08:03 PM
    Hey,

I am the one with the alias 'bernold' in the BlackBerry Supportforums.

Right now Ty from BlackBerry gave all of my logfiles to further inspection with the developers. As soon as there are any news regarding a solution, I'll post them in the BlackBerry Supportforums for anyone to see.

But what I think I might have to do is reinstall my Mac. I just did updates ever since 10.7 with every Alpha/Developer Preview Apple released. Maybe something went wrong.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:39 PM
    Did u open ur phone blend apps from d dropdown menu when u open it in ur lappy?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 12:09 AM
    Try highlighting Blend in application folder then right click and choose open.
    10-19-14 04:14 AM
    I am on Mac OS X Yosemite Beta 6 and I have the same issue, blend is launching for a second and crash after that...need a solution !

Postes with my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052
    10-19-14 06:49 AM
    Same problem here. I'm running Yosemite too. Looks like it has loaded, asks to restart the system to finish loading Blend ...but nothing happens. I've tried deleting BlackBerry Link too, just in case they conflict, but still no joy.

Savvas John Savva, Owner of Skill 7 Youth Football Coaching - www.skill7.org - Z10 UK EE
    10-21-14 08:57 PM
    I'm running Yosemite on my iMac and Blend 1.0.1.217. Seems to work fine. Other than my work IT policy has prevented me from seeing my work space. Working on fixing that with them.
    10-21-14 09:15 PM
    Uninstall BB Link first. Then try again. Make sure you completely uninstall (incl all settings) and reboot first.
    10-21-14 09:43 PM
    Two things I noticed

1. When installing blend it asks if you want to upgrade bblink. You should check yes.

2. First connect! Via wifi seems better than USB for no obvious reason

Updated to Yosemite and blend is working fine.

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.1154
    10-21-14 10:40 PM
    I had a hard time connecting the first time on my mac.

I uninstalled both link and blend, restarted my mac, then reinstalled both applications.

The first time, the USB cable connect didn't work for me. Weird.

But I had no trouble connecting to blend wireless.

It works like a charm now.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 11:04 PM
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. Unfortunately, I tried all of them and nothing seems to be working. I also can't sign in with BlackBerry ID on Link - the sign in screen remains blank. Really weird.
    10-25-14 01:50 PM
    Hi everybody,

sometimes around my night sleep BlackBerry released new versions of Blend for our beloved Passport and our Macs.

Full of joy I went to update everything in hopes it would fix our problems: Unfortunately it did not!

Well, I dug a little deeper into the logs and remembered somewhere errors regarding the PeerManager were logged.

What I then did fixed it with an uncomfortable workaround:

1. Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/BlackBerry
    2. Double-click the PeerManager (a console will open, keep it open!)
    3. Now double-click your Blend icon and it'll magically appear and work! :smileyhappy:

Blend Won't Launch (OS X)-blend_working.jpg

Please try that on your Macs and report back if it works :smileyhappy:

Happy testing!
    11-05-14 01:44 AM
    Needed to update. It's working after update today.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:45 AM
    No problem with Blend on Yosemite here. I got it working on the first try. Not sure why so many people are having problems setup up on mac.
    11-05-14 11:00 AM
    Hi everybody,

sometimes around my night sleep BlackBerry released new versions of Blend for our beloved Passport and our Macs.

Full of joy I went to update everything in hopes it would fix our problems: Unfortunately it did not!

Well, I dug a little deeper into the logs and remembered somewhere errors regarding the PeerManager were logged.

What I then did fixed it with an uncomfortable workaround:

1. Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/BlackBerry
    2. Double-click the PeerManager (a console will open, keep it open!)
    3. Now double-click your Blend icon and it'll magically appear and work! :smileyhappy:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blend_working.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	199.4 KB 
ID:	312215

Please try that on your Macs and report back if it works :smileyhappy:

Happy testing!
    You are a genius!! It worked! Thanks so much!
    11-05-14 11:40 AM
    Well, it is not the cleanest solution but until BlackBerry delivers a fix I think this will do

You are welcome
    11-05-14 12:33 PM
    Actually I have a follow-up question! Once you quit Blend, does it start back up properly? I quit Blend (without signing out or anything like that, just quit the app... maybe that was a bad idea), closed the terminal app, and later tried to reopen them, but the terminal text had some sort of "looping" - the text it was showing actually matches up with what's in your screenshot.

Anyways, Blend opened up, but it wouldn't connect to my Passport. I tried using a USB connection instead, but now Blend won't open again, even if the PeerManager is open unfortunately (the icon now bounces up and down and then the app crashes; its window never opens). Would simply restarting my computer fix that, do you think? I haven't tried that because I currently cannot restart my computer due to work (long story). But I was just wondering, what do you personally do to prevent those types of errors from happening?
    11-05-14 05:24 PM
    I had the same and just logged out and logged back in and it is working again.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 12:16 AM
    Thanks! Got it working again. It was weird though, I had to open Link, log out of my BBID, and then reopen the PeerManager. After that, Blend opened again, and did not crash. Now I just make sure to disconnect my Passport each time, before quitting the actual app. So far, so good. Thanks again for the fix!
    11-07-14 03:34 PM
    I had all sorts of issues on Yosemite. I had to uninstall and reinstall a number of times before finally getting it to work correctly. Wish I could help more. Try the uninstall route for sure.

Also, had to reboot after the install for the files to take.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 04:32 PM
    this is why i dident install yosmite

from my happy mac
    11-07-14 04:38 PM
41 12