View Poll Results: Does this need to be addresses by BlackBerry?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, absolutely. There is significant risk to users.

0 0%
  • Maybe, the risk is probably low to users.

3 60.00%
  • This is not a concern for blend users.

2 40.00%
    Does anyone else see the security risk created by blend if all SMS are forwarded to a computer? Someone who gains access to your system (if you are sleeping for example) either remotely, or physically, could easily bypass 2-factor authentication since they have access to the SMS messages.

sure, it's super convenient for my auth codes to popup on my computer, but it's too convenient in my opinion.

possible Solution? Blend NEEDS the option to toggle contacts to be excluded from Blend, or the ability to program certain phrases/triggers contained in the SMS to be excluded from Blend. Or, there could be an option just filter out any 6 digit numbers within the messages altogether. The effect would look like this on remote blend devices "Your authentication code is XXXXXX."

Note: I had this same concerns when I used to have google voice integration enabled on my old sprint account.
    11-10-14 02:05 PM
    This is assuming Blend is active 24/7, which it doesn't have to be, though.
    11-10-14 02:09 PM
    Well, they do have a persistent notification that shows up on your device whenever Blend is connected, which is meant to address exactly this (well, for any message in general).

Now,.. if the human operator decides to ignore the notification, leave blend turned on on their device when they aren't using it, leave their computer unlocked and in a public place,.. then sure: Blend and BlackBerry are a huge security risk, but not as big as the user's ineptitude.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 and divakar like this.
    11-10-14 02:10 PM
    Well, they do have a persistent notification that shows up on your device whenever Blend is connected, which is meant to address exactly this (well, for any message in general).

Now,.. if the human operator decides to ignore the notification, leave blend turned on on their device when they aren't using it, leave their computer unlocked and in a public place,.. then sure: Blend and BlackBerry are a huge security hole.

Posted via CB10
    Some people will choose to leave it on all the time, to allow them to access the device if they leave it at home when they go to work.
    11-10-14 02:11 PM
    Some people will choose to leave it on all the time, to allow them to access the device if they leave it at home when they go to work.
    I'm sure the work computer is or should be locked.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 02:13 PM
    Lock the computer. You will still have access.
    11-10-14 02:18 PM