Hi guys.. I was enjoying Blend until now.. the software with apparently no reasons decided not to run anymore.

I still have the icon on the desktop but when I double click on it nothing happen. I can see the process running through task manager (I am on windows 8.1) but the actual interface does not pop out.

I have tried to restart windows, reinstalled the BlackBerry suite (link, blend and drivers) through the installer but with no results..

Any ideas about what to do? Again apparently I have not changed anything in the computer.. nor installed new software.

Help is greatly appreciated....

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 04:48 PM
    I had that happened before but it was due to network issues (I used the wifi method). Have you tried the USB method and see if that would work? Does your Passport show the computer synced?
    10-17-14 04:57 PM
    Tried also on a different network and with the USB connected but with no luck.. I do NOT see the computer on the BLEND app on my Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 05:53 PM
    Do you see your phone at all when connected via USB to the computer?

One thing Blaze recommended which worked for me (discovering my phone on the PC) was to go to Settings > Storage and Access > USB Connection and changed from Autodetect to Connect to Windows.

Try to see if you can get it to work via USB. That would isolate the reason to Network (firewall, connection, etc.).
    10-17-14 07:25 PM
    On your Passport

Goto settings, device connections and check 'use mobile network'

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 07:35 PM
    On your Passport

Goto settings, device connections and check 'use mobile network'

Posted via CB10
    That was the first option I checked. It is selected and Blend does not work also when I am on the same network

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 08:12 PM
    Do you see your phone at all when connected via USB to the computer?

One thing Blaze recommended which worked for me (discovering my phone on the PC) was to go to Settings > Storage and Access > USB Connection and changed from Autodetect to Connect to Windows.

Try to see if you can get it to work via USB. That would isolate the reason to Network (firewall, connection, etc.).
    I see the passport connected to Link ONLY using the USB connection: as soon as I remove the cable on link I do have the status disconnected.

On the Passport under Blend I do not see the the computer listed.
    Under settings>Device Connections I see the computer listed.

I am using Panda Free Antivirus that has never interfered with Blend.. again apparently nothing changed..

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 08:18 PM
    I have exactly the same problem. I have also repeatedly installed and uninstalled Link and Blend, to no avail.

If I click on the Blackberry Blend icon, the software looks like it's about to start up, and nothing happens. I have tried setting the phone to 'Use Mobile Networks' and also 'Connect to Windows' in the Storage and Access area of Settings. Still no luck. I've also gone into networking settings on my desktop PC and determined that IPv6 is active.

I don't have any trouble accessing the phone using just the Link software alone. I would love to know what the solution is, because I'd really like to be able to use the Blend app.
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    10-18-14 03:41 PM
    I have exactly the same problem. I have also repeatedly installed and uninstalled Link and Blend, to no avail.

If I click on the Blackberry Blend icon, the software looks like it's about to start up, and nothing happens. I have tried setting the phone to 'Use Mobile Networks' and also 'Connect to Windows' in the Storage and Access area of Settings. Still no luck. I've also gone into networking settings on my desktop PC and determined that IPv6 is active.

I don't have any trouble accessing the phone using just the Link software alone. I would love to know what the solution is, because I'd really like to be able to use the Blend app.
    I now have the same problem, hope someone can help. Blend rocks!
    10-18-14 04:55 PM
    Same problem here, but on Mac OS X 10.9.5
    10-18-14 07:18 PM
    Has this happened to you suddenly after you have been using it or it never worked? For me it was running flawlessly before the problem

Posted via CB10
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    10-18-14 08:52 PM
    Has this happened to you suddenly after you have been using it or it never worked? For me it was running flawlessly before the problem

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it was working great and then I accidentally closed the blend app on my laptop, shut down my laptop, rebooted, then Blend stopped working period.

I've tried to delete Link, Blend, now several times and re-install them to no avail. I get the Blend icon but instead of starting the app like the demo video it asks me if I want to changes to my computer, I hit the icon like it's going to install Blend, the icon swirls for a few seconds then nothing. The Blend application process is running but Blend doesn't come up and I'm stuck.
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    10-18-14 09:58 PM
    Same issue for me too.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-18-14 10:01 PM
    Check a couple of things:

1) blackberry services are running, and set to start automatically (control panel > administrative tools > services)

2) check the blackberry device manager is running in your taskbar.

Posted via CB10
    DavideaNY likes this.
    10-19-14 02:21 AM
    Subscribed

From Zarafet my Z30.
    10-19-14 05:11 AM

1) blackberry services are running, and set to start automatically (control panel > administrative tools > services)

Posted via CB10
    Thanks I did #1, how do you do #2?
    10-19-14 08:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks that helped me. In the task bar and BlackBerry device manager --> options I have also selected start on system startup just to be sure.

Now I will be trying to reboot the PC to see it Blend still works..

Thanks for your help!!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 12:49 PM
    Thanks that helped me. In the task bar and BlackBerry device manager --> options I have also selected start on system startup just to be sure.

Now I will be trying to reboot the PC to see it Blend still works..

Thanks for your help!!

Posted via CB10
    Nevermind I did do #1 & #2 and still no cigar. Argh
    10-20-14 04:19 PM
    On another side I STILL having issues in accessing remote connection on the very same PC and the workaround for Blend did not solve this..

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:18 PM
    Same issue here. Link works perfectly with my Passport but Blend always shuts down when trying to associate with it. So strange..
    10-26-14 12:56 PM
    In the beta zone Blend 1.01 is being tested by users. Let's hope it solves this problem for us.
    10-26-14 01:09 PM
    I had the issue in the past.

I think it's a Blend issue on BB end.

It worked fine on my work PC and at home network.

Then 1 day it wouldn't connect on my work PC. Deleted and reloaded Link and Blend on my PC and rebooted my phone. Also checked off the option on Blend to 'open automatically when connected to usb'. No cigar.

Then went home on a totally different network wifi and my home PC and Macbook had the exact same problem and wouldnt load the Blend dashboard.

I concluded it's a BlackBerry software issue.

Later in the day everything started working again all by itself and I've been fine ever since.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 01:25 PM
    yea... blend doesnt even install on my computer. just comes up so many errors and then when its finished and i click the icon it pops up with an error and thats it.
    10-26-14 07:25 PM
    I installed blend on my laptop, works fine. Also installed on my desktop. It does not want to start blend. On top of that I'm no longer able to sign in to my bb id in link, which I could before I upgraded it and installed link. I've tried all solutions mentioned above and much more, but I found out it's a problem in the windows registry. I'm going to try to manually fix that and see if that solves the problem. It should probably be the same by everyone here
    allsportsfan likes this.
    10-27-14 11:27 AM
    Did you restart your computer? Sounds simple but Could be an issue the the service running in the background still. I have had no issues for 4 weeks.

Posted via the incredible Blackberry Passport
    10-27-14 11:34 AM
35 12