I'm on a Passport SE running .2836. My laptop is a Dell Latitude with Win7 Pro. When I first got the phone last fall, Blend worked flawlessly. Now, it continuously connects and disconnects, so that it's useless. I've un-installed and re-installed everything but there's no improvement. I've reached out to BlackBerry help on Twitter but they haven't offered a fix.

Any suggestions? I'd really like to get it working again. Thanks.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    06-08-16 11:12 PM
    Mine seems to work better when connected via USB. It can be a nuisance with my Win7 desktop if connected via wireless for the same reason.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 12:59 AM
    Thanks, I'll try that.
    I still love the notion that if I forgot my phone at home I can still get sms at work!

06-09-16 09:34 AM
    It's the drivers' issue...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    06-09-16 12:03 PM
    I'm on a Passport SE running .2836. My laptop is a Dell Latitude with Win7 Pro. When I first got the phone last fall, Blend worked flawlessly. Now, it continuously connects and disconnects, so that it's useless. I've un-installed and re-installed everything but there's no improvement. I've reached out to BlackBerry help on Twitter but they haven't offered a fix.

Sorry, no solution for you but just an observation that you have the exact same setup as mine except I have an original Passport. Running Dell Latitude (older though probably, E6420) with Win7Pro but my Blend runs perfectly. I never have any disconnects, but I am almost always on WiFi not data, so that may be a difference we have.
    06-09-16 01:04 PM
    This is an old thread but I found that if I plug in to USB and then unplug it at some how connects right away for some reason. I have also unplugged it from USB and then plug it back in again and it works with the USB connection.
    06-20-16 09:20 PM
    Thanks markmall...I did that but the problem persists. I'm going to try on a different laptop and see what I get.

06-28-16 08:54 AM
    I have to mess around with this program a lot to connect but it is worth it. Sometimes restarting the program, etc.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 10:27 AM
    Any update from anyone on this. I saw that Keliew mentioned something about it being a driver issue. Exactly what drove you to the conclusion it is the drivers? (See what I did there?) How do I remove and install drivers?
    06-28-16 01:02 PM
    Has everyone tried plugging unplugging USB? This works wonders for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 02:03 PM
    Sometimes what works for me is closing Blend on PC then disabling it on BlackBerry. After that again reenabling on BlackBerry and starting on PC. If that doesn't work then I try to hook it up with usb cable.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 03:08 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately none of them worked? Still constantly get the Limited connectivity error or disconnects. BLEND is now unusable to me.
    06-28-16 03:30 PM
    I attach my SE to a Dell Inspiron N5110 running Windows 7 Home.
    Only time I ever have Blend issues, USB wired or wireless, is after long periods (days) without a reboot and after many unpluggings/connecting. A reboot fixes it. Otherwise no issues whatsoever.

Could your issue be firewall related? Is Blend and or Link software also running or installed from the phone? Blend turned on on your phone? Link settings appropriately on? Just some thoughts .

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 06:32 PM
    I attach my SE to a Dell Inspiron N5110 running Windows 7 Home.
    Only time I ever have Blend issues, USB wired or wireless, is after long periods (days) without a reboot and after many unpluggings/connecting. A reboot fixes it. Otherwise no issues whatsoever.

Could your issue be firewall related? Is Blend and or Link software also running or installed from the phone? Blend turned on on your phone? Link settings appropriately on? Just some thoughts .

Posted via CB10
    The most confusing thing is that it used to work just fine...it may have been related to a BB10 OS update.
    06-29-16 01:32 AM
    Try remove both devices from Blend and have it connect like first time.

Remove the Computer name from Passport's Blend settings then start pairing as new.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 06:00 AM
    Removed all the devices from Blend on the PC and Passport and get the same results. The frustrating part is that it worked for years flawlessly for over a year and now it is useless. Making work way harder to deal with now. LOL
    06-29-16 09:26 AM
    Going to Sachesi the OS to see if something got corrupted in the OS. I will update this post when tested.
    06-29-16 09:52 AM
    Sachesi loaded the OS and still have issues. Will probably try factory next. This is going to suck. More to come.

It definitely looks like a Passport issue though.
    06-29-16 02:39 PM
    Ok, factory reset the Passport via Link. Sachesi the latest release to the Passport. restored from a back up. Phone is back to normal with Blend... at least so far.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-30-16 03:58 PM
    When you did the factory reset, did you have to re-install all your apps? Did you restore from a backup? Thanks.

07-04-16 10:40 AM
    I did a backup of the phone before doing the factory wipe. The only issue I had after restoring was the Android apps all needed to be updated. I am not sure if it was a coincidence or because of the procedure to factory reset the phone. Blend is working like a charm again for me.

Hope all goes well for you.
    brianwiebe likes this.
    07-06-16 03:19 PM
    Alright, looks like I have a little work to do this weekend...I really appreciate your tips.

07-06-16 04:00 PM
    Blend ran fine, now just will not work. Have uninstalled and reinstalled everything on both laptop (Windows 7) and Classic. Nothing works?? Only weird thing is happened just after I installed Google Play Store on the phone?? Any ideas?
    07-08-16 05:13 AM

I had terrible problems with Blend/Link too when I first bought my Passport. I could open it, use it, then the next time the software wouldn't open and sycronisation never happened either.

Someone on here suggested that I uninstall the Passport Blend/Link software, re-boot the computer, then re-install the software again from Blackberry website to ensure it was the latest drivers, but making sure that the USB was already in the computer at the time of doing that. Then I should close down the computer again and then re-boot the computer, then the drivers and your phone with syncronise perfectly well with no more opening issues. A lot of faff but it worked for me. Perhaps you should give this a go too?
    07-08-16 01:24 PM
    I plugged my Passport into a different laptop for the first time the other day. It installed drivers and downloaded Link, Blend etc. However, when I plug into the computer and load Blend it recognizes my device but says I need to update Blend to the latest software. I wonder what's the hangup? I rebooted the computer and then a message came up saying BlackBerry software was blocked so I clicked accept. Still the same.

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    07-09-16 01:53 PM
30 12