So...

I previously used a Z10 right up until last week. I'd looked at the passport online, but wanted to see one....and discover if I can type on it as fast and accurately as I have on the Z10 because my entire world circles around my Blackberry.

Half an hour of trial in a shop writing messages and I was convinced - and having more screen space rocked too - especially for the very thing BB suggest - spreadsheets etc... Anyhow, the other reason I was interested was Blend, I really really miss having a Nokia PC Suite tool.

And now I am really really happy. The Passport is excellent - I'm finding it takes me less time to deal with my never ending stream of messages and e-mail etc with that thing - and I wasn't exactly struggling on the Z10. But the real win is Blend.............

Blackberry got this right... It doesn't make me connect to Wi-Fi which would frequently be a no-go for me. It doesn't make me connect it via USB. It just works, so far I've found it reliable, and it works on all my computers. I've sent more e-mail via Blend this week than my normal e-mail client - it's almost easier and more convenient to me (and I've sent hundreds). I've actually managed to keep up with friends and text messaging, BBM etc, whereas normally I'm miles behind on that.

The only thing that's not yet settled or possibly going to be what I hoped is the battery life - it is awesome over the weekend, and does last well over the 30 hours BB suggest, and it's not actually bad during my week either - but then neither was my Z10. I'm certainly using the passport far far more than the Z10 just because of Blend. So in reality, I find it lasts from 7am or so to about 11pm - which is nothing to complain about - it's a perfectly good runtime for a smartphone with current technology and heavy use, but I did hope it might just push to nearer 2-3 in the morning - not because I'd want it then, but in case I have an exceptionally heavy day and can't get to a charger for whatever reason).

I thought I'd share my positive experience since most people come to moan a bit. Previously you wouldn't get my Z10 off me for love nor money - but the Passport has managed to exceed my expectations. It's absolutely targeted at people like me, and it meets that need/want/requirement.
    11-20-14 04:18 PM
    Cool. I sound like a similar user to you, and looking forward now to moving up from my Z to the PP

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 04:25 PM
    Gonna load that blend up and try it.
    Looking forward to the experience.

Cool. I sound like a similar user to you, and looking forward now to moving up from my Z to the PP

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 04:35 PM
    Was expecting PP today but was delayed, hopefully I get it tomorrow and fire it up?. Did you say the Blend doesn't connect using Wifi or USB? Does it mean I will be able to reply and messages on Blend without internet or USB connection? Enlighten me

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 05:16 PM
    I agree with you. Blend is super easy to use. I do not agree about the battery : no comparison with Z10.

Now, I would like a better Docs to go!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 05:26 PM
    I hope Microsoft bring Office to blackberry......then blackberry will be on top

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 05:31 PM
    Blend is awesome! PP is amazing! Both combined.........mind blowing!
    11-20-14 05:35 PM
    I've always loved the concept but never saw myself using it.

Completely eliminates the use of the most dreadful program built by programmers, also known as, Blackberry Link.
    I use it all the time. It's absolutely perfect and seamless and a neat feature that I love is that as long as you're connected via wifi and your computer is on, and need something transferred over, you can call someone to move a document via Blend, and your phone will download it. You can be miles away and it'll work.

I havent had any trouble as of yet. I'm always connected.
    The only downside is that I get a little less practice of adjusting to the Passport keyboard because of it but oh well
    11-20-14 06:31 PM
    Will my Corporate security folks freak if I try to use blend from my non approved personal BlackBerry Passport to my Corporate laptop? Would it work across the firewall?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 10:35 PM
    I've always loved the concept but never saw myself using it.

Completely eliminates the use of the most dreadful program built by programmers, also known as, Blackberry Link.
    I use it all the time. It's absolutely perfect and seamless and a neat feature that I love is that as long as you're connected via wifi and your computer is on, and need something transferred over, you can call someone to move a document via Blend, and your phone will download it. You can be miles away and it'll work.

I havent had any trouble as of yet. I'm always connected.
    The only downside is that I get a little less practice of adjusting to the Passport keyboard because of it but oh well
    Could you explain to me how you are using Blend remotely to move files for or from other people? I've got the PP and use Blend to send emails and SMS via the BlackBerry when I'm at my computer, and can of course use Blend to move my files around in the BlackBerry and to and from my computer, but is there something else you can do with it? Can other people put Blend on their computer and connect with your BlackBerry or Blend without your giving them your own BlackBerry ID?
    11-20-14 10:51 PM
    MS runs in 10.3.1. I ran it in the leak and it works well!
    11-21-14 05:59 AM
    I enjoy using Blackberry Blend with my iMac OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite. It works great over Wi-Fi, but when I have my Passport plugged into the BB Passport Cradle and connected to the computer via USB, Blackberry Blend cannot communicate with my Passport. Blend doesn't seem to be able to find my Passport. I'm wondering if there is a setting in the Passport that needs to be adjusted when it's in the cradle? Has anyone figured this one out? Thanks!
    01-30-15 07:48 AM