Hi, I've looked everywhere but can't seem to find anything similar to the issue I am having with Blend, everything works amazingly well except for the file transfer. When I click on the icon for the computer I want to connect to, I get a spinning circle as if its looking for the information. Nothing however shows up. Unlike when you click on the device, several folders appear (music, pictures, video) etc....

Any ideas as to why and a possible solution?

thanks in advance
    10-03-14 03:01 PM
    Hi, I've looked everywhere but can't seem to find anything similar to the issue I am having with Blend, everything works amazingly well except for the file transfer. When I click on the icon for the computer I want to connect to, I get a spinning circle as if its looking for the information. Nothing however shows up. Unlike when you click on the device, several folders appear (music, pictures, video) etc....

Any ideas as to why and a possible solution?

thanks in advance
    I don't think that there are any experts since this is so new. These might be your best sources.

blackberry-blend - Canada

BlackBerry Knowledge Base
    10-03-14 03:58 PM
    Speak for yourself... I am the expert since this happened to me and I fixed it. change your network type to whichever one it isn't in Network Connections. If that doesn't work re install Blend and when the network permissions pop up make sure you pick the one you are using. I had trouble with public though.... oh and I found this out after factory reset on my phone and formatting my windows OS. Please don't go the same route as me.... lol

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 04:05 PM
    Blend is actually quite buggy, at least on OSX.
    takes forever - and most of the time fails - to reconnect when the phone lost the WiFi connection, eg I exit the work building for lunch and come back. best way is to reset blend...

Also , and most problematic, i had some sort of sync problem. All my media - photos, screenshots and videos - multiplied themselves for no reason sucking up the 32 gigs of my phone... had to reset it
    10-04-14 05:10 AM
    Blend is actually quite buggy, at least on OSX.
    takes forever - and most of the time fails - to reconnect when the phone lost the WiFi connection, eg I exit the work building for lunch and come back. best way is to reset blend...

Also , and most problematic, i had some sort of sync problem. All my media - photos, screenshots and videos - multiplied themselves for no reason sucking up the 32 gigs of my phone... had to reset it
    There is a box you can click to always keep you connected when you log in.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 08:11 AM
    Keeping connected on the mac isn't an issue at all, I don't think I have ever dropped the connection. Now as an update, I rebooted my Surface Pro and all the files expected appear as they should using the file manager, the mac, still nothing in the way of visible files.
    10-04-14 11:47 AM
    Can't advise a lot as I don't have my passport yet. Have you tried checking device connections in settings?

Blend issue/question for the experts-ca20141004170550.png
    Blend issue/question for the experts-ca20141004170702.png

Posted via CB10
    dikkr likes this.
    10-04-14 12:08 PM
    Yes I did but thanks for the reply. I just figured it out.

The firewall on my macbook pro was turned on, it was stopping all connections to laptop. All fixed now.

thanks everyone for the input.
    10-05-14 02:21 PM
    That is very good news Is40098. Now YOU are the expert who will be helping people who encounter this problem. :-)
    10-05-14 02:25 PM
    That is very good news Is40098. Now YOU are the expert who will be helping people who encounter this problem. :-)
    He can't have my title! Lol

Posted via CB10
    jhimmel and momofteme like this.
    10-05-14 02:32 PM
    Yes I did but thanks for the reply. I just figured it out.

The firewall on my macbook pro was turned on, it was stopping all connections to laptop. All fixed now.

thanks everyone for the input.
    Awesome

Check post #6 on this thread. Believe these ports should still apply to Blend.
    10-05-14 02:35 PM
    No what I meant is :

Blend and the phone are connected over the same networks.
    When the phone is out of range, Blend is disconnected. Now when the phone is back in range, there it takes forever to reconnect automatically
    10-05-14 06:46 PM