Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    On this passport I have a blank screen that won't allow me to put apps on it. I can move other apps easily back & forth.
    Ideas?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-19 05:04 PM
    On this passport I have a blank screen that won't allow me to put apps on it. I can move other apps easily back & forth.
    Ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Settings, display, toggle "show wallpaper when all apps are closed".
    06-28-19 05:50 PM
    Conite, that's not the issue. The dozen apps I use the most are stuck on the 2nd page. So whenever I want to open an app I have the extra step of swiping the screen to see the same apps that ARE on top of the home screen wallpaper.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-19 09:13 AM
    Conite, that's not the issue. The dozen apps I use the most are stuck on the 2nd page. So whenever I want to open an app I have the extra step of swiping the screen to see the same apps that ARE on top of the home screen wallpaper.

Posted via CB10
    You should be able to just hold the icons down and drag them over to the home screen. If you cannot, something may be damaged with your screen/digitizer. The only other possibility is a glitched OS install, which you could try re-loading. First time I have ever heard of this problem!
    06-29-19 09:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Was the device wiped? What happens if you long press on the 'blank' screen, do any trash cans appear?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-19 10:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Did you try what I suggested?
    06-29-19 10:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hey scuba,

Does the blank page appear whenever you have apps open and running or no?
    07-01-19 08:53 PM
    I have tried doing a long press but no hidden icons that I can see. I can move app icons easily on the other pages. I did a security wipe to make sure that I get a fresh start since the device is used. It doesn't matter whether or not any apps are open. Every time I wake up the Passport it just shows an empty home screen. Should I try doing another security wipe?? AFAIK the digitizer works fine, I can open texts with video just fine without any messed up areas.

Posted on the Passport I'm slowly getting used to!
    Last edited by scubafan; 07-03-19 at 04:17 PM.
    07-03-19 11:16 AM
    I have tried doing a long press but no hidden icons that I can see. I can move app icons easily on the other pages. I did a security wipe to make sure that I get a fresh start since the device is used.

Posted via CB10
    Did you try what I suggested?
    ^^^
    07-03-19 11:55 AM
    You should be able to just hold the icons down and drag them over to the home screen. If you cannot, something may be damaged with your screen/digitizer. The only other possibility is a glitched OS install, which you could try re-loading. First time I have ever heard of this problem!
    I haven't needed to do this on my Q10 before. How do I start the process?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-19 04:19 PM
    I haven't needed to do this on my Q10 before. How do I start the process?

Posted via CB10
    Using a PC, download the Passport autoloader from here: https://mega.nz/#F!ERomDKaT!YYXwe5p2bUlm_4VW5VfTtw . You only need the large (1.46Gb) file. Download it to your PC's desktop, unzip the file, plug your Passport into PC and then click on the unzipped autoloader. The process is very easy and only takes about 15 minutes. Everything will be wiped clean and you can set up as if new with your BBID and password. Note that after installation your device will reboot and it may take a while - be patient. Good Luck. If this doesn't fix things, I would say your device is broken.
    Last edited by brookie229; 07-03-19 at 09:27 PM.
    07-03-19 04:35 PM
    Using a PC, download the Q10 autoloader from here: https://mega.nz/#F!ERomDKaT!YYXwe5p2bUlm_4VW5VfTtw . You only need the large (1.46Gb) file. Download it to your PC's desktop, unzip the file, plug your Q10 into PC and then click on the unzipped autoloader. The process is very easy and only takes about 15 minutes. Everything will be wiped clean and you can set up as if new with your BBID and password. Note that after installation your device will reboot and it may take a while - be patient. Good Luck. If this doesn't fix things, I would say your device is broken.
    Um, I think the trouble is with their new Passport. If that's the case scuba, just grab the autoloader labeled for the Passport instead of the Q10 one.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-03-19 09:09 PM
    Um, I think the trouble is with their new Passport. If that's the case scuba, just grab the autoloader labeled for the Passport instead of the Q10 one.

Posted via CB10
    Braincramp - I looked at post #10 and misunderstood - thanks for correcting. Hope Scuba caught that, lol.
    07-03-19 09:18 PM
    Braincramp - I looked at post # 10 and misunderstood - thanks for correcting. Hope Scuba caught that, lol.
    I do that all the time.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-19 09:26 PM
    Settings, display, toggle "show wallpaper when all apps are closed".
    This ^

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    07-04-19 08:23 AM
    I have tried doing a long press but no hidden icons that I can see. I can move app icons easily on the other pages. I did a security wipe to make sure that I get a fresh start since the device is used. It doesn't matter whether or not any apps are open. Every time I wake up the Passport it just shows an empty home screen. Should I try doing another security wipe?? AFAIK the digitizer works fine, I can open texts with video just fine without any messed up areas.

Posted on the Passport I'm slowly getting used to!
    Hey scuba,

Feel free to try the autoloader (after a full backup of course since your data will be wiped) method mentioned by others, but just to confirm: you can have apps actively running and when you unlock the Passport it shows a blank screen? The Active Frames for the running apps don't appear?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-19 09:04 PM
    Screenshot(s) would be helpful if they could be offered...

Posted via CB10
    07-05-19 09:07 PM