I came along this interesting review from last years Super Bowl commercial. Also the comments are interesting (worthy read):

Blackberry Z10 Super Bowl Ad Draws Mixed Reactions | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

After more than a year of distance, it clearly shows that this is Blackberrys last bullet. Think about it for a second.

We all agree that BB10 is a great and very simple and stable OS. Along with the devices. Right? We do have simple access to our messages via the hub from everywhere, great battery life, and many other great features. Reading also the amazon reviews of Z30, Q10, Z10 and the Q5 shows clearly that BlackBerry has done their homework.

With the Super Bowl commercial which BlackBerry paid a huge chunk of its budget, we can agree that they missed bringing the message to the people. And that's perfectly reviewed at the above mentioned link.

Now with the Passport coming out, we do have a great chance to show the tech world that this is something unique and never seen before! It is like a "troll device". But a good troll. Its design is "strange" at the first moment. It gets attention because of its rectangle size and corners. It does have a keyboard, etc. But it is a great device. Something new. With a sensitive keyboard!

And this is where Blackberry should penetrate the masses with great commercials. Yes, I know it hurts! But Blackberry must take again a big pile of money and make a great commercial! Showing that they are still there with an awesome device. You know that people nowadays are like zombies. So play with them. Seduce them! Let them play with that device. Then they will make an "aha" effect. Sharing their experience via social media, mouth to mouth, etc. Blackberry should make good social media campaigns, TV ads (!!!) and print ads! You will see, in the long term it will pay out! Because the Passport and Classic, Z30, etc are great devices and an alternative to boring iOS and Android.

You know as well that Blackberry can't make a third effort next year to bring another device. This is the last bullet. Seduce the costumer. Take calculated risks. The Passport and Classic shall be communicated well to the world. So well, that they even skip their eco system with their apps and content. Hard? Yes. Impossible? No. Because we want something new. Consumers can gets seduced, if they see an advantage in Blackberry.

I do have hope that Blackberry woke up and see that marketing is important.

I have hope that the Passport will make an IMPACT. The 3rd and 4th quarter are very important! I will buy the Passport or Classic.

Let's cross fingers ladies and gentlemen.
    07-08-14 02:20 AM
    How do you know that the passport is a great device? Have you tried it?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-08-14 02:25 AM
    How do you know that the passport is a great device? Have you tried it?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    Let's say this. People will hate it and people will fall in love to that device.

It is a troll device. but it works! And that what counts. There are so many posts, reviews and pics about the device. You need that "divide and conquer" attitude. And the passport is perfect for that.
    07-08-14 02:30 AM
    I don't think they will make a fanfare. I think the idea is to hand a few out, with big price tags, to the target audience
    07-08-14 02:32 AM
    Big money on AN ad? No!

Good, solid, targeted, and FREQUENT advertising (print, online, outdoor, TV, BBM - HellllOOOooo! You have 100% of the BBIDs!) and marketing (some carrier push, blogs, press, product placement, media invasion, events, tech world, enterprise, etc)? YES!

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    07-08-14 03:29 AM
    No love for this thread?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 08:15 PM
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 08:51 PM
    One Ad doesn't change a companies position anymore. Today hundreds of millions of dollars are spent on advertising for your money in the smartphone world.

To be straight to the point... the Passport will be a troll device as you said but it still will not sell millions of phones and it is not meant to. In my opinion it is meant for the niche group of users they are holding onto and possibly bringing some back who had just left.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 02:10 AM
    BlackBerry have to become desirable again. They can spend millions on Ads and still fail.
    Not necessarily what I want them to do but what would probably be best option in BlackBerry situation:

Launch a decent high end phone with unique features.
    Price around equivalent devices but a little cheaper. Build only the minimum number of devices so not everyone who wants one can get one.
    Assess demand, consider user feedback, ramp up specs even further with a second mk2 device launching 3 to 4 months later. Market the mk2 device for $100 more than the first, Know your market advertise to them,
    07-16-14 11:51 AM
    Who watches commercials on TV these days? I switch channels or move around to finish work or chores..

Below the line is the way to go. Reach out to the customers through targeted events, promotions where people can touch and feel the device.

Move out from mobile stores and capture people in shopping complexes, supermarkets, movie halls and let them feel the device themselves.

This is, provided the Passport is launched for retail consumers.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    07-17-14 03:47 PM
    Did you read the interview with the senior VP of marketing?

They're not interested in the consumer market at this point in time, and their marketing efforts have been and will continue to reflect this.

Posted via CB10 Right on Cue
    07-18-14 08:46 AM
    Did you read the interview with the senior VP of marketing?

They're not interested in the consumer market at this point in time, and their marketing efforts have been and will continue to reflect this.

Posted via CB10 Right on Cue
    Then BlackBerry is dead. Consumers are everything. Corporations are influenced by what is popular. They want to use good phones too.

BlackBerry is dead. I doubt they will be producing any phone at all in 2016 or beyond.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    07-18-14 08:56 AM