It wouldn't make a difference since the screen ratio is 1:1. Landscape and portrait should be identical.
    It being a square and all that ;-)
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    05-15-14 03:39 AM
    so since we know that evetually the Q30 will be released before the classic (due in November),
    It's a bit strange that no images of the actual device were leaked anywhere, no?

I'm sure they wont be producing 20million Q30 devices, but advanced prototypes should be available somewhere!

We even got Apple's iPhone 6 prototypes all over the net (due in september).

All we have atm is the picture of the actual screen + that old ugly prototype picture, right?

Have i missed anything?
    05-15-14 03:57 AM
    Are these real or concept?
    05-15-14 04:21 AM
    It's all real. These are screenshots taken from the device simulator that also received an update yesterday when the 10.3 SDK Beta dropped by BlackBerry officially.
    KDB84 likes this.
    05-15-14 04:32 AM
    It's all real. These are screenshots taken from the device simulator that also received an update yesterday when the 10.3 SDK Beta dropped by BlackBerry officially.
    Hey Bilaal,

I subscribed to your Channel yesterday, an interesting post your Mayo experiment
    Bilaal likes this.
    05-15-14 04:33 AM
    so since we know that evetually the Q30 will be released before the classic (due in November),
    It's a bit strange that no images of the actual device were leaked anywhere, no?

I'm sure they wont be producing 20million Q30 devices, but advanced prototypes should be available somewhere!

All we have atm is the picture of the actual screen + that old ugly prototype picture, right?

Have i missed anything?
    There isn't really any visual leak of the device at the minute and personally I kinda like that. It could be a nice surprise and if it's not nice, a surprise nonetheless lol. I'm just a bit concerned about the size (apparently wider than the note 3) I'm not a fan of big phones

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 04:38 AM
    oh it's gonna be big!!

but I'll get used to it Buying it first day out
    05-15-14 04:49 AM
    I'm thinking that the touch sensitive keyboard will come into play with gaming in landscape orientation

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's easier to play games with a trackpad on the side or to browse content with a scroll bar which is off-screen
    05-15-14 05:06 AM

Have i missed anything?
    Some people are playing with the real thing already, but we just need for more carriers to have it before we see leaked pics.
    tomsobon likes this.
    05-15-14 05:09 AM
    If they can get the app support I'm beginning to think this square monster might make some headway in the medical industry and for people who work out in the field. I'm grasping the concept now and I think it could work in that niche market. If they can get a couple big clients on board at or shortly after launch that would help.

Z10
    This, this, this. I remember seeing the first mock-ups of Q30 and thought it looked like a disaster, but if this thing delivers it could be a real beast. With the efficient BB10 OS, a big battery, nice high res screen plus a hardware keyboard in a slim package this could really turn some heads for people looking for something different.

There would truly be nothing like it on the market.
    05-15-14 06:53 AM
    this icons are so bad, they make me sad.. lets hope we can costumize them
    05-15-14 06:55 AM
    There isn't really any visual leak of the device at the minute and personally I kinda like that. It could be a nice surprise and if it's not nice, a surprise nonetheless lol. I'm just a bit concerned about the size (apparently wider than the note 3) I'm not a fan of big phones

Posted via CB10
    I've heard that this may be the phone they are targeting for use in healthcare circles, and if so apparently the large square screen has benefits for viewing documents or images, or so I've heard (grain of salt, etc) . . . .
    Last edited by revtech; 05-15-14 at 10:47 AM.
    KDB84 and HUNTZODIAC like this.
    05-15-14 07:55 AM
    The hardware going to be ugly after seeing the cases on n4bb
    05-15-14 10:57 AM
    Has anyone heard anything about possible release dates?
    05-15-14 11:40 AM
    Hey Bilaal,

I subscribed to your Channel yesterday, an interesting post your Mayo experiment
    Haha, thank you! I didn't actually think people would read my posts
    tomsobon likes this.
    05-15-14 11:50 AM
    The shape of the device kinda has a retro vibe to it, in that it reminds me of older BlackBerry devices. I remember how wide my first BB was compared to my flip phone.
    05-15-14 02:02 PM
    My Q10 displays month and date for Calendar (e.g., May 15) - the screen shot above shows day of week and date (Wednesday 14). Interesting...
    Dmessenger likes this.
    05-15-14 06:35 PM
    My Q10 displays month and date for Calendar (e.g., May 15) - the screen shot above shows day of week and date (Wednesday 14). Interesting...
    Interesting how?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 06:40 PM
    Interesting how?

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I'd prefer day of week over month. But that's just me. If BB paid that much attention to such a small detail, I wonder what they've changed on a larger scale - like a dark Hub, perhaps. And then there's Quicktape - a line-of-sight measuring tool using the camera? Who knows.
    05-15-14 06:48 PM
    Actually, I'd prefer day of week over month. But that's just me. If BB paid that much attention to such a small detail, I wonder what they've changed on a larger scale - like a dark Hub, perhaps. And then there's Quicktape - a line-of-sight measuring tool using the camera? Who knows.
    QuickTape : http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/51990887

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 07:09 PM
    so fresh
    05-15-14 07:37 PM
    It's looking good, I can't wait

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 07:27 AM
    QuickTape : QuickTape - BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    haha what, is that the third time you've posted that link? :P

Don't people actually read these threads? Oh wait, don't answer that...I already know the answer.

Thanks though, I will be playing with the simulator when I get home from work tonight. KEEN!
    DYLANHABKIRK and eldricho like this.
    05-16-14 07:57 AM
    It would be interesting if they enabled the functionality to use the square screen as a rectangle screen with black bars (like others have hinted in this topic). If only Puzzle and Dragons worked on the Android runtime...I would be able to officially go Blackberry and ditch my Nexus 5, lol.
    When you talk of "black bars", you're referring to a practice known as "letterboxing". After having a Q10, I know how frustrating it was to not be able to use some apps because they simply weren't designed with a 1:1 aspect ratio in mind.

My biggest hope for Windemere is that with a 1440x1440 screen, there will be more than enough resolution and real estate to letterbox Android apps into a 16:9 window.
    05-16-14 04:47 PM
    I've heard that this may be the phone they are targeting for use in healthcare circles, and if so apparently the large square screen has benefits for viewing documents or images, or so I've heard (grain of salt, etc) . . . .
    It would be very expensive for BB to develop a device that's only intended for one narrow market...
    05-16-14 04:48 PM
195 12345 ...