You are seeing correctly, the "Q30" is able to rotate screen orientation depending on device orientation.

Posted via CB10
    This is great news. Maybe indicating that it can play games on "landscape" by using black bars on top and below instead of cutting off the right and left part of the screen for games meant for a 16:9 screen?
    05-14-14 07:16 PM
    This is great news. Maybe indicating that it can play games on "landscape" by using black bars on top and below instead of cutting off the right and left part of the screen for games meant for a 16:9 screen?
    It wouldn't make a difference since the screen ratio is 1:1. Landscape and portrait should be identical.
    05-14-14 07:21 PM
    It wouldn't make a difference since the screen ratio is 1:1. Landscape and portrait should be identical.
    I'm thinking that the touch sensitive keyboard will come into play with gaming in landscape orientation

Posted via CB10
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    05-14-14 07:22 PM
    I'm thinking that the touch sensitive keyboard will come into play with gaming in landscape orientation
    I was referring more to how media wouldn't be displayed differently in relation to the black bars reference.

But that's a good point about gaming. If the touch sensitive keyboard comes into play, then it makes more sense.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-14-14 07:26 PM
    Not with the black bars. It would be a rectangular display within a square one.
    05-14-14 07:41 PM
    Are these real or concept? If real, can u provide the BBM bar file with the new icon?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 08:09 PM
    I am so excited for this I have been waiting for this for so long lol

Posted via CB10 via My Q10
    05-14-14 08:18 PM
    Do anyone know if Q30 will have a keyboard with embedded display in the keys. Will the keys be printed like normal keyboard or the characters will be displayed in the keys like (tiny screens in the keys). Imagine if it has a display embedded in the keys, The keyboard could display different languages, it could show different controls while watching/listening media, it could even have gaming controls to it. The possibilities could be endless, it could be very innovative. I am not sure if it is even possible to create a keyboard like that.
    Last edited by arvind1983; 05-14-14 at 09:50 PM. Reason: typos
    05-14-14 08:36 PM
    Does anyone know if Q30 will have a keyboard with embedded display in the keys. Will the keys be printed like normal keyboard or the characters will be displayed in the keys like (tiny screens in the keys). Imagine if it has a display embedded in the keys, The keyboard could display different languages, it could show different controls while watching/listening media, it could even have gaming controls to it. The possibilities could be endless, it could be very innovative. I am not sure if it is even possible to create a keyboard like it.
    Razor the gaming company has made a prototype gaming device a couple years ago that had keys just like you said but that was a much larger device. Now BlackBerry I think could very well do this but I don't think they could in this short amount of time and the software need to do that would be massive. I would love this on a keyboard but I don't know if they would have the resources to pull off such a task

Posted via CB10 via My Q10
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    05-14-14 08:40 PM
    If this is real, then I think it suggests the windermere will be able to handle up to 12 active frames, because it can hold 6 on the first page of the home screen. With the increased specs, that is probably the case.
    05-14-14 08:55 PM
    If they can get the app support I'm beginning to think this square monster might make some headway in the medical industry and for people who work out in the field. I'm grasping the concept now and I think it could work in that niche market. If they can get a couple big clients on board at or shortly after launch that would help.

Z10
    05-14-14 08:58 PM
    Nice find! Did you compress the images to 1280 x 1280 though?
    They're 1440x1440 screenshots
    05-14-14 09:30 PM
    Not with the black bars. It would be a rectangular display within a square one.
    So you're saying the black bars would switch from left/right to top/bottom? That can be done regardless of physically flipping the device. The screen orientation is the same no matter what since it's square.

They're 1440x1440 screenshots
    Oh weird. When I saved them, I must not have saved the full size because it shows 1280 x 1280 for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 09:35 PM
    Guys...the Rotation Lock is there for the very obvious reason of wanting to quickly look at a picture from another angle...like on a website - it is faster to just enable Rotation Lock and turn the phone than to save the file, edit it and rotate it which you would have to do if there were no rotation lock.

There are other uses for it, I'm sure, but it just makes no sense to omit it from the OS; regardless of the screen ratio.
    05-14-14 09:40 PM
    Guys...the Rotation Lock is there for the very obvious reason of wanting to quickly look at a picture from another angle...like on a website - it is faster to just enable Rotation Lock and turn the phone than to save the file, edit it and rotate it which you would have to do if there were no rotation lock.

There are other uses for it, I'm sure, but it just makes no sense to omit it from the OS; regardless of the screen ratio.
    But it is not there in the Q10... I wonder why they decided to implement it on the windermere
    05-14-14 09:51 PM
    So from what I see currently it looks like the default active frame will be the app icon over a transparent kind of background.
    05-14-14 10:59 PM
    So from what I see currently it looks like the default active frame will be the app icon over a transparent kind of background.
    Actually, this appearance occurs after a device restart, when applications were left open. You can click on these translucent frames to resume the application, but otherwise the Active frames are the exact same as 10.2 when they are running.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 11:07 PM
    Nice, but won't be so pretty running apps. 16:9 ratio was the way to go.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    05-14-14 11:18 PM
    Can't wait for this MONSTER business phone.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-14-14 11:33 PM
    But it is not there in the Q10... I wonder why they decided to implement it on the windermere
    Probably a 10.3 feature you'll be getting with a 10.3.1 update for the Q10

Posted via CB10 on my lovely z30 B)
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-14-14 11:45 PM
    05-15-14 12:56 AM
    It would be interesting if they enabled the functionality to use the square screen as a rectangle screen with black bars (like others have hinted in this topic). If only Puzzle and Dragons worked on the Android runtime...I would be able to officially go Blackberry and ditch my Nexus 5, lol.
    05-15-14 01:12 AM
    Thanks again OP for this awesome pics.
    You seems to have a lot of knowledge about the product.

By any chance, do you know when it will be released ? Or any time frame ? (you never know, we might actually get an answer )

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 01:57 AM
    Thanks again OP for this awesome pics.
    You seems to have a lot of knowledge about the product.

By any chance, do you know when it will be released ? Or any time frame ? (you never know, we might actually get an answer )

Posted via CB10
    Yes.Even a tentative time line so that can start save as I am sure it won't be less than 650 USD

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    05-15-14 02:35 AM
    Aaaaah! Another square screen......I was really looking forward to something less square for my qwerty! This looks like it will be a fat Q10.....oh well can't live without a qwerty so make it hexagonal if you like BBRY, just gimme a keyboard!
    05-15-14 03:26 AM
195 1234 ...