As per this CBC news piece (BlackBerry will pay iPhone users up to $600 to switch phones - Kitchener-Waterloo - CBC News)

"Canadian iPhone users with iPhone 4s or later makes are eligible for up to $400 in trade-in value, depending on the model of the iPhone, plus a $200 top-up from BlackBerry.

U.S. users are eligible for up to the same amount, plus a $150 US top-up. Users with the newest iPhone models, the 6 or 6 Plus, are eligible for the highest trade-in value, up to $400."
    sharma6 likes this.
    11-25-14 08:36 AM
    I really don't understand this,Oh well,they must be onto something,fuzzy math unless you get $50 for most models.
    11-25-14 08:45 AM
    I really don't understand this,Oh well,they must be onto something,fuzzy math unless you get $50 for most models.
    Nothing about BlackBerry pricing is making sense lol. Oh well. They kept on saying high margin low volume, but the recent price cuts on the Passport, launch of two new colors, and this trade in program are looking more like low margin high volume to grow marketshare.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 09:41 AM
    This is actually an amazing deal when you think about it, because the Passport is an excellent phone, and many people will be able to see firsthand how it outdoes the iPhones in so many ways once they buy one. John Chen is being crazy like a fox here and this will build up market share in a real hurry.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-25-14 09:52 AM
    I doubt that many Apple users will switch, despite this offer. They have such a rich ecosystem and are also generally very much tied into it. BlackBerry doesn't offer anything when it comes to ecosystem, and the integration is virtually nonexistent. I think that this is primarily aimed at business users who reluctantly switched to the iPhone because they needed a more modern device. They are likely to switch back through a program like this. Also, what if a US corporation comes with their 1000 iPhone devices? Is BlackBerry going to give them the whole fleet for free then? They must have some crazy margins on the Passport to date to be able to afford this.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 10:18 AM