And all of those bugs were closed by software updates that came within a week.

Face id projects dots sensor to mapping the face's contour. By using a mirror, the dots simply reflected by the mirror to the real face (that has depth contour). You still need the real face, because its not the mirror who unlock it, it's the face.
    Sorry but that is not true!
    The use of keyboard for unlocking existed in almost 5 different iOS version.
    How they patched it with a week when it was around for 4-5 year?( I guess you remember the death of debian distro's main developer?)
    About mirror and reflecting of human face: Well that is not how the optic physics works!
    As for reflection it is impossible to calculate the depth because of the wavelength of IR and how mirror reflect that coming light or in this case IR waves!
    And it seems you completely ignored the fact if I use you're iphone while it is unlocked for some time it later would allow me to unlock it which defects the whole point of having such system!
    Also it seems we are running in circle cause I often see I have to repeat this again and again so the other person can see why I am a little bit against the hype around idevices!

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    09-22-19 09:28 AM
    I did and disagree.
    I know it’s a BlackBerry fan site but that doesn’t mean you can say a bunch of things that aren’t true.
    Those has nothing to do with crackberry being a BlackBerry fan site!
    It seems you mistaken security concerns with fanboysm!

09-22-19 09:30 AM
    FYI: Putting exclamation points at the end of every sentence doesn’t make them true or make anyone “see your point”.
    Using a little commen sense wouldn't hurt either to understand what an exclamation mark is used for.
    Also you can do as easy as a Google search to see are those true or wrong.
    Also it won't do you any good trying to sway the conversation toward other things.

09-22-19 09:34 AM
    Those has nothing to do with crackberry being a BlackBerry fan site!
    It seems you mistaken security concerns with fanboysm!

Most phones, iPhones and Android included, are much safer than ever.
    There are more attempts than ever as technology advances but I don’t see the world crumbling because most people (almost no one) is using a Blackberry any more.
    09-22-19 09:48 AM
    Using a little commen sense wouldn't hurt either to understand what an exclamation mark is used for.
    Also you can do as easy as a Google search to see are those true or wrong.
    Also it won't do you any good trying to sway the conversation toward other things.

Again, LOL.
    Maybe you can use all caps next time.
    Thanks for the entertaining posts.
    09-22-19 09:49 AM
    It seems you just don't want to get my point of view!
    It is not only apple who uses FP and Face recognition for payment, not every OEM but a handful of the do the same!
    It doesn't matter how many for how many years old devices they release updates!
    The fact that company with every update makes older devices slower won't change!
    Recently they introduced a new way of ripping of users!
    You can't change battery or system would report wrong health and remaining power percentage!
    Who in the Earth would like to buy such device?
    Also the services that you mentioned DOSE NOT REQUIRED system update! They are just apps which using APIs to communicate with server which in other words means there is no need for an system update to implement this called services!
    I hope you see my point now!

Yup, it's now being used widely by oems. Even in playstore you need to insert google account password everytime you want to buy an app, but now it could be replaced by just scanning fingerprint to authenticate it. Yet apple has been doing this since iphone 4s.

The battery replacement meant to be done by apple authorized service provider so that no third party services could replace iphone's battery (they still could, but the ios will not recognized the battery as new/healthy). But you still get the better battery life even if the battery says unhealthy as long as the battery is new.

It requires system update. All those services came in system apps and not downloadable through appstore. They come prebuilt with the iOS itself, so the old iphones need to be upgrade to the newer iOS to get that services.
    09-22-19 09:49 AM
    Most phones, iPhones and Android included, are much safer than ever.
    There are more attempts than ever as technology advances but I don’t see the world crumbling because most people (almost no one) is using a Blackberry any more.
    This is a excellent example of entertaining post.
    Go ahead ad laugh as much as you want but that doesn't change the reality!

09-22-19 09:55 AM
    Yup, it's now being used widely by oems. Even in playstore you need to insert google account password everytime you want to buy an app, but now it could be replaced by just scanning fingerprint to authenticate it. Yet apple has been doing this since iphone 4s.

The battery replacement meant to be done by apple authorized service provider so that no third party services could replace iphone's battery (they still could, but the ios will not recognized the battery as new/healthy). But you still get the better battery life even if the battery says unhealthy as long as the battery is new.

It requires system update. All those services came in system apps and not downloadable through appstore. They come prebuilt with the iOS itself, so the old iphones need to be upgrade to the newer iOS to get that services.
    Last time I checked that iphone 4s didn't had any biometric authentication also there won't be any up until next 2 generation aka iphone 5s.
    Well how come all other manufacturers are able to allow third party services to replace battery and also the user his/her self?
    You call them app which by the name means they can be installed on any compatible system also there is no need for them to be system apps hance there would be no need for useless system update(just applis to apple system updates)

09-22-19 10:03 AM

I think it’s a lost cause.
    chain13 likes this.
    09-22-19 10:08 AM
    Last time I checked that iphone 4s didn't had any biometric authentication also there won't be any up until next 2 generation aka iphone 5s.
    Well how come all other manufacturers are able to allow third party services to replace battery and also the user his/her self?
    You call them app which by the name means they can be installed on any compatible system also there is no need for them to be system apps hance there would be no need for useless system update(just applis to apple system updates)
    Yup, I was refering to 5s.
    There are alot of 3rd party services that do apple device repairment including changing battery. That is what apple worries. Apple only supply iphone original battery through AASP, not 3rd party services. , which mean there is possibility that batteries used by 3rd party services are not original which leads to hardware safety (burn).
    About mirror and reflecting of human face: Well that is not how the optic physics works!
    As for reflection it is impossible to calculate the depth because of the wavelength of IR and how mirror reflect that coming light or in this case IR waves!
    Thats simply how it works, you just need to adjust the position of face, mirror, and the phone. But the exact point is, you need the real user's face to unlock that. It's not like you just need a mirror to unlcok it.
    And it seems you completely ignored the fact if I use you're iphone while it is unlocked for some time it later would allow me to unlock it which defects the whole point of having such system!
    Also it seems we are running in circle cause I often see I have to repeat this again and again so the other person can see why I am a little bit against the hype around idevices!
    You cant do that. What you can do is turn off auto lock while using other's iphone. But that won't make you know the passcode that makes you invincible to the device. Even when its unlocked, you can't purchase anything since you need to authenticate again with passcode or biometric to do anything transactional with the device.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-22-19 10:15 AM
    What?
    Payment trough FP security is available around from a lot of brands!
    Face id implement deeper security? What, please don't make me laugh!
    You can open face I'd by facing device to a mirror also if you have happen used someone's device for long time when it is unlocked you can unlock it later .
    What BS about security is that?
    Also don't forget that you could unlock an iPhone up to X or Xs with just a cable and a keyboard which in my idea is the result of F-ed up security!
    Also let's not forget that innovation of unlock others phone with just a miss call (seriously what is that mess that they call secure device)
    If you want I can go on and on about F-ed up security of idevices!
    So as a user I rather not have my payment tied to such **** device!

Innovation as in and of itself means little to nothing. Ask BlackBerry, Palm, Handspring or any innovator that’s no longer in the hardware business. True innovation means inventing or designing something that’s mass consumer accepted, demanded and commercially successful.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-22-19 12:16 PM
    What does any of this have to do with Passport or this thread. Start a thread in the appropriate sub forum and we'll all be better for it.

Posted with my Passport
    09-22-19 12:17 PM
    What does any of this have to do with Passport or this thread. Start a thread in the appropriate sub forum and we'll all be better for it.

Posted with my Passport
    I would appreciate if you would please adjust your signature to OG Passport so as to be clear to us less sophisticated... LOL ;-)
    09-22-19 12:19 PM
    I just want to know where to get the Logo in the sig.

Posted with my Passport
    09-22-19 12:21 PM
    I just want to know where to get the Logo in the sig.

Posted with my Passport
    I thought stuff like that was available in full browser desktop mode on the CB website.
    09-22-19 12:48 PM
    since the days of Weird Al Yankovic and the Big Lebowski I stii use BlackBerry as a weird wannabe...
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-22-19 01:01 PM
    Well thank goodness the ravingly mad Crazed Iphone and Samsung folk have decided to leave and crash brawl someone else's therapy sessions, its back to just the BlackBerry weirdos now....I hope.
    Is it true someone is trying to port the all text and no image Lynx broswer to bb10? That would be Blackberry weird and awesome. That would give bb10 users a jolt maybe but hopefully not a full lobotomy.
    09-23-19 02:04 AM
    If any of you have seen my posts you will likely conclude that my normalcy is questionable. I think the rest of you, especially the mods are pretty normal people though.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-19 06:28 PM
    First of all I think you mistaken me for some one without any info and oversight of those products!
    Second your second phrase make no sense at all! What winXP and playing angry birds have to do with iOS being useless and so?
    Also BB lack of ability of changing android runtime permission is what you say we havve ways of getting into simulated android and change permissions (I can't recall the app name but I am sure there was one conte might know what it is)
    Third invocation and apple? Please don't make me laugh cause almost all they do is taking other ideas and implement them in iphones and claim it was their idea! Like fingerprint!
    What a useless company!
    I have no doubt in that BBOS10 is far better than iOS (given that you can open iphone lock with very simple script and that is really a big loose for a company that call him self a secure one)
    Also don't get me starting about removing futures and calling that innovation
    'what winXP'
    == easily delete system32 vs rooting to gain access
    == netframework, etc vs apk installer
    == install apps from drive vs blackberry/iOS

'angry birds to do with iOS'
    == vs angry-bird so we can come out with Win10 and have to advertise a feature we already have [where is iOS]
    == When they were drawing back from Win8-8.1 they advertised Multi-Tasking & being able to play Angry Birds...Android treats you like Power User & Win10 thinks your a Casual Gamer

'BB lack of ability of changing android runtime permission'
    == You do realize Anti-Viruses can Sandbox Viruses
    == I understand Android 4.3 didn't have Permit Opts, but BB could have blocked certain aspects from within the Runner

'Third invocation and apple? Please don't make me laugh cause almost all they do is taking other ideas'
    == At least they didn't make fun of the innovation, but in fact might have inspired Android & were ahead of Android
    == Jailbreak is also part of the reason iPhone looks the way it does too
    == Though I believe the BB Torch is what influenced iPhone & Priv/Key designs, but it was the bad hardware/design that motivated iPhone
    === cause BB was popular before iPhone existed so I assume Steve Jobs owned a BB and said to himself 'Boy, they're expensive with no difference in specs between 8000s to 9000s, I don't always use the keyboard, there are so many interfaces, longest startup ever and connecting problems due to security settings...yet a j2me can still browse internet'

'BBOS10 is far better than iOS (given that you can open iphone lock with very simple script'
    - So why did the FBI need Apple's help putting a backdoor when they needed to break into a Terrorist's iPhone
    - Also BBos10 doesn't have Apps...it would be getting your home raided after you moved into your new home LOL...those robber would have nothing to steal...SHOOT WITH THAT 'NO NEXT in WIFI SETUP' YOU'D BE THANKING WHO EVER FOR BREAKING IN ROFL

'removing futures and calling that innovation'
    - Blackberry & TCL made an All-Touch Phone...IN A MARKET FULL OF TOUCH PHONES and left us Keyboard users to be called a 'Nich Market'
    - BB Passport was Innovation...Q5/Q10/Classic...CLASSIC!!!
    - PRIV/KEY/LE is a better spec TORCH
    - I don't if I can find it, but the BB Ad 'Getting back to what matters' then they show emojis
    - Oh and I forgot FaceTime was on Time. BBM & Nokia treated Android the same way...and suffered

Last, but not least, before BB could at least allow you to install BAR apps from SDcard before shutting down the AppShop...then they just stop support BBos10 faster than Win7 did

I went from a Passport, Priv to Curve...I was excepting the BBos5 to be different from BB10...the Hold Letter for Caps & Settings were the same.
    05-22-22 03:34 PM
    'what winXP'
    == easily delete system32 vs rooting to gain access
    == netframework, etc vs apk installer
    == install apps from drive vs blackberry/iOS

'angry birds to do with iOS'
    == vs angry-bird so we can come out with Win10 and have to advertise a feature we already have [where is iOS]
    == When they were drawing back from Win8-8.1 they advertised Multi-Tasking & being able to play Angry Birds...Android treats you like Power User & Win10 thinks your a Casual Gamer

'BB lack of ability of changing android runtime permission'
    == You do realize Anti-Viruses can Sandbox Viruses
    == I understand Android 4.3 didn't have Permit Opts, but BB could have blocked certain aspects from within the Runner

'Third invocation and apple? Please don't make me laugh cause almost all they do is taking other ideas'
    == At least they didn't make fun of the innovation, but in fact might have inspired Android & were ahead of Android
    == Jailbreak is also part of the reason iPhone looks the way it does too
    == Though I believe the BB Torch is what influenced iPhone & Priv/Key designs, but it was the bad hardware/design that motivated iPhone
    === cause BB was popular before iPhone existed so I assume Steve Jobs owned a BB and said to himself 'Boy, they're expensive with no difference in specs between 8000s to 9000s, I don't always use the keyboard, there are so many interfaces, longest startup ever and connecting problems due to security settings...yet a j2me can still browse internet'

'BBOS10 is far better than iOS (given that you can open iphone lock with very simple script'
    - So why did the FBI need Apple's help putting a backdoor when they needed to break into a Terrorist's iPhone
    - Also BBos10 doesn't have Apps...it would be getting your home raided after you moved into your new home LOL...those robber would have nothing to steal...SHOOT WITH THAT 'NO NEXT in WIFI SETUP' YOU'D BE THANKING WHO EVER FOR BREAKING IN ROFL

'removing futures and calling that innovation'
    - Blackberry & TCL made an All-Touch Phone...IN A MARKET FULL OF TOUCH PHONES and left us Keyboard users to be called a 'Nich Market'
    - BB Passport was Innovation...Q5/Q10/Classic...CLASSIC!!!
    - PRIV/KEY/LE is a better spec TORCH
    - I don't if I can find it, but the BB Ad 'Getting back to what matters' then they show emojis
    - Oh and I forgot FaceTime was on Time. BBM & Nokia treated Android the same way...and suffered

Last, but not least, before BB could at least allow you to install BAR apps from SDcard before shutting down the AppShop...then they just stop support BBos10 faster than Win7 did

I went from a Passport, Priv to Curve...I was excepting the BBos5 to be different from BB10...the Hold Letter for Caps & Settings were the same.
    Not sure what's stranger - digging up a 2.5 year old thread, or your post.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Ph1llip like this.
    05-22-22 08:12 PM
    Not sure what's stranger - digging up a 2.5 year old thread, or your post.
    random....
    05-23-22 08:02 AM
    random....
    Very!
    05-23-22 11:03 AM
147 ... 456