Agreed!

Posted with my Passport
    08-31-19 03:02 PM
    A phone with no headphone jack.
    LOL!

You mean besides consistently delivering the highest profit margins for all OEMs quarter after quarter despite proprietary business model?

The most important feature that all OEMs need is profits... full stop. THE END
    Well it is not like that!
    As I mentioned earlier apple lost around %20 of their sells (according to Gsmarena.com and others) what kept company profitable was high device price and also it is killing the company in same time!

That would be the "continuity" across devices and services. I'll be back if blackberry could offer such integration as integrated as apple ecosystem does. Even OEM like samsung and xiaomi, are currently building their own foundation of "integrated" outside from google.
    I agree, yet it is not an innovation but one of the biggest reason why people can't or don't want to transfer to android or other OS's.

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    09-01-19 04:46 PM
    LOL!

As I mentioned earlier apple lost around %20 of their sells (according to Gsmarena.com and others) what kept company profitable was high device price and also it is killing the company in same time!

I agree, yet it is not an innovation but one of the biggest reason why people can't or don't want to transfer to android or other OS's.

I believe it’s around 13% and that’s point that Apple pivots and still maintains pricing..

Every other flagship OEM wishes it could do that.....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-01-19 05:19 PM
    I'm no longer a blackberry user but I still weird.
    09-01-19 07:13 PM
    Do you feel personally targeted by the second paragraph?

Isn't it true that those who don't like having to tinker around with gadgets prefer the simplified approach that iOS offers them?

Or am I crazy?
    Yup...your crazy!🤨
    09-02-19 09:37 AM
    What happened Weirdos? Do BlackBerry weirdos go back to work after Labour Day? vacation? the Lab? or School? No weirdos posting lately?. .... Oh heck.....bring back BB10! give us a payable 10.4 upgrade in BlackBerryWorld, or the foldable z20/20 playbook/2. sporting bb10 (and some old playbook apps!)...hmm 3g/32g? or 4g/64g? or 6g/64g?
    09-18-19 12:44 AM
    Yup...your crazy!������
    BlackBerry users might be weirdos, but they're not crazy :-)
    09-18-19 12:46 AM
    Yup...your crazy!🤨
    BlackBerry users might be weirdos, but they're not crazy :-)
    09-18-19 12:46 AM
    What happened Weirdos? Do BlackBerry weirdos go back to work after Labour Day? vacation? the Lab? or School? No weirdos posting lately?. .... Oh heck.....bring back BB10! give us a payable 10.4 upgrade in BlackBerryWorld, or the foldable z20/20 playbook/2. sporting bb10 (and some old playbook apps!)...hmm 3g/32g? or 4g/64g? or 6g/64g?
    Ok you're weird or you're all boozed up

Posted via CB10
    09-18-19 12:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'd like to think the latter, but happily no, probably the former. :-)
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    09-18-19 01:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    IPA simply is just IPA here
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    09-18-19 07:00 AM
    O_o

09-20-19 11:21 PM
    IPA simply is just IPA here
    Booze goes down, weirdness goes up. I got the final piece (back cover) in the mail this week to convert my Passport to red... but it arrived damaged. They are resending.
    09-20-19 11:52 PM
    LOL!

That’s funny, apple has never been a market leader on mobile or pc (iOS 22% market share, mac 10% market share). Even with newer iphones release, not all ios users are gonna upgrade. Apple knew that hardware sales would not be so much profitable in the long run. That’s why they shift looking for profits into services. They give OS upgrade even for 5 years old devices, so that they could still enjoy newest services apple provided these day.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-22-19 06:57 AM
    I don't know about you in alternative universe!
    What I know is that it took whole 13 version for Apple to innovative that ****en file manager!(let alone there were OS's that had it at least 12 year before that groundbreaking innovation by apple)
    Also worth noting that it took them 3 version and around 4 year to just implement copy paste function!
    And that claim of fingerprint innovation is total BS!(if I recall correctly it was a sharp phone)
    Notch is not apple innovation against their claim!(it was Essential Phone PH1)
    Also since when responding to customers need is innovation?
    Yes they are alive but with huge loss at this year(i can't remember exact percentage but it was something around %20 or something) and it was predicted too be the same next year!

Apple put deeper integration rather than just copying. Touch id released with apple pay integration, digital sign for passbook etc. Face id also implement deeper security than normal face unlock, it maps user’s face contour rather than just scanning image of your face. They’re both serve the same purpose to unlock the phone, but none of oems brave enough to use their biometric method for secure implementation (payment, only some of them did).
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-22-19 07:06 AM
    That’s funny, apple has never been a market leader on mobile or pc (iOS 22% market share, mac 10% market share). Even with newer iphones release, not all ios users are gonna upgrade. Apple knew that hardware sales would not be so much profitable in the long run. That’s why they shift looking for profits into services. They give OS upgrade even for 5 years old devices, so that they could still enjoy newest services apple provided these day.
    First of all our discussion was not about market leader!(so that is out of subject)
    The discussion was about innovation which obviously apple lacks!
    Second it is a general rule for almost any form of tech that with new releases users won't upgrade (if they would why we have lots of old devices and vehicle around? )
    Yes they give a 5 year old device update while they deliberately slow down any device which is more than 1 year old so users think that their devices are slow and they need to upgrade to latest one. So all in all ripping users both ways!
    Please inform me what service that can't be used on 5-10 year old device?

09-22-19 08:12 AM
    First of all our discussion was not about market leader!(so that is out of subject)
    Second it is a general rule for almost any form of tech that with new releases users won't upgrade (if they would why we have lots of old devices and vehicle around? )
    Yes they give a 5 year old device update while they deliberately slow down any device which is more than 1 year old so users think that their devices are slow and they need to upgrade to latest one. So all in all ripping users both ways!

LOL.
    You can’t argue with success. Support long term includes security updates as well as OS updates. Apple does this better than anyone.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-22-19 08:15 AM
    Apple put deeper integration rather than just copying. Touch id released with apple pay integration, digital sign for passbook etc. Face id also implement deeper security than normal face unlock, it maps user’s face contour rather than just scanning image of your face. They’re both serve the same purpose to unlock the phone, but none of oems brave enough to use their biometric method for secure implementation (payment, only some of them did).
    What?
    Payment trough FP security is available around from a lot of brands!
    Face id implement deeper security? What, please don't make me laugh!
    You can open face I'd by facing device to a mirror also if you have happen used someone's device for long time when it is unlocked you can unlock it later .
    What BS about security is that?
    Also don't forget that you could unlock an iPhone up to X or Xs with just a cable and a keyboard which in my idea is the result of F-ed up security!
    Also let's not forget that innovation of unlock others phone with just a miss call (seriously what is that mess that they call secure device)
    If you want I can go on and on about F-ed up security of idevices!
    So as a user I rather not have my payment tied to such **** device!

09-22-19 08:24 AM
    LOL.
    You can’t argue with success. Support long term includes security updates as well as OS updates. Apple does this better than anyone.
    Read my previous post please

09-22-19 08:24 AM
    I know but it's still well related. Just for example : Apple wasn't the first one who introduced fingerprint scanner or face unlock. But they put better implementation with touchid and faceid to be used for payment or digital signing while other oems only use it for locking/unlocking the phone.

The slowing down issue (planning obsolete) has been denied by apple, and they optimize newer ios to perform faster even for older iphones (since ios 11 if I recall). It's because apple doesn't sell wide range devices like oems. Samsung release J, M, A, S, and note in a year, vary from midrange to high end. While apple only release high ends each year, and drop the price of last year's iphone to compete with other's newer midrange by keep giving it a software support (so that the old iphone will still be fresh like a new).

In the other hand, that's also help them to utilize their lost at hardware sales which getting saturated every year. They shift into services focus and by giving old iphones software updates, it makes their newest services could be used by wider variant of iphones (from old to new).

imessage and icloud was introduced in 2011 in ios5, coming prebuilt with iphone 4s. But older iphones who got ios5 update could also enjoy imessage and icloud. Apple music was introduced in 2015 with ios9, could also be enjoyed by older iphone that got ios9 updates. In ios 13 apple released apple arcade (gaming subcription), iphone 6S and SE from 2015 could also enjoy that by updating to ios13.

Get my points?
    Last edited by chain13; 09-22-19 at 09:07 AM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    09-22-19 08:54 AM
    What?
    Payment trough FP security is available around from a lot of brands!
    Face id implement deeper security? What, please don't make me laugh!
    You can open face I'd by facing device to a mirror also if you have happen used someone's device for long time when it is unlocked you can unlock it later .
    What BS about security is that?
    Also don't forget that you could unlock an iPhone up to X or Xs with just a cable and a keyboard which in my idea is the result of F-ed up security!
    Also let's not forget that innovation of unlock others phone with just a miss call (seriously what is that mess that they call secure device)
    If you want I can go on and on about F-ed up security of idevices!
    So as a user I rather not have my payment tied to such **** device!

And all of those bugs were closed by software updates that came within a week.

Face id projects dots sensor to mapping the face's contour. By using a mirror, the dots simply reflected by the mirror to the real face (that has depth contour). You still need the real face, because its not the mirror who unlock it, it's the face.
    09-22-19 09:05 AM
    Read my previous post please

I did and disagree.
    I know it’s a BlackBerry fan site but that doesn’t mean you can say a bunch of things that aren’t true.
    09-22-19 09:06 AM
    Let’s remember, this thread was started by the OP because someone called them a weirdo for using a Blackberry.
    The fact that it’s still going after 120 posts is amazing.
    09-22-19 09:12 AM
    I know but it's still well related. Just for example : Apple wasn't the first one who introduced fingerprint scanner or face unlock. But they put better implementation with touchid and faceid to be used for payment or digital signing while other oems only use it for locking/unlocking the phone.

The slowing down issue (planning obsolete) has been denied by apple, and they optimize newer ios to perform faster even for older iphones (since ios 11 if I recall). It's because apple doesn't sell wide range devices like oems. Samsung release J, M, A, S, and note in a year, vary from midrange to high end. While apple only release high ends each year, and drop the price of last year's iphone to compete with other's newer midrange by keep giving it a software support (so that the old iphone will still be fresh like a new).

In the other hand, that's also help them to utilize their lost at hardware sales which getting saturated every year. They shift into services focus and by giving old iphones software updates, it makes their newest services could be used by wider variant of iphones (from old to new).

imessage and icloud was introduced in 2011 in ios5, coming prebuilt with iphone 4s. But older iphones who got ios5 update could also enjoy imessage and icloud. Apple music was introduced in 2015 with ios9, could also be enjoyed by older iphone that got ios9 updates. In ios 13 apple released apple arcade (gaming subcription), iphone 6S and SE from 2015 could also enjoy that by updating to ios13.

Get my points?
    It seems you just don't want to get my point of view!
    It is not only apple who uses FP and Face recognition for payment, not every OEM but a handful of the do the same!
    It doesn't matter how many for how many years old devices they release updates!
    The fact that company with every update makes older devices slower won't change!
    Recently they introduced a new way of ripping of users!
    You can't change battery or system would report wrong health and remaining power percentage!
    Who in the Earth would like to buy such device?
    Also the services that you mentioned DOSE NOT REQUIRED system update! They are just apps which using APIs to communicate with server which in other words means there is no need for an system update to implement this called services!
    I hope you see my point now!

09-22-19 09:18 AM
    It seems you just don't want to get my point of view!
    It is not only apple who uses FP and Face recognition for payment, not every OEM but a handful of the do the same!
    It doesn't matter how many for how many years old devices they release updates!
    The fact that company with every update makes older devices slower won't change!
    Recently they introduced a new way of ripping of users!
    You can't change battery or system would report wrong health and remaining power percentage!
    Who in the Earth would like to buy such device?
    Also the services that you mentioned DOSE NOT REQUIRED system update! They are just apps which using APIs to communicate with server which in other words means there is no need for an system update to implement this called services!
    I hope you see my point now!

FYI: Putting exclamation points at the end of every sentence doesn’t make them true or make anyone “see your point”.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-22-19 09:26 AM
147 ... 3456