Think that has changed
    Nope!
    It is still the same BS as it was always!

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    08-10-19 12:18 PM
    Bruh I've used an iPod Touch, Android 1(DN); 2(GB); 4(ICS/JB/KK); 5/6/7 (LP/MM/NG), Symbian, Old BB & .JAR phones.

An iPod Touch (Chaos Rings) and Froyo phone had way more functionality than the Passport I own even after I updated from 10.2 to 10.3 (Now I have a Dev Autoloader due to CB link).
    Apart from the flawless (No Next for wifi setup), annoyances (Toast message & inconsistent Interface between Android Player & BAR apps), security (hahaha...still competing with Nokia's Numpad) & lack of support or expansion on great ideas...leads me to wonder how you can say iOS is bad.

You can root an iPhone & Android cause of the support by third party...Blackberry can't disable Android apps Permission, but has a locked bootloader that has no safe mode or recovery mode.

Android treats you like a PC User who wishes for a refined WinXP2 core vs Win8's "I'm a Mobile-UI on the PCs, Buried Settings with large white spaces in option menu, no multitasking and force updates you that use for work vs angry-bird so we can come out with Win10 and have to adverise a feature we already have cause money from WinXP made us stupid"
    ...doesn't that sound like...Blackberry & BBM

iOS may have restrictions, but it has more innovation & support than BB...the BB CEO wanted a BBBold in 2018...Q5/Q10 was a little better than my 2012 T699 on JB...Passport was BB's Samsung S3...what did they do with...nothing, but make another BBtorch 4times called Priv/Keyone/Key2/KeyLE & all touch phone (Which was made to compete with iPhone...LOL...Android changed...Blackberry is stubborn like people who arrogantly think iOS is worst than BB...its like how the BB CEOs where making fun of Android.

Blackberry doesn't care about its userbase either.

Posted via CB10
    First of all I think you mistaken me for some one without any info and oversight of those products!
    Second your second phrase make no sense at all! What winXP and playing angry birds have to do with iOS being useless and so?
    Also BB lack of ability of changing android runtime permission is what you say we havve ways of getting into simulated android and change permissions (I can't recall the app name but I am sure there was one conte might know what it is)
    Third invocation and apple? Please don't make me laugh cause almost all they do is taking other ideas and implement them in iphones and claim it was their idea! Like fingerprint!
    What a useless company!
    I have no doubt in that BBOS10 is far better than iOS (given that you can open iphone lock with very simple script and that is really a big loose for a company that call him self a secure one)
    Also don't get me starting about removing futures and calling that innovation
    Last edited by Mojarch; 08-10-19 at 12:47 PM.
    08-10-19 12:34 PM
    First of all I think you mistaken me for some one without any info and oversight of those products!
    Second your second phrase make no sense at all! What winXP and playing angry birds have to do with iOS being useless and so?
    Also BB lack of ability of changing android runtime permission is what you say we havve ways of getting into simulated android and change permissions (I can't recall the app name but I am sure there was one conte might know what it is)
    Third invocation and apple? Please don't make me laugh cause almost all they do is taking other ideas and implement them in iphones and claim it was their idea! Like fingerprint!
    What a useless company!
    I have no doubt in that BBOS10 is far better than iOS (given that you can open iphone lock with very simple script and that is really a big loose for a company that call him self a secure one)
    Also don't get me starting about removing futures and calling that innovation
    First of all it’s BB10, not BBOS10.
    Second, BB10 is dead and iOS alive. You certainly can’t innovate if you’re dead. That pretty much says it all.
    08-10-19 05:33 PM
    As long as there are BlackBerry branded phones that I like; I will support. Nothing weirdo about that. Some folks using other phones see them as status symbols.

That is weird!
    08-10-19 06:49 PM
    Well, one of them on its own isn't much, but add all of them together and you get an ecosystem that leaves the user much much less freedom than it could/should.

But I guess many people like things dumbed down to them and like not being overwhelmed with options, hence the iPhone's massive success.
    Hey, I’ve been pretty happy using iOS XR as other device. LMAO

Doesn’t your wife use iPhone now? Better make sure that she doesn’t read all your iOS posts or you’ll be moving over here to my slow coast ;-)
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-10-19 09:33 PM
    First of all it’s BB10, not BBOS10.
    Second, BB10 is dead and iOS alive. You certainly can’t innovate if you’re dead. That pretty much says it all.
    Well I was using short form of BlackBerry Operating system 10th edition so all in all BB10 and BBOS10 are pointing to the same thing!

So by your logic apple must have been dead since iPhone 5/5s cause I haven't seen real innovation from them since than!

Also you are free to think whatever you want, and that might not be the reality or troth!

08-23-19 08:14 AM
    Well I was using short form of BlackBerry Operating system 10th edition so all in all BB10 and BBOS10 are pointing to the same thing!

So by your logic apple must have been dead since iPhone 5/5s cause I haven't seen real innovation from them since than!

Also you are free to think whatever you want, and that might not be the reality or troth!

There is no BBOS 10. Legacy ended with BBOS 7.
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-23-19 09:04 AM

Actually no. BBOS refers to all predecessor BB OS previous to BB10 in company nomenclature like BBOS7 or BBOS6 for instance. BB10 was originally BBX and legal challenge forced BB10 to be used instead. BBAndroid is well ....... that a little varied
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-23-19 09:05 AM

See above posts.
    If Apple is dead or not innovating then I must be living in an alternative universe. What they are doing is responding to the changing needs of the consumer base. Thus they are still very much alive.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-23-19 11:09 AM
    If using a Passport in 2019 seems to be a weird decision, I will rest my case. But I will still continue using my PP SE for as long as I can. And I reckon I will be better off than anybody still preaching to Android.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-19 12:47 PM
    If Apple is dead or not innovating then I must be living in an alternative universe.

Apple? Innovating? When was the last time they did that?

Name one feature that they have introduced to the market before an Android competitor OEM did.

What they are doing is responding to the changing needs of the consumer base.
    Right, and when did the consumer need to NOT have a headphone jack, a removable battery or expandable memory?
    When did they need a glass back that's almost impossible to remove? Or a tiny battery?

Apple has been and is currently succeeding due to their excellent marketing above all else.
    They KNOW how to get people to rush out and fork the money for their products.
    Mojarch likes this.
    08-23-19 01:55 PM
    There is no BBOS 10. Legacy ended with BBOS 7.
    Actually no. BBOS refers to all predecessor BB OS previous to BB10 in company nomenclature like BBOS7 or BBOS6 for instance. BB10 was originally BBX and legal challenge forced BB10 to be used instead. BBAndroid is well ....... that a little varied
    Too much nitpicking on details!
    OK, let's say I agreed about BB10 naming but that doesn't change apple to innovative company!

Last edited by Mojarch; 08-23-19 at 04:51 PM.
    08-23-19 04:22 PM
    See above posts.
    If Apple is dead or not innovating then I must be living in an alternative universe. What they are doing is responding to the changing needs of the consumer base. Thus they are still very much alive.
    I don't know about you in alternative universe!
    What I know is that it took whole 13 version for Apple to innovative that ****en file manager!(let alone there were OS's that had it at least 12 year before that groundbreaking innovation by apple)
    Also worth noting that it took them 3 version and around 4 year to just implement copy paste function!
    And that claim of fingerprint innovation is total BS!(if I recall correctly it was a sharp phone)
    Notch is not apple innovation against their claim!(it was Essential Phone PH1)
    Also since when responding to customers need is innovation?
    Yes they are alive but with huge loss at this year(i can't remember exact percentage but it was something around %20 or something) and it was predicted too be the same next year!

08-23-19 04:47 PM

Name one feature that they have introduced to the market before an Android competitor OEM did.

Right, and when did the consumer need to NOT have a headphone jack, a removable battery or expandable memory?
    When did they need a glass back that's almost impossible to remove? Or a tiny battery?

Apple has been and is currently succeeding due to their excellent marketing above all else.
    They KNOW how to get people to rush out and fork the money for their products.
    You can laugh all you want but Apple is alive and well.
    Marketing? Sure, they’re one of the best and it works. Marketing alone won’t keep your head above water for years though. That takes products that continue to meet customers expectations.

Android throws features at their phones whether they are complete or not. Apple perfects things before they bring them to life. Two different ways to do things. The Apple Watch (don’t have one) is becoming a health monitor that can recognize dangerous heart arrhythmias that have saved people’s lives. Apple Pay has just come out and people can earn 3% back on every transaction. Much more secure than carrying a credit card also.

Don’t be so fast to throw that laughing emoji up there when you have nothing to show in return. The PKB phone is like tumble weed rolling across the desert. I think Apple is doing ok compared to that.

Just my opinion of course.
    08-23-19 04:49 PM
    I don't know about you in alternative universe!
    What I know is that it took whole 13 version for Apple to innovative that ****en file manager!(let alone there were OS's that had it at least 12 year before that groundbreaking innovation by apple)
    Also worth noting that it took them 3 version and around 4 year to just implement copy paste function!
    And that claim of fingerprint innovation is total BS!(if I recall correctly it was a sharp phone)
    Notch is not apple innovation against their claim!(it was Essential Phone PH1)
    Also since when responding to customers need is innovation?
    Yes they are alive but with huge loss at this year(i can't remember exact percentage but it was something around %20 or something) and it was predicted too be the same next year!

I love it when people like you hate the competition so much you wish for their demise. Remember, it takes competition to push the envelope so that we, the consumer, actually gets new innovative products. Otherwise why change? (This is what BlackBerry did, sit back on their laurels and think they could continue on forever). We should never hate on the competition, they are what keeps us honest and moves the mark forward.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-23-19 04:52 PM
    Totally agree! Bang on!

Posted with my Passport
    08-23-19 05:02 PM
    I love it when people like you hate the competition so much you wish for their demise. Remember, it takes competition to push the envelope so that we, the consumer, actually gets new innovative products. Otherwise why change? (This is what BlackBerry did, sit back on their laurels and think they could continue on forever). We should never hate on the competition, they are what keeps us honest and moves the mark forward.
    What? Please I am dying of laughing
    Where I wanted apple to go bankrupt or something else? And where did I mentioned I hate or in any way don't want competition?
    You apple fan boys like to show it is apple the innovator but you know what? I'll just digress!

It is not worth loosing time to make you see what is actually very bright and shinning like sun!

I am a wierd BB user and would be like that forever!
    After all what you expect from someone who uses a surface pro with windows /Arch Linux / android 8.1?
    08-23-19 05:03 PM
    I am a wierd BB user and would be like that forever!
    After all what you expect from someone who uses a surface pro with windows /Arch Linux / android 8.1?
    You should use what works best for you. I am glad there is choice and alternatives. I wish Blackberry had been more like Apple and Google so they would still be around and we had more choice.

Best of luck.
    08-23-19 05:18 PM
    A phone with no headphone jack.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-23-19 06:10 PM
    A phone with no headphone jack.
    Bingo!
    08-23-19 06:13 PM

You mean besides consistently delivering the highest profit margins for all OEMs quarter after quarter despite proprietary business model?

The most important feature that all OEMs need is profits... full stop. THE END
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-23-19 09:26 PM
    You mean besides consistently delivering the highest profit margins for all OEMs quarter after quarter despite proprietary business model?

The most important feature that all OEMs need is profits... full stop. THE END
    Very true.

Let’s face it, what outstanding innovations have come to the smartphone market lately? It’s mostly been small changes, slight aesthetics and bigger storage capacity. Until the next big thing comes along this is what it is.
    Apple has moved somewhat to services because they understand this.
    08-24-19 06:14 AM

That would be the "continuity" across devices and services. I'll be back if blackberry could offer such integration as integrated as apple ecosystem does. Even OEM like samsung and xiaomi, are currently building their own foundation of "integrated" outside from google.
    08-24-19 08:40 AM
    That would be the "continuity" across devices and services. I'll be back if blackberry could offer such integration as integrated as apple ecosystem does. Even OEM like samsung and xiaomi, are currently building their own foundation of "integrated" outside from google.
    Well said.
    chain13 likes this.
    08-24-19 09:09 AM
    You should use what works best for you. I am glad there is choice and alternatives. I wish Blackberry had been more like Apple and Google so they would still be around and we had more choice.

Best of luck.
    Thanks!
    More choice is certainly better than limited ones!
    If it is cool with you I am going to rephrase your sentence: "I wish Blackberry had cared more about users so they would still be around and we had more choice."

chain13 likes this.
    08-31-19 02:25 PM
147 ... 23456