Most of my friends bash me for using a BlackBerry in 2019. One person said that only weirdos use BlackBerry in 2019 and that Blackberry phones are not made anymore.

What's your opinion guys? Will BlackBerry phones stop being produced soon? And are we weirdos?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-19 09:23 PM
    Most of my friends bash me for using a BlackBerry in 2019. One person said that only weirdos use BlackBerry in 2019 and that Blackberry phones are not made anymore.

What's your opinion guys? Will BlackBerry phones stop being produced soon? And are we weirdos?

Posted via CB10
    Seriously...??.. BB left hardware business and licensed out brand to BBMo for hardware produced last two years.

My daughters say the we're different and special. Translated = Weirdos
    rayporsche and bbfanfan like this.
    05-19-19 09:26 PM
    With Obama, Angela, and Queen as part of pack, your friend might have hard time to catch up.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-19 10:17 PM
    People who call others "weirdos" based on the kind of phone they use are obviously insecure about their own choices.

Use whatever phone you want. It doesn't matter what others say.

 BlackBerry | Q10
    05-19-19 10:40 PM
    When you stand out from the crowd, people will always have an opinion. That's a fact.
    05-19-19 10:46 PM
    When you stand out from the crowd, people will always have an opinion. That's a fact.
    Truth. I get odd looks because I've never owned or used an iPhone, Samsung, or Moto product like 99% of people around here.
    rarsen, jamesharmeling and DWonder like this.
    05-19-19 11:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it matters what anyone is using anymore, but then again I'm a Xennial and a bit removed from having my choice of device define me. I was also a BlackBerry user when everyone had one and when no one had one, but other than a couple individuals no one made comments about it.

And yes, we're all weirdos here.
    arkenoi likes this.
    05-19-19 11:18 PM
    Every time I use my BlackBerry, I see a smile on the faces of my business partners. Sometimes this smile is sarcastic ("How can you?"), sometimes nostalgic ("I used to have one too!").
    rarsen likes this.
    05-20-19 01:57 AM
    You need new friends
    05-20-19 09:15 AM
    As weird as they want to be.

In a good way
    05-20-19 09:53 AM
    ...And are we weirdos?

Posted via CB10
    Weird, crazy, skeptical, insane, nerdy, paranoid, stubborn...

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    kbz1960, TgeekB and illsince1977 like this.
    05-20-19 10:07 AM
    1. A new model may be in line for production. Peruse the forum for what we know so far.
    2. By definition anyone who posts in a mobile phone fan site is a little off.
    05-20-19 11:38 AM
    With Obama, Angela, and Queen as part of pack, your friend might have hard time to catch up.

Posted via CB10
    Last time I checked Obama was using a Samsung phone built by the NSA. Have not followed his phone use since he left office. When he was first elected he used a hand built NSA phone that used a BBOS case.
    05-20-19 12:46 PM
    05-20-19 01:02 PM
    Just because they don't make fun of you doesn't mean you AREN'T weird
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    05-20-19 03:52 PM
    Just because they don't make fun of you doesn't mean you AREN'T weird
    Fixed
    05-20-19 04:37 PM
    Well Angela doesn't use a off the shelf BlackBerry neither did obama and he switched shortly after to a samsung

The Queen when she did use it was also a non off the shelf with advance security suite provided by her security

She now uses a samsung also encrypted
    The.newest.one she had was the gold plated blackberries given to her by Mike back in 2010 during the Royal visit to RIM which sat.unused since she had a secure one already from her agencies
    Shes doesn't like using smartphones and rather have face to face contact hence why she uses a slimline samsung that's locked down

Angela's blackberry has a 3000 dollar security chip which was built by secursmart now owned by blackberry
    05-20-19 05:23 PM
    Oh. Hell. Yes.

I am very proudly not normal.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    john_v and glwerry like this.
    05-20-19 05:31 PM
    BlackBerry users are not weirdos for using what they like. Seriously, which other manufacturer is making quality, QWERTY smartphones? None. I proudly use my BlackBerry Passport in 2019, and do not give two poos about what people think. Thankfully, nobody has grilled me for using a BlackBerry. Yet....?
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-20-19 06:05 PM
    Proudly weird, but I don't identify only by the smartphone I choose to use. I'm proud to use the device that works best for me and not the one to which the masses flock.

It's funny. My wife and I had this conversation this weekend - all the things that made me 'weird' when I was a kid are hugely a part of the mainstream now (Marvel/Star Trek/Fantasy shows like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead.) Maybe there's room for BlackBerry to make a comeback as well.

Just realized this was posted in a Passport forum - for what it's worth, I truly miss my Passport and the "Work Wide" form factor, along with the Blend functionality.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-20-19 09:37 PM
    I get the "well aren't you special?" treatment from time to time, but better weird than a sheep...
    givechanceachance and DWonder like this.
    05-21-19 08:02 PM
    I'm a weirdo so look out. I get by with a little help of my bold 9900....just can't post here from it anymore. SMS and calls only.

I do have a KeyOne, though I hate Android! I occasionally get with the KeyOne "oh is that an old blackberry?" and I tell them no, it is actually new.

People can tell who were users by the keyboard.

I'm a very tactile person so I need a keyboard. And BB produces the best, possibly now: the only!
    chain13 likes this.
    05-21-19 08:41 PM
    I get the "well aren't you special?" treatment from time to time, but better weird than a sheep...
    How's that any different?
    05-21-19 08:57 PM
    How's that any different?
    I think the weirdos the ones that often get the silent treatment....the sheep just blend in, following the shepherd. I think it in society when the weirdo becomes the shepherd, then the sheep grow some of their own footing....these days sheep indistinguishable from lemmings.
    Last edited by givechanceachance; 05-21-19 at 09:02 PM. Reason: grammar
    05-21-19 09:01 PM
    I think the weirdos the ones that often get the silent treatment....the sheep just blend in, following the shepherd. I think it in society when the weirdo becomes the shepherd, then the sheep grow some of their own footing....these days sheep indistinguishable from lemmings.
    Not being weird does not simply make something a sheep. But we clearly see which small group of lemmings heading toward destruction by doing some weird.

Glad that these days’s shepherd don’t do something weird. Maybe just one of them.
    irishcorker likes this.
    05-22-19 02:56 AM
147 123 ...