Do grown men actually use Instagram?

Posted via CB10

Yes, they do, and there’s nothing sissy about Instagram… :-)
    grungebetty likes this.
    01-05-15 01:11 PM
    I use social media to market. Instagram give me ability to post to Facebooks and Twitter without posting on each site. This is productivity, and I agree with the OP Instagram should work with blackberry to support the Instagram program instead of us having to use a third party app.
    I'm pretty sure you can do that without Instagram...

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:12 PM
    Sorry to say, but igrann is absolute rubbish. It�s just so bloody slow. I�d much rather use the crashing Android port on my Passport than use iGrann � it�s that pointless. While the ability to download images is a good addition, the picture quality is just bad once you�ve downloaded � you�re better off taking screen shots or downloading some Android app for it.
    If people would report their problems clearly with the iGrann dev that would help out a lot... Secondly if people in BB10 don't complain to Facebook to bring Instagram officially to BB10 it's not going to come...

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Dan Bilzerian aka king of instagram uses it, so i should too.

But really, I know a lot of business owners who rely on instagram and other social media apps. I do not post on instagram but follow some of my clients to see the feedback from their followers on some of the designs I did for their clothing brand.
    01-05-15 04:21 PM
    I love how when someone here expresses the desire to use an app on BB10, some people's reflex response is essentially "You don't need that." Does anyone really think that works?
    I know! Right?

Where do all these people get off? Coming on to a public forum, expressing opinions.

The nerve.

PP
    BigBadWulf and grungebetty like this.
    01-05-15 04:47 PM
    The android version works amazing on my passport, even runs better on the BlackBerry vs any other android device. Sure we want a native app cause it looks much nicer, but at least BlackBerry gave us the opportunity to run android apps. Instagram is never coming to BlackBerry so when you can accept that you'll eventually enjoy the android version.

Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154 /Rogers
    01-05-15 04:51 PM
    It's a business phone but has potential to be marketed as a girls phone. Sell it in pink, endorse instagram etc and make profit!

Posted via CB10
    OP, more info on being marketed as a girls phone. I think there is a market for the professional woman with the PP. Know from other posts in the forum that there are some women using it, curious as to the number of women and their thoughts. As for supporting IG, don't use it so I have no opinion on that.
    01-05-15 05:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I do.

Mostly follow car photos, nature, and of course the hot babes of instagram who have millions of followers. I spend about 3 min a day on IG!
    01-05-15 11:33 PM
    I don't know what's more sexist, saying the Passport is a girls's phone or saying it isn't (because the Passport is all business)

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and grungebetty like this.
    01-05-15 11:43 PM
    I want
    • Properly working fully featured Facebook app.
    • SnapChat
    • Instagram
    • Facebook Messenger
    01-06-15 12:23 AM
    I want
    • Properly working fully featured Facebook app.
    • SnapChat
    • Instagram
    • Facebook Messenger
    Now you're just being silly.

PP
    01-06-15 12:30 AM
    Now you're just being silly.

PP
    I think you are the silly one.

Posted via CB10
    clipskid likes this.
    01-06-15 01:08 AM
    Why are the needs of others being dismissed?
    What has an app got to do with grown men or gender anyway.

And there are plenty of start ups and companies using Instagram as a form of marketing - BlackBerry included.
    Wouldn't a BlackBerry without Instagram be a drawback to those who use it for both business and pleasure?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jasper-Ng; 01-06-15 at 05:11 AM.
    01-06-15 03:47 AM
    Why are the needs of others being dismissed?
    What has an app got to do with grown men or gender anyway.

And there are plenty of start ups and companies using Instagram as a form of marketing - BlackBerry included.
    Wouldn't a BlackBerry without Instagram be a drawback to those who use it for both business and pleasure?

Posted via CB10
    Agree.

To the original topic though, I'm not sure this one is BlackBerry's choice. There was lots of talk about Instagram coming to Blackberry 10 when the Z10 was launching so discussions were there. Instagram is a funny org where they just really don't want to go out of their way to support platforms or apps. You can't get it in the Amazon App Store, you can't get it in BlackBerry world, they killed third party apps that posted to their network and it took foooorever to come to Windows Phone.

Short of offering them a ludicrous sum that probably far outweighs the value of even instagram, I doubt we'll see a native app.

I don't mind iGrann but I'm not a power user. And yes, I'm a grown man who uses Instagram.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-06-15 06:20 AM
    The idea that social media apps are not used by or associated with 'grown men' shows the short sightedness of those that are quick to scoff at things they clearly know little about. I too would love to see a native version of IG however the current Android version runs amazingly well for me on my Z10 (10.3.1.1949) and thou I have tried the iGrann app I certainly much prefer working with IG.

Some grown people actually make this part of our business model and having licenced well over 100 of my own works to the BBRY use from my own Instagram account makes it pure business thou fun for me as well (yes.. BBRY loves pet pics too )
    There are days (on CB) the mentality of a 'vocal few' makes it hard to see why many even bother having a thought or asking for help.
    clipskid and grungebetty like this.
    01-06-15 07:53 AM
    The idea that social media apps are not used by or associated with 'grown men' shows the short sightedness of those that are quick to scoff at things they clearly know little about. I too would love to see a native version of IG however the current Android version runs amazingly well for me on my Z10 (10.3.1.1949) and thou I have tried the iGrann app I certainly much prefer working with IG.

Some grown people actually make this part of our business model and having licenced well over 100 of my own works to the BBRY use from my own Instagram account makes it pure business thou fun for me as well (yes.. BBRY loves pet pics too )
    There are days (on CB) the mentality of a 'vocal few' makes it hard to see why many even bother having a thought or asking for help.
    The OP brought up girl's phone and Instagram. I'm betting most guy comments were tongue in cheek. Some days it's hard to have a sense of humor on CrackBerry.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    01-06-15 08:14 AM
    The OP brought up girl's phone and Instagram. I'm betting most guy comments were tongue in cheek. Some days it's hard to have a sense of humor on CrackBerry.
    You'd be shocked at how funny a guy I am. But since I am not a betting kind of guy I will fold my hand.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-06-15 08:38 AM
    You'd be shocked at how funny a guy I am. But since I am not a betting kind of guy I will fold my hand.

I hate gambling!
    SnapzGEG likes this.
    01-06-15 08:56 AM
    Nowadays business management professionals use social media as a tool for engaging the customers and for marketing their services and offerings.
    In this scenario BlackBerry should definitely push native apps for all popular social networking apps.

Posted via CB10
    grungebetty likes this.
    01-06-15 09:08 AM
    For everyone debating the need.

BlackBerry themselves have a IG account.

Nuff said.
    01-06-15 09:23 AM
    For everyone debating the need.

BlackBerry themselves have a IG account.

Nuff said.
    I knew they'd find use for those alter-platform phones they keep in house.
    01-06-15 09:29 AM
    I want the passport work with Android version GoPro app as well.
    01-06-15 09:54 AM
    I'd like to see BlackBerry do a branded IG app.

There are a number of people that will only download what looks to be "official" apps. If BlackBerry can't get Instagram to make them a native app, and if IGran and others are making "legal" apps... why couldn't BlackBerry just make an App for Instagram and have their name as the developer.

I don't care too much about Instagram myself and find using the Android App every now and then to be fine (when it works). But I "think" others would find having this major apps available from a trusted source a much better option.
    01-06-15 11:41 AM
    ... why couldn't BlackBerry just make an App for Instagram and have their name as the developer.
    I don't think it would good for Blackberry to officially release an app that will often break when the Instagram service is updated. They would need an official agreement with Facebook.
    01-06-15 12:33 PM

There are a number of people that will only download what looks to be "official" apps. If BlackBerry can't get Instagram to make them a native app, and if IGran and others are making "legal" apps... why couldn't BlackBerry just make an App for Instagram and have their name as the developer.

I don't care too much about Instagram myself and find using the Android App every now and then to be fine (when it works). But I "think" others would find having this major apps available from a trusted source a much better option.
    The major problem is there are no public APIs that allow you to do anything other than view postings on Instagram. So, BlackBerry would have to purchase access to those APIs and I don't believe Instagram will open themselves up to that. iGrann technically violates Instagram's ToS. My understanding is that BlackBerry essentially told the dev that they wouldn't pull it down unless Instagram actually asks that it be taken down. Maybe, BlackBerry has a wink and nod agreement with Instagram to allow the app to continue, but they are kind of playing with fire by showing the app on their official instagram page, if the app gets pulled.
    01-06-15 02:19 PM
54 123