I'm currently on my vacation in Cambodia, and you know what I noticed first of all? Blackberry service doesn't go so well here with 3G. I can't use BBM and BlackBerry maps is unavailable in the whole country. WiFi makes BBM work at some points but not all. Luckily I'm with my Passport. What'd happen if I brought my 9900!?!?
    Anyway, the question here is any other countries happen the same with Cambodia?
    Blackberry service doesn't work in Cambodia-img_20150426_090107.png

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    04-25-15 09:01 PM
    Does anything happen when you navigate to Settings > About > Network, press the menu button (3 dots in the bottom right corner of the screen), and tap on Register BlackBerry?

If the issue persists I would recommend contacting your carrier to see if there's an issue, and also verify that your APN settings (which can be found under Settings > Networks and Connections > Mobile Network > APN are correct.
    04-26-15 04:34 AM
    I'm currently on my vacation in Cambodia, and you know what I noticed first of all? Blackberry service doesn't go so well here with 3G. I can't use BBM and BlackBerry maps is unavailable in the whole country. WiFi makes BBM work at some points but not all. Luckily I'm with my Passport. What'd happen if I brought my 9900!?!?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150426_090107.png 
Views:	731 
Size:	601.6 KB 
ID:	349504

1/ LAOS is the same. Roaming : unless you have the blackberry logo showing up, your BBM messaging wont work. Should work on WiFi at all times.[ it worked for me in remote areas of Laos on WiFi access ] carrying a Z30. Your email account(s) should work no problems but could be costly as it is active sync and no longer BIS [ no compression and no redirection via Blackberry servers pushing to you ]
    2/ with the 9900 , your emails come through regardless where you are, as long as there is some reception, meaning if you can make a phone call , you will receive your emails. But for BBM it is the same, it must have the BBM logo showing up. There is no cost to receiving your emails and most attachements because you would be subscribing to a plan for BIS or corporate .

CONCLUSION : if you want to travel to countries like Cambodia and receive all your emails and texts cheap and reliably. its the 9900. But you will need to be on a BIS plan which are still available in some countries [ still available in Australia ]. BBM is the same whether you have the 9900 or PPort.

04-26-15 06:46 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150426_090107.png 
Views:	731 
Size:	601.6 KB 
ID:	349504

Are you using a SIM from out of country or one you purchased in county just for the trip? If one from out of the country, look like the carrier you are on is blocking the connection to the BlackBerry NOC with a firewall. This is probably to make sure people can circumvent the government's ability to monitor the communications. They probably want you to use the carriers BIS in country, so they can see everything going on. You might be able to get things working with a carrier pay as you go SIM from in country. A BBOS device would have the same issue.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-26-15 06:47 PM
    And you are surprised??????

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:18 PM
    Wow.... that suck.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:09 AM
    In 2014 I used my 9900 for more than 3 weeks without any problems at all. I was using my BBM all the time perfectly well. Yes, I was using a local SIM card that I bought (rather cheap, by the way) at one agency in Siem Reap called Smart mobile (www.smart.com.kh). I was in Angkor.
    04-27-15 07:19 AM
    I am from Malaysia and I have been travelling on/off to Cambodia for the past 6 years.

6 years ago, I first came to Phnom Penh and was using Bold 9780 with BIS from my overseas (Celcom-Malaysia) SIM carrier. Roaming with BIS was not an issue at all then, even during road travelling throughout the country.

Later, I upgraded to Q10, used my Malaysia SIM carrier, and still no issue as I had unlimited active data plan. Roaming was not cheap but that's besides the point.

Now, I am using Passport and still no issue. I don't subscribe to BIS anymore but I have an unlimited active data plan. also, due to the fact that newer Blackberry models don't require BIS, just an active working data plan.

For the past 6 years that I have been travelling here, there are 2 carriers in Cambodia that still offers BIS service (SMART & Cellcard). There's also 3 carriers now that's offering 4G service (SMART, Cellcard & Metfone). Its not wise to condem others when the mistake was yours.
    07-30-15 01:37 PM