I think the Passport (especially the Silver Edition) has a timeless look that lets it appear as at home besides vintage 80s items as it does next to a brand new MacBook Pro. That's a sign of a truly good design.
    sesp9 likes this.
    04-20-16 07:49 PM
    Nice! But where did you find that boombox!? Major flashback!

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    04-20-16 09:05 PM
    Nice! But where did you find that boombox!? Major flashback!

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    I was preparing for a presentation and when I was searching in the facility closet for a six way power source, there was this radio. I immediately became thrilled to see it and the head executive who was also helping me, said if I want it I can have it. The radio has been in this closet for over 20 years! Now that my friend was truly priceless.

Posted via CB10
    brianwiebe likes this.
    04-20-16 09:39 PM
    I think BlackBerry decided to do its own Porsche Design version of the Passport and this is the SE. The style cues are just like some of the Porsche Design phones, and the pricing strategy borrows from the PD scheme.

PD might sue Chen for copying it! This might be the only smart marketing move by Chen during his tenure.

I like the design except for silly SLR camera look to the back. Make the back SIM cover black and I'm all for it.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 11:09 PM
    Yes, this is more like it, unless you want to classify the MacBook 12 inch as an 80's product.

Attachment 397786
    Attachment 397787
    04-20-16 11:18 PM
    I think BlackBerry decided to do its own Porsche Design version of the Passport and this is the SE. The style cues are just like some of the Porsche Design phones, and the pricing strategy borrows from the PD scheme.

PD might sue Chen for copying it! This might be the only smart marketing move by Chen during his tenure.

I like the design except for silly SLR camera look to the back. Make the back SIM cover black and I'm all for it.
    Porsche Design phones are more angular, less soft curves and pricing was only about $50 more than the regular version.
    04-21-16 06:31 PM
31 12