So I woke up this morning to a major issue with my Passport. The screen has seemed to start separating from the body of the phone in the bottom right corner. It looks like the glue didn't cure properly and is now loosing it's adhesiveness. Has anyone dealt with this? I have contacted Blackberry and Amazon. Because I bought through Amazon I have to go through them for repairs/exchanges. Unfortunately they can only refund my device as there are none in stock. This is very unfortunate and I wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem.

Blackberry Screen Problem-img_0262.jpg

It may be hard to tell, but you can see there is a pretty large gap between body and screen. You can even see the glue they used.
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    10-06-14 01:14 PM
    send it back get your money back and just wait it out till more become available im sure there will be more soon
    10-06-14 01:19 PM
    So I woke up this morning to a major issue with my Passport. The screen has seemed to start separating from the body of the phone in the bottom right corner. It looks like the glue didn't cure properly and is now loosing it's adhesiveness. Has anyone dealt with this? I have contacted Blackberry and Amazon. Because I bought through Amazon I have to go through them for repairs/exchanges. Unfortunately they can only refund my device as there are none in stock. This is very unfortunate and I wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0262.jpg 
Views:	1280 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	303610

It may be hard to tell, but you can see there is a pretty large gap between body and screen. You can even see the glue they used.
    wait it out to see if they can get stock again... i am sure there will be some in 30 days and you can just exchange it for a new one...
    10-06-14 01:20 PM
    I want to go ahead and return it as the screen is getting worse and worse by the hour. It started out this morning just a hair above the fret. Now at lunch it's gotten quite a bit larger of a gap. I will probably just get my money back and order a new one once available through Amazon. They have been very good about it, just can't control stock I guess.

wait it out to see if they can get stock again... i am sure there will be some in 30 days and you can just exchange it for a new one...
    10-06-14 01:30 PM
    Side note: Turns out my work phone (iphone 5) has a ****ty camera. The damn thing wouldn't focus at all on my device. Let alone give me acceptable quality in a fluorescent light setting.
    10-06-14 01:34 PM
    Yep, I just ran into this same exact problem. Same side and everything. I also ordered from Amazon, so I guess I'll be returning it to them. I hope we're the only ones with this problem, but I fear that we're not....
    10-07-14 05:17 PM
    Oh dear.. how bad is the problem effecting the visibility of the screen!?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 09:13 PM
    Sorry that you got a bum Passport.
    Strange why a flat screen would pop up like that. It take some very bad assembly with uneven mounting pressure to do this.
    Might be a bad li-po cell that got puffed and pushed the screen out.
    10-07-14 09:58 PM
    Oh dear.. how bad is the problem effecting the visibility of the screen!?

Posted via CB10
    It does not affect the screen visibility at all, and everything still works properly. I considered just gluing it back down myself, but I don't want to risk messing it up or voiding the warranty so I will be sending the phone back. I think some iPhones had this same problem a couple of years ago- they were coming off the assembly line too fast for the glue to dry.
    10-08-14 09:06 AM
    Interesting. All the chips are on the right side so heat could be affecting the adhesive or expanding the stainless steel frame. When I finally buy mine, I think I'll tape some heat-conductor like aluminum foil to help cool that side of the frame. At least it doesn't affect the function.
    10-08-14 10:36 AM
    atpetrey

Can you post pictures from your phone as well? Thanks...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:07 PM
    10-08-14 03:54 PM
    Bought my passport on Septemeber 24th and today (Nov 6) i just dropped it off to telus for repair. Same issue as the OP on the same part of the screen. Really bummed about it as I was loving this phone more than any phone I've ever owned. Hopefully I get a new one soon....
    11-06-14 09:40 PM