People want BB10 not android and time goes on they will see and become software only or come fully back to us! They can't give in now BB10 I in its prime and amazing!
    No they won't. You're going through your Passport honeymoon phase right now with 130 posts. After awhile, you'll start getting annoyed with something. I like BB10 better, but after a year and a half, even with the very minimal apps I used, it became a deal breaker when they stopped working completely.

No one except CB members gives a **** about BB10.
    02-26-16 12:31 PM
    No they won't. You're going through your Passport honeymoon phase right now with 130 posts. After awhile, you'll start getting annoyed with something. I like BB10 better, but after a year and a half, even with the very minimal apps I used, it became a deal breaker when they stopped working completely.

No one except CB members gives a **** about BB10.
    It's true love this time coming from q 10 which had no issues with at all just figured time for a larger screen. I am not a super big app guy, have everything I want as did on q 10! Yea, posting must start sometime so a warm welcome to catch22?....

Bows to crackberry!

Long live BB10 never had another device OS for a phone besides danger an rims aol pager which were all leading up to the BlackBerry we know today!
    02-26-16 01:29 PM
    Wow these posts are super depressing my Passport crapped out on me a few days ago and I wanted to start a thread but popped in here first. I remember the good old days with my pearl and curve... I think a passport with a good run time and the ability to turn Google Play Service on or off would be the ultimate device

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    02-26-16 02:17 PM
    Just go to www.blackberry.com and you will see the answer. No mention of BlackBerry devices like the Passport on the homepage. They are promoting their subsidiaries heavy. The smartphones dropdown features clip art instead of actual device images.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what website you are looking at. If I go to the official US website the phones are all there for purchase :

http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones.html

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 08:12 PM
    So, my SE is my 10th Blackberry and it seems to me that all the doomsday prognosticators are forecasting the end based on the 'inevitability' that apps will stop working.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if I don't give a crap about apps and I use the PP SE because of the Hub, PKB, form factor, battery life, etc., couldn't I just buy 3 more and be good for 6 years to come?

After that time, none of us knows what will be around.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan and TIMSHULL like this.
    02-27-16 02:34 PM
    BBRY and BB10 are hardly done. As was said in post #141 no one knows the future, and even if BBRY only puts out a new device every few years and does security patches on BB10 it will be usable for years to come. Before my Q10 I was using a Nokia E73, which is basically prehistoric in tech terms. Now, I've got a Passport in the mail and it will probably be my last smartphone until something comes along and revolutionizes the smartphone / smart comms device world.

BBRY failed due to marketing, and arrogance. They didn't take seriously the notion of apps', of a full touch screen device, or the youth. They kept marketing to the aging business pros, who little by lithe retired or moved to the new, popular iOS and Android that their kids were using.

To be perfectly honest, the only non-native non-Blackberry app I use on a daily basis is YABRB, which runs Bing Rewards searches for me and mine, resulting in $60-70 (each) in MSFT rewards annually for just hitting one button once a day. The only other apps I use on the phone are the Browser (best browser I've used on a mobile device), music app for local radio, Tune-in Radio for international stations, and a Reddit app' occasionally. Everyone complaining their banking app doesn't work, etc. just use Blackberry's Browser and move on.

I'm not a curmudgeon, but I don't have a FB account, don't use Twitter or Insta', and don't have any issues connecting with my friends and family. For me, my device needs to be stable, durable, good looking, and have a keyboard. The only company that's making that device is Blackberry.

They won't go away for good. Maybe Android is their future, maybe they'll be bought out. Maybe they'll come out with the next iPhone. Who knows? Not me. So I'll just be happy with my Passport until then.
    Last edited by jmhaines; 02-28-16 at 06:20 AM.
    02-27-16 06:57 PM
    BB10 might be d best OS but
    Unfortunately it was not widely adopted. Kinda like how ibm os2 is more superior to windows or novell os more superior to NT. Sad but we have to move on.
    02-27-16 08:07 PM
    I am keeping my se passport as long as I can, just need that runtime fix for deleting apps! It is the best phone, what makes it not cause they may abandon it? So foolishly? Only one major issue now which can be fixed by the user but with a nag screen update every few days however once BlackBerry fixes that, it's perfect!

-Catch

Posted via CB10
    If you are still having those problems, there is a thread about a new update to the android runtime. It might be the fix you are needing, do a search for it.
    It's a very recent thread so it should be easy to find. I can't post a link because I'm not cool enough yet.
    02-28-16 02:50 AM
    If you are still having those problems, there is a thread about a new update to the android runtime. It might be the fix you are needing, do a search for it.
    It's a very recent thread so it should be easy to find. I can't post a link because I'm not cool enough yet.
    Yeah, I downloaded it and all fixed, I was the one calling over and over to blackberry and the day I received a personal reply plus a phone call (actually 4 as didn't answer) back from BlackBerry it was fixed! May sound crazy but I think people confuse crackberry with blackberry and do all the complaining here versus picking up a phone. Anyway, thanks for that as nice gesture and a breath of fresh air to have some helpful unstuck up people back In the community.

-Catch
    02-28-16 03:03 AM
    If you're having issue with the update nag here is what I did that stopped it. I did this before the BBW update started working.
    I was running .2813 with the working Runtime. After a a few days I checked for updates, decided not to install. That is when the nags started. So I decided to update and install the latest OS and install the previous working Runtime. Before I did that I turned off Auto Update.
    I didn't like the latest OS to I went back to .2813. I didn't get any nags, I also updated Runtime on BBW when it started working. Still haven't received any nags because Blackberry now thinks I'm now on the latest OS update. As long as I don't check for new updates it will continue to think so and I won't get nags.
    02-28-16 04:45 AM
    If you're having issue with the update nag here is what I did that stopped it. I did this before the BBW update started working.
    I was running .2813 with the working Runtime. After a a few days I checked for updates, decided not to install. That is when the nags started. So I decided to update and install the latest OS and install the previous working Runtime. Before I did that I turned off Auto Update.
    I didn't like the latest OS to I went back to .2813. I didn't get any nags, I also updated Runtime on BBW when it started working. Still haven't received any nags because Blackberry now thinks I'm now on the latest OS update. As long as I don't check for new updates it will continue to think so and I won't get nags.
    Did the same can vouch does work but I find the new update just as fine.. No better or worse so why not I suppose!...
    02-28-16 05:45 AM
    I have enough of IPhone is missing all you need from a smartphone...
    03-10-16 04:22 PM
    BB10 might be d best OS but
    Unfortunately it was not widely adopted. Kinda like how ibm os2 is more superior to windows or novell os more superior to NT. Sad but we have to move on.
    ....and Beta video cassettes were better then VHS, the beat goes on! I will be lost the day BlackBerry os is as hard to use as the playbook is today! BB10 really truly is the best OS!

Blackberry can keep it with just minor updates and eventually a run time upgrade as well as a new BlackBerry 10 phone once a year as another person said maybe one full screen then every other year a qwerty! Could gain traction slowly as finally fully polished to throw in the towel is so sad! No!!! I will use my passport and q 10 until the wheels fall off per say! ....

Want a white Zed thirty also as love there on screen keyboard ever since side loaded it onto my Droid yoga 2 tablet! Awesome! However geez do blackberry devices hold their value! Wow! As they should.....

I heard Verizon did away with Z ten and so popular they brought it back even in 2016!!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 05:28 PM
    Wrong forum for this question.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 10:11 PM
    Blackberry can keep it with just minor updates and eventually a run time upgrade as well as a new BlackBerry 10 phone once a year as another person said maybe one full screen then every other year a qwerty!
    The runtime upgrade is not going to happen.
    You must know this, right?
    03-12-16 02:58 PM
    Ok so accepting that my passport will probably be the last bb10 OS do you think that blackberry will offer a migration for the passport from bb10 to android OS? Assuming this is technically possible. I love my passport or calculator as those at work like to call it...
    Could bb10 be compared more to Video 2000 than betamax, I had a video 2000 and it was better than vhs and betamax

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 03:43 PM
    Not with 10.3.3 and 10.4 coming. No way are they saying farewell.
    03-12-16 05:30 PM
    Not with 10.3.3 and 10.4 coming. No way are they saying farewell.
    There is no evidence that 10.4 is coming.
    Are you thinking of 10.3.4?
    03-12-16 05:47 PM
    There is no evidence that 10.4 is coming.
    Are you thinking of 10.3.4?
    It was mentioned in a news briefing and all, or in the quarterly thing for investors. I don't keep track of those things, but we have two major ones coming.
    03-12-16 05:50 PM
    It was mentioned in a news briefing and all, or in the quarterly thing for investors. I don't keep track of those things, but we have two major ones coming.
    You mean two absolutely minor ones?
    http://www.ibtimes.com/blackberry-ce...-works-2258546
    10.3.3 and 10.3.4 were promised.
    Both of these will be maintenance releases.
    10.4 would suggest new features.
    If you insist that 10.4 is coming please provide a citation.
    If you can't back your claim with facts you are just venting warm methane.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    03-12-16 05:57 PM
    The runtime upgrade is not going to happen.
    You must know this, right?
    No, I assume it but I was giving what I think they should do if possible or would need to at a minimum to keep it around for long time at cheapest cost! Wish I was psychic though as well!... I remember everybody saying blackberry was done three other times! We're you one of them?

Time will tell....

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 06:00 PM
    No, I assume it but I was giving what I think they should do if possible or would need to at a minimum to keep it around for long time at cheapest cost! Wish I was psychic though as well!... I remember everybody saying blackberry was done three other times! We're you one of them?

Time will tell....

Posted via CB10
    No but I have maintained that BB10 is dying.
    03-12-16 06:02 PM
    We were promised. 3 and. 4 however he said security stuff so HOPE they put least one major OS enhancement in each to shut folks up as I will be the first here to make them eat their words!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 06:04 PM
    Ok so accepting that my passport will probably be the last bb10 OS do you think that blackberry will offer a migration for the passport from bb10 to android OS? Assuming this is technically possible. I love my passport or calculator as those at work like to call it...
    Could bb10 be compared more to Video 2000 than betamax, I had a video 2000 and it was better than vhs and betamax

Posted via CB10
    Haha, never heard of video 2000 will look them up now though to better understand, u have got my attention! Hehe

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 06:05 PM
    Two more android phones announced, people that still are not sure about BB's future direction. This is a good hint
    04-10-16 09:42 AM
232 ... 678910