They changed their logo font without any sort of branding rollout.

BlackBerry acquires UK Company
    Professional Cybersecurity Services Practice - United States

Looks robotic and not recognizable. Why did they change the font?
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-24-16 02:21 PM
    They changed their logo font without any sort of branding rollout.

BlackBerry acquires UK Company
    Professional Cybersecurity Services Practice - United States

Looks robotic and not recognizable. Why did they change the font?
    By any chance could the name for this new font be Vienna?
    02-24-16 03:07 PM
    BlackBerry 10 isn't dead or dying, it's all you people making that stuff up. John Chen has an Android strategy, OBVIOUSLY, but has also said BlackBerry remains committed to supporting BlackBerry 10. So how about getting a grip here? How bout that!?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 03:49 PM
    Let's hope!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    02-24-16 04:04 PM
    This thread is full of Divination graduates who think they know what the future is. Devoted acolytes of Sybill Trelawney. Makes me laugh. Lotta groupthink going on here.

Y'all are about as brilliant as the sports pundits with their picks (NCAA brackets, Super Bowl victors, World Series matchups, etc.) or the political pundits who think they know who's going to win the next election.

The truth is... you don't know what's going to happen.

BlackBerry shed its marketshare YEARS ago, folks. You could argue BB lost its position and any hope of remaining a major player in the devices space before even Thorsten Heins took over. BB10 should have been introduced in 2011, not 2013. The company should not have released the PlayBook. It should have developed and released BB10 then instead. It would have made a much bigger splash and done so much for customer retention. The guys who founded the company and made it something big were the same ones who were in charge when everything fell apart. To say that Chen destroyed BB's handset business is laughable -- he barely inherited anything when he showed up!

Under Chen, BlackBerry has continued to release new devices, even though plenty of tech pundits predicted it wouldn't. I remember people around here saying the Z30 would be the last device BlackBerry would ever release. Hell, tech blogs were predicting the demise of the entire company in the fall of 2013! TechCrunch used to put up a picture of the BlackBerry logo turned sideways so it looked like a tombstone in a graveyard. They thought BB was done, done, done.

But here we are, two and a half years later. BlackBerry lives. It has come out with the Leap, the Classic, the Passport, and the Priv. The Z30 is amazingly still being sold by Verizon more than two years after being introduced because there is apparently a small but durable market for it. (At one point, VZW retired the Z30. But then they brought it back, and they apparently have no looming plans to retire it.)

Will BlackBerry come out with any more devices? I dunno. Unlike a lot of you in this thread, I don't pretend to know. I don't have a crystal ball. I can guess, speculate, and predict, I suppose, if I wished. But why should I?

BlackBerry 10 has matured to the point where even if its development has slowed, and even if it doesn't get new features, only bug fixes and security patches, it will be good enough for quite some time to come. The Android runtime certainly comes in handy for anyone who needs up-to-date apps, excluding those tied to Google Play services.

Eventually, of course, if BB10 is not updated, it will become obsolete. But it's a mature, stable OS; it can last for a while, and a lot longer than some of you seem to think, so long as receives a base level of maintenance.

BlackBerry definitely has incentive to continue maintaining BB10 for its government and security-conscious corporate customers -- those customers are not fickle consumers who care about app ecosystems and having new toys to carry around every six months.

With its purchases of companies like Good and AtHoc, BlackBerry has put down roots in the EMM segment. Enterprise software solutions, not devices, are already what analysts consider to be the company's bread and butter nowadays. There are opportunities in the IoT sphere, especially considering that IoT security is sod-all, and BlackBerry's core competency is security.

There are a certain number of people who will always want an alternative to the iOS/Android duopoly, and if BlackBerry can profitably cater to that crowd by releasing a handset or two a year, whether powered by BB10 or Android, it just might do so.

But who knows what's going to happen? NONE of you do. You don't have the ability to see into the future. You can pronounce BB10 dead if you want, but some of us will go on using it and ignore your silliness. You're just tech pundits hanging out in a forum shooting the breeze. And like pundits in any other field, your predictions are bound to be wrong a significant percentage of the time.
    I like your way of thinking. If BlackBerry did only release a phone or two a year I'd be happy!

02-24-16 04:06 PM
    BlackBerry 10 isn't dead or dying, it's all you people making that stuff up. John Chen has an Android strategy, OBVIOUSLY, but has also said BlackBerry remains committed to supporting BlackBerry 10. So how about getting a grip here? How bout that!?

Posted via CB10
    I remember this too and haven't seen anything on here but speculation since. Stick to facts from JC until he says different.

Gazza12 likes this.
    02-24-16 04:10 PM
    As far as I know JC has not committed to an updated runtime and BBW is basically dead... so....

Posted via CB10
    Motaz Bashier likes this.
    02-24-16 06:09 PM
    By any chance could the name for this new font be Vienna?
    If you mean the new BBRY font, then no, it's Engraver's Gothic. Or as I call it 90's Technorubbish. It and Bank Gothic were the Comic Sans of corporate typography. Fitting that a company with the design aesthetic of Hot Topic: Business Edition should choose it.
    02-24-16 06:20 PM
    If you mean the new BBRY font, then no, it's Engraver's Gothic. Or as I call it 90's Technorubbish. It and Bank Gothic were the Comic Sans of corporate typography. Fitting that a company with the design aesthetic of Hot Topic: Business Edition should choose it.
    Sorry, unsuccessful sarcasm.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 06:39 PM
    Sorry, unsuccessful sarcasm.

Posted via CB10
    My fault, online Asperger's.
    02-24-16 06:46 PM
    Is that a question, should be a statement, bb10 will get the windows xp treatment, only the necessary maintenance for a year or two, then we will be thanked for our past support and be left on our own, they are keeping the hardware just a bit longer to generate some cash until the software end generates more....but what do i know, thats just my 2cents
    02-25-16 10:43 AM
    Vienna no show?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 10:47 AM
    Try BBW for Runtime for android. It's working right now

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 10:50 AM
    As far as I know JC has not committed to an updated runtime and BBW is basically dead... so....

Posted via CB10
    Boo, it's starting to effect stuff as ordered scanner radio pro via Cobalts googleplay and it works but it gave me version 4.4 when folks on kit kat and above get version 6.1 so was sad to see that. How hard can it be to give us lollipop runtime which will leave us way better off for future proofing!
    02-25-16 10:50 AM
    Boo, it's starting to effect stuff as ordered scanner radio pro via Cobalts googleplay and it works but it gave me version 4.4 when folks on kit kat and above get version 6.1 so was sad to see that. How hard can it be to give us lollipop runtime which will leave us way better off for future proofing!
    Way harder than you imagine.

First hurdle is likely the OHA(open handset alliance).
    Second hurdle developer manpower.
    A sustaining team != RnD team.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    02-25-16 11:37 AM
    I am testing the Priv in our company since it appears to be the future. Well let me tell you the hardware is great and all but the Android OS is a nightmare. Its even worse than I remember of my old samsung S3. I will have to recommend we move to apple or windows devices. Android is a jumbled mess of apps and screens that make no logical sense. The multitasking is terrible as its hidden. Also, we tried to push an email profile from BES12 to the device and its a no go. WTF Blackberry? You don't support your own handset natively? I have to use Android for Work???

John Chen just killed the company when he decided to go Android. He diverted resources to the awful OS and fired all the BB10 developers. What an ****** bag. All BB10 needed was advertising.
    BlackberryFan777 likes this.
    02-25-16 11:39 AM
    Way harder than you imagine.

First hurdle is likely the OHA(open handset alliance).
    Second hurdle developer manpower.
    A sustaining team != RnD team.
    Glad somebody finally answered that although may be a tad easier with having an android department now?
    02-25-16 11:40 AM
    I am testing the Priv in our company since it appears to be the future. Well let me tell you the hardware is great and all but the Android OS is a nightmare. Its even worse than I remember of my old samsung S3. I will have to recommend we move to apple or windows devices. Android is a jumbled mess of apps and screens that make no logical sense. The multitasking is terrible as its hidden. Also, we tried to push an email profile from BES12 to the device and its a no go. WTF Blackberry? You don't support your own handset natively? I have to use Android for Work???

John Chen just killed the company when he decided to go Android. He diverted resources to the awful OS and fired all the BB10 developers. What an ****** bag. All BB10 needed was advertising.
    Yes, Apple is always the safe bet. I sense from your response that you really have not given Android a fair shot. Both Android and iOS operate more or less the same way. I have both and have no difficulties with either. Too bad that not enough Enterprise users bought into BB10 to make it a viable platform.
    02-25-16 12:00 PM
    Glad somebody finally answered that although may be a tad easier with having an android department now?
    Even if it did, which I don't think it will, it would be a second order effect.
    The OHA is the big problem.
    02-25-16 12:02 PM
    I just started with the PRIV but I can already tell it falls way short of the passport or the z30 or even the leap. Its just so.... messed up... The main issue I have is the mail issue which we will have to resolve in order to do a full evaluation. However, the navigation of the screens is a mess. Its not Blackberry's fault, its Android's fault. The multitasking is very different in BB10 than in Android. In Android, you have to go to the special screen with the dot... no swiping... Arghhh.. Also, the handset keeps heating up so I don't know what is going on. Reminds me of the Z10 when it used to do the same... Ill keep the handset for a month and then we will decide what to do. Its a shame though that BB10 came out as the iphone craze was at its peak.
    NtotheK likes this.
    02-25-16 12:23 PM
    BlackBerry is so sad these days.

Posted via Z30
    02-25-16 12:51 PM
    Blackberry did a couple of things wrong....
    Would be easier to say the couple of things that BlackBerry did right...

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 01:27 PM
    I ran the picture through Pohsotohp and you can clearly see Elvis demoing the new features in BB11.
    Of course! The competition did it because they knew that Elvis demoing BB11 would steal the show!
    02-26-16 03:26 AM
    BB10 was killed because the app market is. There are no updates (okay a few) of the major apps in a long time. In fact, most major apps are straight Android ports. This right there is the answer to what will happen to BB10. The Priv is a slow introduction to the new Blackberry handsets you can expect in the future for the consumer. BB10 will be phased out slowly. It's sad because the OS is great, but the app support just isn't there.
    02-26-16 03:55 AM
    BB10 was killed because the app market is. There are no updates (okay a few) of the major apps in a long time. In fact, most major apps are straight Android ports. This right there is the answer to what will happen to BB10. The Priv is a slow introduction to the new Blackberry handsets you can expect in the future for the consumer. BB10 will be phased out slowly. It's sad because the OS is great, but the app support just isn't there.
    On that note one of the greatest made for BlackBerry apps I ever used that stays under radar worth every damn cent, kalemsoft! Omg, that app though, that dev is a true blackberry baller, ha!...

A suggestion to your mail issue try lucid launcher pro on your priv and set the gestures like BB10 it gets you close, Close as I could Minmick it before running back to BB10!...

Also I hope you are wrong! People want BB10 not android and time goes on they will see and become software only or come fully back to us! They can't give in now BB10 I in its prime and amazing!
    02-26-16 04:44 AM
232 ... 56789 ...