BlackBerry 10 will die and out of the ashes BlackBerry 11 will rise with full Google Play features. One can dream, no?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 09:10 AM
    Why is Blackberry still promoting their bb10 devices on their site if it's farewell?
    02-23-16 09:17 AM
    Why is Blackberry still promoting their bb10 devices on their site if it's farewell?
    The playbook was still on their site for years after it was abandoned.
    02-23-16 09:27 AM
    I'm assuming they have millions of old stock in their warehouses they still need to sell is probably the reason they are still promoting BB10.
    02-23-16 09:27 AM
    I'm assuming they have millions of old stock in their warehouses they still need to sell is probably the reason they are still promoting BB10.
    I doubt that it is millions but yes their is very likely inventory in the channel and in warehouses.
    02-23-16 09:29 AM
    Nah, BBRY's not saying goodbye to BB10.......

There just going to ignore it and hope it crawls into a corner and dies quietly. This is a process they developed with the playbook and will now improve on with BB10 before releasing this perfected process on their handset business.

Thus positioning themselves as a 'software only' business - oh wait you need programmers/developers for that.....

As I said in another thread today, BBRY will soon be nothing but a crack team of lawyers chasing patent infringements.
    The day BBRY ends up being nothing more than a patent troll will be a truly sad day.
    02-23-16 09:30 AM
    All this drama over 1 picture of 1 aspect of the BlackBerry display at MWC.
    Possibly a tempest in a teacup?
    02-23-16 09:34 AM
    All these BB10 is done posts are is just fuel for a fire sale on BB10 Devices. Pathetic! Those posters should be ashamed!
    02-23-16 09:47 AM
    Here is another tweet from MWC2016 about BB -->
    02-23-16 09:47 AM
    I thought there had to be more to the picture that we were not seeing. Thanks for clearing this up.

I love my Passport and I'm not ready to give up on BlackBerry OS.

 Passport via CB10
    Amen, enough said....

Bb10 equals The Sega Dreamcast of smartphones as in it paved the way and left to rot only us chosen few see then truth and enjoyed It while we can, this time now is special!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-23-16 09:53 AM
    I agree, as that seemed to be about 10% of the space BlackBerry had. What was through that door... might have painted a little better picture.

But it sounds like BlackBerry is focused on software (and not Android software either), EMM, IoT at MWC.....
    02-23-16 09:54 AM
    Yes. A die hard BlackBerry user. But in the end BlackBerry is finally going to be gone from the front end of the telecommunications business. Can't fight the samsung/Apple/cheap android masses. The Passport is the best phone I have owned, until recently it worked flawlessly. Now it is starting to freeze up, the keyboard has no input for some android apps. The phone is starting to randomly reset. Stuff like that. I suspect it's due to the Droid apps that I am trying to run, they are getting updated, but the OS10 can't or won't play nicely. I am very sad, I love the BlackBerry security, the work space. The company can't see me, trace my stuff or do anything to my phone. I will not be allowing any corporate stuff on my new personal phone. Well rant over. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 10:08 AM
    Yes. A die hard BlackBerry user. But in the end BlackBerry is finally going to be gone from the front end of the telecommunications business. Can't fight the samsung/Apple/cheap android masses. The Passport is the best phone I have owned, until recently it worked flawlessly. Now it is starting to freeze up, the keyboard has no input for some android apps. The phone is starting to randomly reset. Stuff like that. I suspect it's due to the Droid apps that I am trying to run, they are getting updated, but the OS10 can't or won't play nicely. I am very sad, I love the BlackBerry security, the work space. The company can't see me, trace my stuff or do anything to my phone. I will not be allowing any corporate stuff on my new personal phone. Well rant over. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    It may be as just bought an SE and none of that! Did you do the runtime fix yourself Cobalts way by any chance? If you were even effected!
    02-23-16 10:11 AM
    OMG.....such a pity party. Fanaticism aside; I have proudly owned a BlackBerry Passport since the launch. It is serving me very well. If and when I need to get another mobile device, for what ever reason (lost, damage, stolen...etc), I will get another BlackBerry Passport or if it comes to it, whatever mobile device that will serve my needs as my current phone. I am not sure if people make such bleak comments because they are shallow or they fear public ridicule. Why wait??? Go where your heart is....sorry, I mean, go where you feel the safest. Just go.
    02-23-16 10:12 AM
    OMG.....such a pity party.
    02-23-16 10:25 AM
    The party started as early as Sunday.

*ME173X
    It seems you have the inside track of the event. Care to share what transpired?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 10:44 AM
    I just called blackberry and they said they are going to update MY BlackBerry i.d. to be able to download the Runtime will make separate thread shortly with number number suggest anybody afflicted should call make that noise! Yes I know even more fishy now but I made a stir and explained it very well, if your afflicted call them even if on an og from a year ago, push then to push the update as I gave then three suggestions remove the naggy bugged runtime they know of as an update for legal issues so we can sideload ourselves or fix it in bbw or release hot fix. I said bunch other stuff and they gave me a ticket said in a few hour I will be able to download it, hmm! Everybody call: 1-866-957-0761 and get a ticket for same issue. I had the guy stuttering can I share this onto the 78 thread easily in allot of pain today but this will be our best shot. I said hello, is th the janitors closet when he first answered! Hah...

PS: he does not know of crackberry, haha. Sure he does...

PPS: this is only semi off topic if u think about it as proves there is still life! Call now, press 8!

Please somebody help me out here and quote this post this to 78 thread as well as SE 36 buggy runtime thread as I an truly in that much pain and do not want to rewrite it all. Will keep it update and be back shortly.

CatchTwentyTwo
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    02-23-16 11:09 AM
    BlackBerry 10 will die and out of the ashes BlackBerry 11 will rise with full Google Play features. One can dream, no?

Posted via CB10
    I do wonder if a rebranding of the OS would have changed things at all when chen came onboard.
    02-23-16 11:28 AM
    All Blackberries fault....they should have put the marketing into the Passport and OS 10 as they have the crap Priv.
    BlackBerry deserves everything it's getting!!

Blackberry Passport
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-23-16 12:00 PM
    Just go to www.blackberry.com and you will see the answer. No mention of BlackBerry devices like the Passport on the homepage. They are promoting their subsidiaries heavy. The smartphones dropdown features clip art instead of actual device images.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-16 12:04 PM
    No one has mentioned this but that photo looks photo shopped to blot out images in the booth. Can the poster prove it isn't?
    02-23-16 12:33 PM
    I do wonder if a rebranding of the OS would have changed things at all when chen came onboard.
    Nobody cares about name of os, it's not like anyone outside of os7 user even new what it was to begin with or now. It's just called blackberry...

The problem was never the os name, it was bad devices like thenz10 and classic to big and way way to late and above all else, big apps not being supported natively. I still hate running android apps or whatever it's called when someone develops a app to access the iOS variant.

Blackberry os10 like os7 died cause of lack of native apps. Period. I still for the life of me don't get why they just never paid and or convinced the iOS app guys to do a bb10 variant. The millions it would have cost would be peanuts compared to the lost sales and revenue... Either way. It is and continues to be frustrating dealing with android crap in my q10... It irks me every day... It's good it's an option that wasn't there before but just a bad bad aid and I can imagine sooner then later this android thing will stop working and I'll be stuck just like my gf bold lack of GPS options when bb cut BBTraffic .. She won't get a classic because they cut her traffic off in os7.. Stupid stupid stupid bb move and now she's waiting to see of apple does launch a small iphone6 variant like rumors suggest and she'll just go with that and me too probably..

Screw them.. They don't give a rats arse about bb users... I have no idea where they are going and they don't care to appease the old users or even current ones by launching new devices with both os options... She would have considered a priv if it was os10... But we're tired of a dumb company who just keeps making even dumber decision each quarter.
    02-23-16 02:01 PM
    That's the CEO.
    02-23-16 02:10 PM
    No one has mentioned this but that photo looks photo shopped to blot out images in the booth. Can the poster prove it isn't?
    So your hypothesis is that there are all sorts of goodies (multi-colored handsets, Formula 1 swag, cases, etc.) in the MWC BlackBerry booth but someone photoshopped them out and left only the Android Robot to make it look barren?
    JeepBB and nappalonia like this.
    02-23-16 02:43 PM
    Blackberry did a couple of things wrong....
    1. Marketing.....where?
    2. BB10 on low spec devices. Camera always sucked. And the Camera was most important feature on a phone for consumer.
    3. Android on a great device. (I have a Priv...nice hardware. But make no mistake, BB10 was way better.) If you produce an Android phone...needs to be the best Android phone...not 3rd or 4th....not at that price.

What could have been if they produced a good phone with a great OS....AT THE SAME TIME?????

Like Blackberry phones.....I am finished.
    02-23-16 03:38 PM
232 ... 34567 ...