Dont get me wrong im just asking. The Q30 will get the quad core 2.1ghz snapdragon 800 same as the SGN 3.

Thats good enough for anything no? No tool belt though.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    I like those specs just fine, but it'll have a gimmicky 3-row keyboard and no toolbelt. Thus why I said I am hoping for the Q20 to also have good internal specs...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-21-14 06:21 PM
    I like those specs just fine, but it'll have a gimmicky 3-row keyboard and no toolbelt. Thus why I said I am hoping for the Q20 to also have good internal specs...

It could be the best keyboard ever built for all we know. People will need to get it on hand to see for themselves.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-21-14 06:26 PM
    It could be the best keyboard ever built for all we know. People will need to get it on hand to see for themselves.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    No thanks, it's a different configuration than the keyboard I have on my home PC, I have absolutely 0 desire to relearn the keyboard just to screw myself up when I get home to my PC and have 0 desire to have to swipe and gesture just to see the numbers and symbols my keyboard already shows without any extra effort or steps. If it turns out to be a great keyboard for you or others, then *claps* congrats to you, I'm happy for you. For me, I wish the Q20 will have a toolbelt and a standard keyboard and great internal specs. Thanks.

05-21-14 06:38 PM
    No thanks, it's a different configuration than the keyboard I have on my home PC, I have absolutely 0 desire to relearn the keyboard just to screw myself up when I get home to my PC and have 0 desire to have to swipe and gesture just to see the numbers and symbols my keyboard already shows without any extra effort or steps. If it turns out to be a great keyboard for you or others, then *claps* congrats to you, I'm happy for you. For me, I wish the Q20 will have a toolbelt and a standard keyboard and great internal specs. Thanks.

Come on now, its not like the letters are in a different order. Phone keyboards are for thumb typing. You don't don't thumb type on a PC keyboard. I do understand your argument about extra steps for symbols and numbers, but it is unknown to us right now how exactly this will work.
    05-21-14 06:56 PM

I agree, a different keyboard configuration isn't good... you will find yourself clicking the wrong keys on your home PC, Although i don't mind swipe to see some of the symbols, i don't think it's wise to remove the printed numbers and symbols that we already have but i'm curious on how they ended up doing this capacitive touch keyboard.

I don't aprove that space bar placed between "v" and "b", take it off!
    05-21-14 07:34 PM
    Come on now, its not like the letters are in a different order. Phone keyboards are for thumb typing. You don't don't thumb type on a PC keyboard. I do understand your argument about extra steps for symbols and numbers, but it is unknown to us right now how exactly this will work.
    It's not always about that. You get used to where the keys are in relation to each other, and while the keys are not in a different order, since the space bar is between the V and B, now the two halves of the bottom row are pushed outward and won't correspond to the same other keys like they used to...

05-21-14 08:36 PM
    I agree, a different keyboard configuration isn't good... you will find yourself clicking the wrong keys on your home PC, Although i don't mind swipe to see some of the symbols, i don't think it's wise to remove the printed numbers and symbols that we already have but i'm curious on how they ended up doing this capacitive touch keyboard.

I don't aprove that space bar placed between "v" and "b", take it off!
    I agree with you, I don't mind the swiping to see the extra symbols, like the ones you need to press the "sym" key to see, but to me, removing the common ones from being printed on the keyboard is a step backwards. I won't mind gestures in the keyboard as long as it ADDs to it, not take some away and add some back...

JCMM likes this.
    05-21-14 08:37 PM
    Samsung has some top notch products.

BlackBerry has devices that over promised and under delivered. And I don't need to ask anyone because I AM a user of said BlackBerry devices.

Marketing the mediocre BlackBerry devices would be a waste. First they need to release an industry leading device.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Actually, in my experience, Samsung has some really crappy products. I had issues with every one of them I owned. One had to be sent in for repairs twice. Very inconvenient.

Fed up, I switched to bb last year and have been happy since with no issues.
    05-21-14 09:12 PM
    Actually, in my experience, Samsung has some really crappy products. I had issues with every one of them I owned. One had to be sent in for repairs twice. Very inconvenient.

I wouldn't say crappy, I think every phone will have a chance of a defect every now and then. But now that you've mentioned it, out of my 4 friends who specifically own Samsung phones, 3 of them have had to send theirs in for repair or replacement... Two for camera issues (brother and sister too, what a coinkidink, lol) where one's flash wouldn't work, and the other the camera wouldn't focus (I actually swapped out the camera module so that now the phone that was still under warranty had a defective flash, AND camera won't focus, lol), and the third person his GPS stopped responding. Funny though, the 4th haven't had to send his in, but he's actually stated that his GPS will have trouble locking on unless he has wifi turned on. It doesn't have to be receiving wifi service, just for the function to be turned on. I thought it was weird but he told me that it's actually a common issue with that phone (Samsung Note 2) and that's a simple work-around...

Edit: I do appreciate that they use standard Phillips screws though. I kind of hate that I need some odd sized torx bits to work on BlackBerry phones...
    05-21-14 09:28 PM
    Blackberry announce the phone already! Haha kidding

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 09:39 PM

The only thing I love is their TV's. You can't complain about those though

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 11:03 AM

Some of their products are good and some might not. Overall they must be decent or people wouldn't be buying them. They aren't for me, but they can't all be terrible.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-22-14 12:02 PM
    The only thing I love is their TV's. You can't complain about those though

Posted via CB10
    This is true. When it comes to computer monitors, I thought View sonic was the way to go. Then, I picked up a Samsung monitor, had them side by side to check the quality. Samsung blew the View Sonic out of the water.
    05-22-14 02:42 PM
    This is true. When it comes to computer monitors, I thought View sonic was the way to go. Then, I picked up a Samsung monitor, had them side by side to check the quality. Samsung blew the View Sonic out of the water.
    I also had a Samsung monitor before I got this Asus, which is amazing good btw. But the Samsung monitor was good too.

05-22-14 03:12 PM
    Guys stop whining about the keyboard, we will get used to it and we will love it!

Instead think about general Internet browsing on that massive square screen!! It will be awesome, no m.xxx.com pages, full www.xxx.com in grand perfection!!

It will be awesome!! And think about all those APKS on the Q10, half cut because of format ratio, we will have all apps on 4:3 ratio, and they will look terrific!!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 02:33 PM
    Guys stop whining about the keyboard, we will get used to it and we will love it!

Instead think about general Internet browsing on that massive square screen!! It will be awesome, no m.xxx.com pages, full www.xxx.com in grand perfection!!

It will be awesome!! And think about all those APKS on the Q10, half cut because of format ratio, we will have all apps on 4:3 ratio, and they will look terrific!!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I keep forgetting that you speak for all of us. Thanks for reminding me. :-)

05-23-14 03:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    No matter how you watch it.. 1:1, 4:3 or 16:9 , XXX is always nice

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    05-23-14 03:46 PM
    Where's my Z50 ?

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    05-23-14 06:27 PM
    Nope its not the reason blackberry is having issues. Yes they haven't spent smartly on marketing but it's a actually about not offer in an advantage over any other product. It doesn't look better then other phones it doesn't offer a performance advantage or unique user advantage. Then it gets down to the big boys. So it doesn't offer better performance or styling and the price is similar. Then you start comparing devices and since it really isn't a better device then apple or Samsung people will just stick with a known then an unknown..in other words do you want number one or just the one that's in a tie for 4th orfifth place? You know the answer to that question and so does Motorola,HTC,lg, huwei, Sony etc, et, etc. So that's why blackberry slides down the list. No compelling reason to own one except die hard personal preference. Until that conversation changes the slide will continue.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-23-14 11:17 PM
    Nope its not the reason blackberry is having issues. Yes they haven't spent smartly on marketing but it's a actually about not offer in an advantage over any other product. It doesn't look better then other phones it doesn't offer a performance advantage or unique user advantage. Then it gets down to the big boys. So it doesn't offer better performance or styling and the price is similar. Then you start comparing devices and since it really isn't a better device then apple or Samsung people will just stick with a known then an unknown..in other words do you want number one or just the one that's in a tie for 4th orfifth place? You know the answer to that question and so does Motorola,HTC,lg, huwei, Sony etc, et, etc. So that's why blackberry slides down the list. No compelling reason to own one except die hard personal preference. Until that conversation changes the slide will continue.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Well, unlike the 99% of the population, I've actually tried every platform and gave them all a fair chance and chose to use a BB. Why? First, I hate typing on glass, I hate relying on something other than my own brain to get correct spelling and grammar. So something I can type ACCURATELY on is more important than media consumption, and there are no good Androids with a keyboard...

I also love how to make a phone call all I have to do is longpress a key on my keyboard and the call is going out. I remember someone boasting to me about how the Android call app has the contact list built in... Sorry, are we in the 1990's?? I don't even know what a "contact list" is because I NEVER have to open it. I long press a key to make a phone call, from the home screen, no need to open the phone call app, no need to search this mythical "contact list." If I need to text someone or email someone, from the homescreen without needing to touch any icon, no need to open any app, I simply start to type the person's name and when I see the correct result, touch the person's name/picture. Or I can just type "email bob" and it'll be in an email with bob's address already filled in. Or "text bob" and I'll be writing my text. Or how if I want to post a status update to my facebook, I simply start typing "fb Hi, I like cheese." and I've posted that on my facebook. Opening the facebook app is something that rarely happens.

I also love the hub, I get all of my notifications there and can respond to them from there too. Opening apps? Switching apps? I don't even understand what that means anymore...

The HDMI out has saved my **** a hundred times already as well, which is a nice feature. And I like that my Q10 has a steel frame, stainless steel frets, and a battery door material that's about as strong as fibreglass, which is much stronger than plastic. Not to mention, just feels and looks better than a slab of glass sitting in a plastic shell.

But that's just me. Obviously if you care about watching movies on your "huge" 5" screen (I prefer my 40" at home over any size mobile screen, thanks), and you care about having a million apps to do what your phone should have been able to do in the first place, then the Q10 is a terrible choice for you.

But that's the difference between you and I. I recognize that my preferences are not the gold standard. I don't feel like saying how because current Android phones don't offer what I personally desire in a phone, that it means it doesn't offer anything for anyone else... I actually recommend Android to quite a few people if that is the type of phone that would suit them. I even recommend iphones to those that would benefit from their simplicity. It's too bad my level of objective way of viewing things is a rare thing to find. You represent the majority who simply judge everything based on your own preferences... So hey, congrats on that, you belong to the big crowds, you should be so proud of yourself... :-)

toneytone likes this.
    05-23-14 11:49 PM
    slagman5 i agree with you in so many aspects, while ago when there was only one BlackBerry touch device, the Z10 a friend called me asking for an advice on what smartphone he should buy. He told me "i'm standing in the store and i don't know what to pick, should i pick the S4, HTC One, Iphone, Xperia or the BlackBerry. I told him "if it was me i would choose the Z10, but it depends on what you need on a phone".

At the time i was still rocking a 9900 but i was aware that we could somehow put android apps on BB10, i asked him "what you intend to do with your phone, what are your priorities? If your priority is comunications then go for the Z10, if you really like games and apps go for the Iphone, all you need is a jailbreak and good to go and finally if you like the android system and yet have all those apps out there go for the HTC one".
    He made a lot of questions about the jailbreak thing that i couldn't answer but i always told him, "that must be really easy to do because everyone i know who own an iphone has done it", he didn't like that he has to do extra steps just to get certain things and he praticly discarded the iphone. The race was now between BB10 and Android. I asked him, "what phone feels better in your hand and what system are you enjoying so far", he answers "i kind like the BlackBerry, but i don't to be limited on Apps", i told him "go for the HTC One than, please don't pick that stupid Samsung phone that we see 24/7 advertised on TV".
    I did my job, was time to decide by his own, he hangs the phone and he calls me 10 minutes later "I bought the S4"...

I was like... Do you listened any word i said? Then i asked "WHY?" he answers "bigger screen and better specs"...

In the end he gets the trending S4 because it's all over advertised and everybody was getting one... But trust me, after he saw BB10 in action on my Q10 his next phone is going to be a BlackBerry that's for sure.

All this just to say that no matter what, if people are't familiar with a brand and his platform they will always go with the big crowd. Everyone on the planet knows the BlackBerry brand, what they don't know is the all new world that is BB10 and that is what they need to work.

PS: I hate typing on glass but i need i bigger screen than this 3.1 on the Q10, that's why i'm so concerned about how the keyboard is going to be on the Q30
    Last edited by JCMM; 05-24-14 at 04:41 AM.
    05-24-14 04:29 AM
    slagman5 i agree with you in so many aspects, while ago when there was only one BlackBerry touch device, the Z10 a friend called me asking for an advice on what smartphone he should buy. He told me "i'm standing in the store and i don't know what to pick, should i pick the S4, HTC One, Iphone, Xperia or the BlackBerry. I told him "if it was me i would choose the Z10, but it depends on what you need on a phone".

At the time i was still rocking a 9900 but i was aware that we could somehow put android apps on BB10, i asked him "what you intend to do with your phone, what are your priorities? If your priority is comunications then go for the Z10, if you really like games and apps go for the Iphone, all you need is a jailbreak and good to go and finally if you like the android system and yet have all those apps out there go for the HTC one".
    He made a lot of questions about the jailbreak thing that i couldn't answer but i always told him, "that must be really easy to do because everyone i know who own an iphone has done it", he didn't like that he has to do extra steps just to get certain things and he praticly discarded the iphone. The race was now between BB10 and Android. I asked him, "what phone feels better in your hand and what system are you enjoying so far", he answers "i kind like the BlackBerry, but i don't to be limited on Apps", i told him "go for the HTC One than, please don't pick that stupid Samsung phone that we see 24/7 advertised on TV".
    I did my job, was time to decide by his own, he hangs the phone and he calls me 10 minutes later "I bought the S4"...

I was like... Do you listened any word i said? Then i asked "WHY?" he answers "bigger screen and better specs"...

In the end he gets the trending S4 because it's all over advertised and everybody was getting one... But trust me, after he saw BB10 in action on my Q10 his next phone is going to be a BlackBerry that's for sure.

All this just to say that no matter what, if people are't familiar with a brand and his platform they will always go with the big crowd. Everyone on the planet knows the BlackBerry brand, what they don't know is the all new world that is BB10 and that is what they need to work.

PS: I hate typing on glass but i need i bigger screen than this 3.1 on the Q10, that's why i'm so concerned about how the keyboard is going to be on the Q30
    Your friend actually is already a minority in this. He even considered alternatives and actually cited specs as to his decision. I know so many people who have no clue which phone has better specs that chooses whatever's the latest Samsung simply because "it's the phone on the commercials that they say can do all these cool things" and then my favorite part: "this is the cool phone to have, the sales person told me it's the most popular phone to have." Like really? That even matters??? Yes, as pathetic as it sounds, that's the response I get from like 9 out of 10 friends who end up with a Samsung phone.

But hey, marketing doesn't make a big difference according to some people. It's merely a "coincidence" that the company that pays the most money in advertising is the leading company in sales now... I don't get why companies waste their money on that, apparently you build a good product and it sells itself. Good products never sell poorly ever right? And bad products never outsell other products right? LOL, sorry for the sarcasm, I find it funny that people actually think that...

05-24-14 09:55 AM
    There you go, here's is the Q10 side by side with the Q30, the new resolution looks good:

BlackBerry Q30 Launching sooner then we thought?-q10-30-2.png
    05-24-14 12:55 PM
    That Q30 would really work for me. That's pretty much my ideal form factor.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    05-24-14 12:59 PM
    There you go, here's is the Q10 side by side with the Q30, the new resolution looks good:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q10-30 2.png 
Views:	2405 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	273360
    that would be the logical 4 rows evolution of the Q10.
    I love that wide screen!
    05-24-14 01:05 PM
138 ... 3456