I don't know if you guys saw the message posted today about OS 10.3 and 10.3.1

10.3 will launch for the new hardware (Quad-core) and 10.3.1 will launch for current devices AND the Classic (Dual-core) so this would mean the Q30 would launch before the Q20 (Classic). Which is scheduled for November.

We might see the Q30 sooner then we thought it would. Maby a August/September release?

I hope this isn't already on another thread. If so, I am sorry and remove this thread mods!

Thanks for reading guys!

BlackBerry Q30 Launching sooner then we thought?-crackberry-image-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai, bnortey and Mr4aces like this.
    05-14-14 06:54 PM
    not sure that is "sooner" than we thought but yes end of summer early fall release seems likely
    05-14-14 07:02 PM
    not sure that is "sooner" than we thought but yes end of summer early fall release seems likely
    Wasn't our first thought that the Q20 would release before the Q30?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 07:06 PM
    Wasn't our first thought that the Q20 would release before the Q30?

Posted via CB10
    Most of us thought that mainly due to the fact it was confirmed first. Looks like the delay of implementing the tool belt and OS10 is the main reason for the delay. Personally I'm happy cause I'm looking forward to returning back to a qwerty. The Q10 just didn't cut it for me.

Posted via Z30
    05-15-14 07:21 AM
    This news is a pleasant surprise and I can't wait to lay my hands on this BEAST.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 07:28 AM
    This news is a pleasant surprise and I can't wait to lay my hands on this BEAST.

Posted via CB10
    Same here buddy!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:03 PM
    Most of us thought that mainly due to the fact it was confirmed first. Looks like the delay of implementing the tool belt and OS10 is the main reason for the delay. Personally I'm happy cause I'm looking forward to returning back to a qwerty. The Q10 just didn't cut it for me.

Posted via Z30
    That's exactly what I was thinking!

Although I am very curious about the successor of the Z30 too. This is going to be the hardest decision ever!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:05 PM
    What will the Q30 kinda look like? I forgot all about this upcoming BB
    05-15-14 12:08 PM
    Too bad it'll combine the worst part of having a physical keyboard (shorter screen) and the worst part of having a virtual keyboard (requiring extra steps to see symbols). Worst of both worlds... We can only hope to get top-notch internal specs in the Classic to have the best of both worlds. But I have a hunch we'll all get screwed on this. Oh well.
    05-16-14 03:47 AM
    Too bad it'll combine the worst part of having a physical keyboard (shorter screen) and the worst part of having a virtual keyboard (requiring extra steps to see symbols). Worst of both worlds... We can only hope to get top-notch internal specs in the Classic to have the best of both worlds. But I have a hunch we'll all get screwed on this. Oh well.
    Well, you forgot that it also has the best of both worlds. Big 4.5" screen is not a small screen (not that you said it was small), 4.5" is bigger than the Z10 screen. It does have a physical keyboard, just like the Q10, Q5, Bold, Curve etc. its just that its a NEW way of doing stuff.

In my opinion, this would (could) be the BEST of both worlds. Big screen and a keyboard. Cannot wait to check it out.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    05-16-14 09:06 AM
    Can you please explain what you mean by extra steps to see symbols?

How can "we'll all get screwed in this" when your not buying a keyboard phone anyway?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-16-14 09:35 AM
    Where's my Z50 ? :-)

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    matt0135 likes this.
    05-16-14 09:45 AM
    Well, you forgot that it also has the best of both worlds. Big 4.5" screen is not a small screen (not that you said it was small), 4.5" is bigger than the Z10 screen. It does have a physical keyboard, just like the Q10, Q5, Bold, Curve etc. its just that its a NEW way of doing stuff.

In my opinion, this would (could) be the BEST of both worlds. Big screen and a keyboard. Cannot wait to check it out.
    Not really, 4.5" is the diagonal length. It still won't be as long or tall as phones with a 16:9 aspect ratio so it'll still be worse than all-touch phones at media consumption. And it won't have a keyboard "like" the Q10, Q5, or Bold. It'll have a short 3-row keyboard with an extra narrow space bar crammed between the V and B button, so now space will be a small button like the rest of them, and to further save space, keys like the shift, alt, and sym buttons are gone, so good luck if you're typing things that contain anything other than standard letter. Capitalizing whole words for emphasis, multiple symbols in a row, etc... And to further add to it, the symbols won't be printed on the keyboard, so you'll need to swipe on it just to see them, so I hope you got all of them memorized to which letter they go to or else now you'll have to spend the extra time to swipe, look, find, then press...

The funny thing is, I've been saying that they should put gestures into the keyboard, but not at all by gimping it first and requiring the gestures as a crutch to try to get some of the function back... If they would have made a full keyboard like in the current Q's and Bold, but add gestures on top of that, that would be awesome. I was thinking of things like swipe left from the delete key would delete the whole sentence (since holding it already would delete whole words), swiping left or right from the space bar will perform other functions like maybe move the curser to the beginning of the sentence or end of the sentence, or other things, and with the extra symbol screen open swiping on the keyboard will switch pages. But the standard symbols definitely need to remain printed on the keyboard for quick access...

I'm just hoping that this "new" keyboard won't become the norm. Hopefully they have a high-end device coming out with the standard keyboard as well. Have both as an option to satisfy those of you who think that is a "cool" idea and those like me who prefer the standard keyboard layout...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-16-14 01:09 PM
    Can you please explain what you mean by extra steps to see symbols?

How can "we'll all get screwed in this" when your not buying a keyboard phone anyway?

Right now, you see the standard and commonly used symbols on the keyboard, so while you're typing if you know you're going to need a symbol soon you can glance at your keyboard and find where that symbol is while you're still typing to quickly get access to it when you need it. This new 3-row keyboard, at least from photos of it, have nothing but the letters printed on them. No symbols, no numbers, just the 26 letters. You have to swipe first just to see them. So unless you have all of them memorized to where they go, you'll not only have to swipe first to see them, but now you have to factor in the time it takes for you to search for the symbol, find it, then press the right key. And hopefully you don't need more than one symbol at a time or you'll have to repeat that process again and again...

And where did I say I am not buying a keyboard phone? That's practically the ONLY reason why I'm with BB, because they make the best keyboard phones. I hate typing on glass and I hate all of the little extra steps required with virtual keyboards, such as needing to swipe on it or press a button just to see the standard commonly used symbols... But now that's coming to a physical keyboard, yay... If they gimp the keyboard, then there won't be much of a reason for me to stay with BB... I'm hoping that this "new" keyboard will only be on some of the devices and they will still release devices with high-end internals with the regular keyboard...

05-16-14 01:17 PM
    Sorry did not know you were referring to a 3 row keyboard. I dont "think" it will be 3 row. If it is not a ergonomic curved 9900 keyboard. I agree anf won't buy it either. I will just use my 9900 for another 3 years and replace any worn parts myself.

Again sorry thought you were a touch guy. We're in the same boat.

Why keep your 9900 and not upgrade to a Q20. It will have a larger screen than your 9900, be equipped with OS10 and come with a warranty lol

Posted via Z30
    05-16-14 06:46 PM
    Why keep your 9900 and not upgrade to a Q20. It will have a larger screen than your 9900, be equipped with OS10 and come with a warranty lol

Posted via Z30
    I have gotten used to the straight keyboard, but a lot of people still prefer the curved keyboard. Honestly, I understand, it took me a while to get good at the straight keyboard but I was blazing through sentences when I first got the Bold... Not sure if I'm as fast as I was with the curved keyboard, but I know I was pretty darn fast with that back then. But I agree, I think you should consider the Q20. That one should have a standard keyboard, and it should, at the very least, be as fast as the Q10 in terms of internal specs. I'm hoping it'll be top-end like the Q30 is supposed to be...

05-16-14 07:03 PM
    I "think" the keyboard will be curved only because the track pad is bigger and it will take up too much screen space with a straight keyboard. Dig your 9900 out and look at it again. Now hold it with 2 hands, small fingers under the bottom bezel and the other fingers behind the phone. Now type you will see what I mean. Beside on a 3 row keyboard where are the numbers going? You can't put them on the qwertyuiop row because you would need 2 alt keys, 1 on eaxh side of the keyboard. The numbers on the 9900 are placed in the adding machine format

I don't think it will happen.
    You are thinking about the Q20. The Q30 won't have a trackpad or the buttons. It'll have a really fat and tall square screen and a tiny little 3-row keyboard with NOTHING but the letters printed on the keyboard, no, not even the numbers... No shift key, no alt key, no sym key, and the space bar is this tiny little button squeezed between the V and B key...

05-16-14 07:54 PM
    You are thinking about the Q20. The Q30 won't have a trackpad or the buttons. It'll have a really fat and tall square screen and a tiny little 3-row keyboard with NOTHING but the letters printed on the keyboard, no, not even the numbers... No shift key, no alt key, no sym key, and the space bar is this tiny little button squeezed between the V and B key...

My bad.
    05-16-14 08:15 PM

maybe.
    05-16-14 11:16 PM
    It will be interesting to see how that phones works out for BlackBerry. I think this emphasis on keyboards is going to be a disaster for BlackBerry.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    05-17-14 11:21 AM
    It will be interesting to see how that phones works out for BlackBerry. I think this emphasis on keyboards is going to be a disaster for BlackBerry.

Really? You think the company that made a name for its self by making keyboard phones is making a mistake, by make a phone with a keyboard?
    05-17-14 04:52 PM
    Really? You think the company that made a name for its self by making keyboard phones is making a mistake, by make a phone with a keyboard?
    Well, you can argue both ways. You can argue that the "cool" thing now is all-touchscreens. So despite what is more efficient, that's what the market wants. Then you can argue that if BB merely copies them and doesn't differentiate itself, there's no real reason for anyone to pick BB over Apple or Android since you'd be giving up huge app libraries to do so...

paulo_mealha and bigjman like this.
    05-17-14 05:03 PM
    It's too soon to draw any conclusions about the Q30 keyboard. All we've seen is a photo of an alpha device, which may be a very rough draft of the final product.

Also, the square 4.5" screen isn't so bad for media consumption, unless by "media" you only mean video. Even for that, the actual video size won't be much smaller than the screen of an iPhone 4, which people still watch video on. But "media" also includes photos and ebooks, which should be fine.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    05-17-14 05:15 PM
    If keyboards are the key to success for BlackBerry, why are they in trouble now?

Last edited by crazigee; 05-17-14 at 06:21 PM.
    05-17-14 05:45 PM
    Of keyboards are the key to success for BlackBerry, why are they in trouble now?

lack of specs and marketing.
    05-17-14 05:51 PM
138 123 ...