Should I be concerned about this before buying an used device? Thanks.
    08-27-15 03:11 AM
    Yes. It has to be turned off by the previous owner if it runs 10.3.2.xxx. If it isn't then it's bricked for you. Unless you know his bbid and password.
    Which I highly/seriously doubt.

Posted via my STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return
    08-27-15 03:24 AM
    Not sure if this is the norm with BlackBerry Protect or not, but I was using a Verizon Z30 and ended up gifting it to my sister as an upgrade to her Z10. I wiped the device from the phone using the security wipe option, the welcome screen appeared, and she entered her BBID and was on her way

I kept checking back with her and she was using it for months when I logged on to my BlackBerry Protect account and noticed the PIN and Verizon Z30 picture. I left it on there for months as I was planning to prank her when she came over, but never ended up doing that (BTW, we have a great relationship and it would be jokingly... although I could have wiped the thing or even locked it out now).

From this experience, the device stayed on my BlackBerry Protect as I was the original owner. Seemed odd since I wiped it and put in my password to do it then she signed in herself, but it was there.

Posted via CB10
    Tessoro Desoto likes this.
    08-27-15 07:03 AM
    So it is usable unless the original owner goes to blackberry protect and locks it?
    Logged into my blackberry protect and there were three devices I had already used in the past. One of them requested my bb sign in info when I wiped it and attempted to reuse. Thanks guys.
    08-27-15 07:11 AM
    Btw I was having standby overnight battery drain of 3%-5% and now that I removed the device from blackberry protect that drainage is gone
    08-27-15 07:13 AM
    So it is usable unless the original owner goes to blackberry protect and locks it?
    Logged into my blackberry protect and there were three devices I had already used in the past. One of them requested my bb sign in info when I wiped it and attempted to reuse. Thanks guys.
    No. When you get it, register the device to your BlackBerry Protect. Then it's going to be yours.
    What I mentioned before about making sure that the previous owner disables the BlackBerry Protect before wiping, is valid for devices running 10.3.2.xxx.

Posted via my STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return
    08-27-15 08:10 AM