Dear BlackBerry, Please add Theme support in upcoming 10.3.2 OS. BlackBerry 10 user also deserve to change icons and looks of their devices.
    05-01-15 01:57 PM
    Lol, we already know what is coming in 10.3.2 and Theme Support isn't one, and they just added Application Specific Theme Support in 10.3.0, they won't add OS Theme Support
    05-01-15 02:11 PM
    While I'd love theme support in Blackberry 10, I at least hope that a Dark Theme Hub will be made available on the Passport.
    Trauma Surgeon and kekos like this.
    05-01-15 07:57 PM
    Second to dark theme hub

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon and kekos like this.
    05-01-15 08:28 PM
    People have wanted the dark hub for yonks but for some reason it never happens

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 09:53 PM
    Dear BlackBerry, Please add Theme support in upcoming 10.3.2 OS. BlackBerry 10 user also deserve to change icons and looks of their devices.
    Yes. Theme support was really cool till OS 7. Customisation is what is missing. It will complete this beautiful BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 12:07 AM
    I'm much a fan of themes. I like a clean consistent look all around an OS. I personally think Android customization is a mess. Themes just makes an OS less efficient.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 12:13 AM
    I'm not much a fan of themes. I like a clean consistent look all around an OS. I personally think Android customization is a mess. Themes just makes an OS less efficient.
    Agreed. However, the compatibility should be there so that users who want it can install third-party packs. At least the 'Themes' developers would have something to work on. It would also give way to spam apps.

These threads with 'BlackBerry Pls add....' always end this way - I want, I don't want, options are good 😁
    thymaster likes this.
    05-02-15 12:42 AM
    What's wrong with the default theme? Do you want to make your device look like android?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 02:23 AM
    Don't need it. This is unnecessary bloat to the OS.

However a Dark Theme OPTION to the Hub would be most excellent. Use it all day long.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 02:54 AM
    i did like been able to load different themes on my 9900 ...................
    05-02-15 03:23 AM
    Tbh this is one of the things I miss about BBOS, in fact it's why I've kept my 9810 all this time: so that when I miss themes and want to take kind of a social media break, I can just use good ol' OS7 I really wish they'd bring themes back but it looks like BlackBerry users don't really care for them anymore...

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    Abrar0z likes this.
    05-02-15 06:16 AM
    Give me themes! Give us choices.

Black is back, baby. Via my Z30
    Abrar0z likes this.
    05-03-15 11:14 AM
    No themes Blackberry. Utter waste of CPU cycles.

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK likes this.
    05-03-15 02:26 PM
    Ya no themes please. Not needed for an enterprise/productivity tool. Don't forget BlackBerry is no longer in the consumer space.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-03-15 02:40 PM
    Black color is all I want nothing more nothing less. This is why I like my Q10 vs the Z10 Black color scheme through out the OS please

"Correct me grammar fascists! I'm ready!"
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-04-15 11:36 AM
    What's wrong with the default theme? Do you want to make your device look like android?

Posted via CB10
    Aesthetically, BB10 is very inconsistent. It's as if someone said "Flat design is in; make it flat!", but they selectively made some elements flat, and for some reason kept shadows and gradients in other areas. Functionally, it's great. However, from a design standpoint, it's way behind the many flavors of Android (Sense, Flyme, and even default Android 5.0). And, no, being a business device does not mean the user interface shouldn't look nice.

A lot of people around here love using "enterprise" as an excuse for a lack of basic features. Saying "no, thanks" to possible features because it would somehow make a BlackBerry less of a business device makes no sense at all and contributes to how some forums and tech sites see Crackberry members as deluded fanboys. BB10 isn't perfect, and pointing out flaws doesn't warrant comments to the effect of "Why don't you go to Android, then?".
    05-04-15 02:38 PM
    Please no theme options. That is just a waste of code, with no functional benefit to the customer.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 02:54 PM
    Perhaps the definition of "theme" should be expanded on, because to me it appears unclear.

There are those who are advocating for themes and those who are dead set against it.

If "themes" implies Android-style launchers, ugly icons and hideous fonts...I fully agree that Blackberry should stay away from that period.

If "themes" implies the ability to choose between a completely uniform dark color scheme or white color scheme for the phone, then in this case I support the addition of theme options to the software.

On the Passport, you can apply a dark theme to BBM, Contacts, Calendar, and Calculator, but everything else remains white. I think that there should be an option to allow for total uniformity of color throughout the device. The Q10 with its nearly dark interface is very easy on the eyes and quite legible.

The fact that the Hub, the centerpiece of BB10, does not have a dark option yet even though other functions within the phone do is quite frankly a huge oversight.

-- Passport, VMO, Toronto CA
    Trauma Surgeon and Abrar0z like this.
    05-04-15 04:32 PM
    Aesthetically, BB10 is very inconsistent. It's as if someone said "Flat design is in; make it flat!", but they selectively made some elements flat, and for some reason kept shadows and gradients in other areas. Functionally, it's great. However, from a design standpoint, it's way behind the many flavors of Android (Sense, Flyme, and even default Android 5.0). And, no, being a business device does not mean the user interface shouldn't look nice.

A lot of people around here love using "enterprise" as an excuse for a lack of basic features. Saying "no, thanks" to possible features because it would somehow make a BlackBerry less of a business device makes no sense at all and contributes to how some forums and tech sites see Crackberry members as deluded fanboys. BB10 isn't perfect, and pointing out flaws doesn't warrant comments to the effect of "Why don't you go to Android, then?".
    It has nothing to do with making it less of a productivity tool or business device but rather of where they should spend resources. If it's not going to add to the productivity or function of BB10 than why waste the time and resources. If down the line BB10 gains some traction in the consumer market than sure by all means add some "cosmetic" options but I'm much more happy seeing them polish BB10 and get all the kinks out.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 09:36 PM
    I remember a slick Powerpuff Girl theme on my old BlackBerry.

That was something.

Typed and swiped from my Passport.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    05-04-15 11:45 PM
    Don't need it. This is unnecessary bloat to the OS.

However a Dark Theme OPTION to the Hub would be most excellent. Use it all day long.
    I'm a late BB user, my first BB device is a Z10 which I bought just over a year ago and I've never regretted it, I fell in love with it and the OS instantly and I still love them, however I just can't bring myself to upgrade beyond 10.2.2 because 10.3 is just hideous, I know I won't get used to it and it'll always bug me. I know I sound rigid and so on but I just don't like what I see about 10.3 even though I'd more than love to make use of the new features of the OS (and even more I want to stop receiving twice a day the update notification).

There is no need for developers to force down on everybody what they consider is better, they don't have universal authority on what looks good and better for us, give us a choice of a theme or two.
    01-28-16 09:03 AM