I've had an issue with my Passport and really with all my BlackBerry phones (the PP is my ninth model BB).

I have never used a case for any of my BlackBerry products, as I consider their indestructible-ness part of their feature set. However, I've noticed that as wear and tear on the device develops over the course of many months, there seems to be certain performance issues that manifest themselves.

One such issue is the waking behavior. Often times it takes several button presses of either the top button or the 'U' button to get the device to wake up.

Another is the crashing of individual programs. Many times i'll have a browser window, the weather window and the camera window (for example) open and all three will then crash, go translucent and pause for a second and then have to be reopened. This can be really annoying when trying to look something up quickly, only to faced with constant forced window closing. Rebooting seems to cure the issue, but it seems abundantly clear that the more wear and tear the unit gets, the worse the performance gets.

I guess this is to be expected as my ability to run 3 miles would be adversely affected by being punched in the face, but nonetheless it is frustrating. Yes, yes, I could get a case, but then what was the point of getting the red PP?

Just my. 02$

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 08:03 PM
    Phones that have button components and busy users always end up having issues. But those are usually the people that end up buying a new phone every year anyways, hence their bad habits for misusing phones. I never got how people can screw up a phone so bad, the same thing as to how people ruin the interiors of cars. I can get screen cracking, but I see people that have it REALLY bad, and I've dropped my phone pretty hard on the ground, and all I got were scratches.

That being said, some people don't value stuff as much as others.

For what it's worth, I hate cases, and the fact that people use cases. It ruins everything about having a phone in 2015.
    07-11-15 09:10 PM
    I'm not having issues yet and I have a very minimal case as well as a tempered glass screen protector. You all may hate cases but I hate spending 500$ I didn't have to

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 09:15 PM
    Every device has its own 'wear & tear' lifetime cycle. It just only depends on the user itself of how long he/she will try to out last them by the way he/she is using it and applying preventive measures.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 11:29 PM
    I have had the Passport since October and I have not experienced any of those issues. However, I use neither the power button nor the U key to turn the device on. I use swipe to wake and I never turn off the device.
    I have experienced no crashes, other than when live streaming TV with insufficient wi-fi bandwidth. But that is normal and to be expected.
    07-11-15 11:44 PM
    Frankly, not just the BlackBerry Passport but ANY device will bog down after using programs,installing them, and stored information increases.

As for the crash issue,its prolly an app conflict!

Doing a factory reset once a year will refresh the cpu memory load and performance of the device!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-12-15 08:25 AM
    Does a factory reset erase all of the settings we did on our device to customize it?

Will all my preferences be wiped out?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 02:33 PM
    Does a factory reset erase all of the settings we did on our device to customize it?

Will all my preferences be wiped out?

Posted via CB10
    Create a backup as it will re-establiash all of your settings. After a factory restore, restore settings using your backup!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-13-15 02:09 AM