12-10-16 09:47 AM
33 12
tools
    Hoo hoo ........Don't get wrong guys. It is one of greatest phone in BB 's history, but they released DTEK60 with great specs except qwerty keyboard and Passport is not at all latest one to buy now from BB
    12-05-16 10:02 AM
    If it's simply for reading and typing emails, I say it's a good device. I've read an entire book on the Passport. It is basically a phablet with a keyboard...a mini laptop if you will.

But seeing as how those aren't my needs and I mostly watch videos and play games on my phone (in addition to the odd text, email, phone call), I just can't recommend it on that front. Plus it's not compatible with a host of new things out in the market. For example Android Auto is something I wanted to experience with my car. But there are also other things, every time there's some sort of promotion or initiative I want to partake in and there's an app for it, it's always only for Android and Apple. I just got tired of missing out and not being able to participate etc.

Anyway on a DTEK50 now and couldn't be happier.
    12-05-16 12:19 PM
    I got the q10 when it first dropped, and just a year later passport dropped and I wasn't ready to upgrade.

I received my passport a week ago..

The passport is everything that was on my wish list while using my q for 3 plus years.

The screen is amazing to use and the keyboard is like butter. I'm already getting used to it and typing fast.

Lightning quick. It's all about productivity. Especially if you want a secure device. I don't run it with any of that android stuff.

I highly recommend, and I'm grateful BlackBerry blessed us productivity minded folks with this phone.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-05-16 08:44 PM
    Only for design and qwerty keypad. Nothing to be expected more than it. No apps, is a very serious concern now. Even I love my passport and don't want to change but the fact that important apps aren't there, I think it's time to upgrade

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 12:09 AM
    Tbh it's a great device and I love it actually, but the day I got a Priv is the day I discovered a whole better world. If you come from another BB10, then the Passport honestly feels like such an upgrade, it's a wonderful phone! But when you use the Priv it turns you were actually missing a lot. I have no idea why the people who says they don't care about games thinks that's what it's all about. In my Priv I have zero games. Apps doesn't mean games, and I was missing a lot before.
    12-06-16 03:12 AM
    I got the q10 when it first dropped, and just a year later passport dropped and I wasn't ready to upgrade.

I received my passport a week ago..

The passport is everything that was on my wish list while using my q for 3 plus years.

The screen is amazing to use and the keyboard is like butter. I'm already getting used to it and typing fast.

Lightning quick. It's all about productivity. Especially if you want a secure device. I don't run it with any of that android stuff.

I highly recommend, and I'm grateful BlackBerry blessed us productivity minded folks with this phone.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. When I got my Passport SE I came from using around 6 Q10 and 2 Alpha C. BB10 is so nice and when I got the Passport I was in wonderland. What an upgrade! It was everything I wanted. And the Priv was already out btw when I got my Passport, I just didn't cared about Android. Now that I own a Priv I realized immediately that the Passport is immensely limited and that I was missing a lot. For the OP, I think the best option is to try both devices for a full day, that's the only way to realize that getting a Passport today is a mistake when the Priv is also out there for basically the same price. IN MY OPINION of course
    12-06-16 03:21 AM
    Yes. Best phone ever!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-10-16 09:25 AM
    Passport is an awesome device with its limitations. There are ways around the app situation but it is a hassle and expect crashes. Don't get it if you are into mainstream apps, unless you have an iPhone or an android as I still do.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 09:47 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD