Iam getting a passport for 200$ right now... iam a z30 user and have used xperia z ultra in the past so the sizr isnt a problem... passpkrt is like taking a z ultra and cutting 1/3rd off its length (both phones are 9cm wide). I lived the form factor of z ultra so I love this too... the problem is I never used a physical keyboard before so will I be able to adapt? Also bb10 os is dead... do you think it is worth buying a passport... I absolutely love it... it has been my dream phone for so damn long.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 09:41 AM
    I simply say NOPE
    12-03-16 10:00 AM
    If it's ur dream phone get it, I'm actually typing faster on it than touch key, only had for lil over two weeks, looks huge when u first take out box lol

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 10:03 AM
    Had mine since they came out and still love it!

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.2.2474)
    ratfinkstooley and andy957 like this.
    12-03-16 10:08 AM
    Iam getting a passport for 200$ right now... iam a z30 user and have used xperia z ultra in the past so the sizr isnt a problem... passpkrt is like taking a z ultra and cutting 1/3rd off its length (both phones are 9cm wide). I lived the form factor of z ultra so I love this too... the problem is I never used a physical keyboard before so will I be able to adapt? Also bb10 os is dead... do you think it is worth buying a passport... I absolutely love it... it has been my dream phone for so damn long.

Posted via CB10
    Yes buy it! Its still a beauty and performance
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    12-03-16 10:36 AM
    Lol the passport is the best phone there is. Very good for browsing and light reading, and the android runtime is a good supplement. The file handling system is great and the encryption system is not a hassle. There are cheap android tablets you can use to supplement your phone if you need apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 10:53 AM
    I just bought an SE at the black Friday sale. I have an iphone 6s plus and the passport doesn't feel big after using that. The passport SE is so comfortable and the screen form factor and keyboard is just awesome. I also have the black passport and the priv. I run with 2 phones because I have some apps I need but I could get away with the passport and an iPad mini or small android tablet for that stuff to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 07:25 AM
    I've had a passport since early 2015 and I love it. With the great deals this past week I bought another. The design of these are sophisticated but simple and people stare at it. I'm a huge BlackBerry OS fan and with the latest update, it makes it even better! Go get that passport!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 09:20 AM
    I think Once you get used to the physical keyboard on the passport you will love it. If you looking for apps you can get another cheap android phone to use

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 09:56 AM
    It's awesome.

-passport SE
    12-04-16 03:46 PM
    Best phone I have had yet. Returned a Classic and a Priv.

Sent from my not quite obsolete beautiful BlackBerry Passport SE
    12-04-16 03:51 PM
    I wouldn't. I currently have it. But it's fading, pop up galore.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 04:21 PM
    I wouldn't. I currently have it. But it's fading, pop up galore.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean fading, pop up??

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 04:41 PM
    Nope. And I own a Passport, but I simply wouldn't recommend it. You'll feel so limited. I also own a Priv and it's awesome. The only thing I miss is the amazing battery and easy practical OS

Posted via Passport SE
    Last edited by DiegoV_G; 12-04-16 at 05:35 PM.
    12-04-16 05:07 PM
    Depends on how you want to use it. If videos and apps are your thing, then probably not. If email, some surfing, txting, and similar type things are what your goal is, then it's a great device - speakers, battery, screen are second to none, IMHO.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    12-04-16 05:27 PM
    I can't think of any apps that I miss unless we are talking about games. I use my android phone for that but for everything else I use my passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 10:29 PM
    The Passport is the best phone out there! It takes a short time to get used to the wider keyboard but its a great practical phone with amazing battery life. I do not use a lot of apps but I have been able to download and use most Android apps (Blaze posted a great description of how to do this awhile ago using Google Play and its still works). Go for it!
    12-04-16 11:14 PM
    No one, can convince you to get this phone or any other phone. I suggest you read the forums and see what you are going to get with the passport. I ordered mine during the black friday sale and wont be able to use mine till after Christmas but I know what to expect from BB10.

I wish you luck! However if you are app dependent I dont recommend any BB10 devices. Either get the Priv or hold out little longer for Mercury. Which I am intending to buy =]

Its not a easy choice but one worth making! Goodluck!
    12-05-16 12:58 AM
    It's the best PKB I have ever used on a phone (and I've had a lot of Blackberry devices...) and it's still the best for handling lots and lots of emails (and email accounts).

But, if you want apps....
    Jrox74 likes this.
    12-05-16 03:53 AM
    I just sold mine. Loved the phone, hated the devolution and death spiral BB10 is in. My tipping point was the the change in version of work e-mail, which didn't support for BB10. I had to have the calendar sync and work e-mail to stay productive. Was considering the Priv, but ultimately decided against it because of the balance with keyboard extended. Picked up a refurb LG V10 at a cheap price - but am still missing the PP keyboard. The text-to-speech integration is making using the virtual keyboard tolerable.

BB10 was a distinctly superior to Android in a number of areas when it was released . The lack of enhancements has resulted in Android catching up and surpassing it - even BB has admitted as much with their latest phones. The slow death spiral of discontinued business app support (e.g. WebEx) has made it a poor choice if you need to use it for work..

An item that is particularly galling is the lack of BB10 support on part of Good app suite - which is now OWNED BY BLACKBERRY! Guess that, by itself, tells you what BB thinks of their own OS.
    12-05-16 06:42 AM
    I just talked a friend of mine who loves the PKB devices and has a limited budget to buy a nice like new passport they had listed locally for $175.00. It was factory unlocked and with two nice cases and he has had it for a week and loves the device. So the answer to you question about recommending buying one is yes. But, that will also depend on the needs of the user, my friend is not into apps and uses it for messaging, email and first and foremost, a phone.
    12-05-16 06:48 AM
    It's the best phone I've had in a longtime next to the 9900 bold. If it had the eco system that the bold had it couldn't be touched

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-05-16 07:06 AM
    I think for some smartphone users... the Passport would be just fine. As some don't understand what an app is or even how to install it. Two of the higher ups at our company don't really do anything but email on their phones... and I think all they do is ready it, not send it.

If you are into Apps... probably not a good fit.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-05-16 08:37 AM
    I simply say NOPE
    Care to elaborate?
    andy957 likes this.
    12-05-16 08:40 AM
    The Passport is the best phone out there!
    Yes it's a great phone but to say it's the best phone out there is a little bit of a stretch. It might be the best phone out there for YOU but for others it might not fit the bill.
    RoseBud68 and Jrox74 like this.
    12-05-16 08:46 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD