Sorry, I know this question is pretty redundant, as there will be an autoloader, core and radio, or OTA updates for say Rogers or whatever.

Since I have a Passport from SBB and am with a carrier which doesn't support Passport, will I be receiving an OTA update ever?

Thanks for the responses in advance.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 04:39 PM
    People were with z30 on wind when they never officially sold it.. my friend has a passport on wind. I'll as him if he has got any yet since owning the phone

*Z30 STA100-5 10.2.1.2977/3247*
    02-06-15 04:54 PM
    Wind Blows! Never seen a network with such poor coverage. Hmm second thought maybe mobilicity

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 11:59 AM
    Wind Blows! Never seen a network with such poor coverage. Hmm second thought maybe mobilicity

Posted via CB10
    You must not live in a major city. I get better coverage in Ottawa on Wind than I did with Rogers/Fido.
    02-07-15 12:14 PM
    I can't speak for Ottawa but in Toronto Wind coverage is terrible especially in the core and again in outlying areas like woodbridge and concord.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 03:21 PM
    I have an excellent coverage with my PP in Edmonton, I have used it in a few months no issues. I even used my PP on roaming in Houston for a week and the calls & data signal are great also. Saved a huge amount of $$$ compared with my previous plan with Rogers..Overall great value for the money!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 03:28 PM
    Yeah man, that's what I'm saying, Rogers can go fly one.

Wind is IMHO going to be competing against the big three in the next couple years, I'm locked in at 44 bucks a month for "unlimited"

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 04:23 PM
    I mean, what more can you ask for for $60 a month I have unlimited everything, I don't worry about going over with my data (as was the case with Rogers), plus I travel to the States most of the time so it was really a great bonus! With the funding in the place, i'm a firm believer that they will compete with the big 3's head on...

Posted via CB10
    Joey Vajda likes this.
    02-07-15 05:55 PM
    Does anyone know if the blackberry passport is capable with wind? I plan on getting the unlock one on the blackberry shop site.

Jenny

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 06:16 PM
    I mean, what more can you ask for for $60 a month I have unlimited everything, I don't worry about going over with my data (as was the case with Rogers), plus I travel to the States most of the time so it was really a great bonus! With the funding in the place, i'm a firm believer that they will compete with the big 3's head on...

Posted via CB10
    T-Mobile has the unlimited everything 2 lines $100... Need 3 add $40 need 4 add $30 more .. I like their prices ..coverage ... Well.. I don't know how I feel about it

T-Mobile
    BlackBerry Passport on Wind Mobile-imageuploadedbycb-forums1423440086.375947.jpg

Verizon BlackBerry Passport on Wind Mobile-imageuploadedbycb-forums1423440169.470935.jpg
    02-08-15 07:03 PM
    Wind is okay when I had it. My only problem was it was weak inside large buildings like a shopping mall. Outside or in the home it was fine. However, I did not like the slow data/internet response in those occasional situations.

For that reason, when at an opportune time I switched to another carrier when the Z30 came out. Wind did not offer the Z30 then.

Passport and 10.3.1.1154
    02-08-15 07:06 PM
    On WIND from day one when PP was released and ZERO issue with regards to network. Got OTA update or use BB link for update.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 08:24 PM
    Passport with Wind has been good. Although I still don't enjoy Winds coverage I have recently switched to Koodoo. I find that I don't use that much data or callings but I'm traveling more then I thought.
    02-08-15 08:42 PM
    I can't complain about Wind's service for the last month or so, it's been pretty excellent where I reside. I am really hoping for higher band frequencies, since they should be getting LTE sooner then later, but you never know!

Shredding the  BlackBerry Passport
    02-16-15 02:18 PM
    I've been running a z30 on Wind since near the release of the z30, never had an OTA update ever. However I am a bit of a leak junky.

I just download what I want and pop it on my device. Switching over to a passport this week

Yeah, Wind's signal can really blow at times, but for $42.50 a month ($510 a year!!!) all in for unlimited.... I cannot complain

Been with them since 2010 as well.
    02-16-15 04:28 PM
    Hey all. I've been with Wind since this January and was pretty happy until this issue came up on me.

I don't get good GPS signal when I need it. So I contacted BlackBerry help then they said that I don't have the right OS that's why I'm not getting GPS (Which is strange because I've never side loaded new OS. I've done only when my Passport notified me. ) properly and they suggested to contact the carrier so I did.
    Here is the answer from Wind.

"Thank you for choosing WIND.
    To view and download BlackBerry software, please follow the link below.

http://us.blackberry.com/support/app...oad-sites.html
    At this time, this is the only information we currently do have available to assist you with downloading a different OS to your device.

The information below is describing which frequencies the BlackBerry Passport has.

BlackBerry Passport mobile device support 2G Band Frequency at GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900 and Hight Speed 3G Network Band at HSDPA 900, HSDPA 1900, HSDPA 2100, BlackBerry Passport also support LTE based 4G Networks Support at Frequency level LTE 800, LTE 2600, LTE 1900, comes with network handling support with Network settings and work offline with flight Mode.
    In order for a device to be compatible with WIND Mobile it needs to have both 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz frequencies and be unlocked. Unfortunately, it seems like your device is not compatible with WIND Mobile."

There was no OS for Passport as they said Passport is not supported.
    I was told by Wind sales rep that they support Passport that's why I joined and using as of now!!
    Now I've got email saying that they don't support Passport!?!. WTF!?!?

An I misunderstanding anything? I am so confused and don't know what to do.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 11:05 PM
    Don't worry. Wind has no clue what they are doing half the time. The GPS thing is just weak signal from the Wind towers. I have it too, and have had it will phones I've owned.

Just keep enjoying your passport, and get your updates here from crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 11:14 PM
    Don't worry. Wind has no clue what they are doing half the time. The GPS thing is just weak signal from the Wind towers. I have it too, and have had it will phones I've owned.

Just keep enjoying your passport, and get your updates here from crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Hey John.
    So the reason we get cheap price is because Wind is *** holes huh! I can't believe how stupid this issue is.

I thought GPS comes from the satellite no?

Are you updating latest OS10 as it comes out?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 11:35 PM
    Hey John.
    So the reason we get cheap price is because Wind is *** holes huh! I can't believe how stupid this issue is.

I thought GPS comes from the satellite no?

Are you updating latest OS10 as it comes out?

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much. To have low prices they have to cut somewhere. although I could get into a pretty long rant about carriers and price, it's not important right now.

I like Wind, despite everything.

And I'm already running the latest update

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 06:55 AM
    Pretty much. To have low prices they have to cut somewhere. although I could get into a pretty long rant about carriers and price, it's not important right now.

I like Wind, despite everything.

And I'm already running the latest update

Posted via CB10
    How is the latest OS10? GPS still sucks huh?
    How do you install latest OS10?
    Is it any bette than 10.3.0.098?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 12:03 AM