My wife dropped her Passport. It has since turned into a paperweight. It will not turn on at all, will not link to desktop software, BBLink cannot reload it.

I have tried plugging it in and holding the power button for 10 seconds, the light turns on and sometimes is recognized by BBLink, but "Cannot Communicate With Device".
    The Passport does not show up in Blackberry Device Manager.

I'm sure there is an an answer somewhere, but I am unable to find it. Could anybody help point me to a solution? Thanks in advance.
    01-01-16 04:14 PM
    Plug it in. Wait 10 minutes and do a hard reset. Hold the power button and both volume buttons at the same time for 30 seconds (while plugged in). Hopefully it turns on. If it doesn't turn on, please send it in for repair.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 04:24 PM
    Plug it in. Wait 10 minutes and do a hard reset. Hold the power button and both volume buttons at the same time for 30 seconds (while plugged in). Hopefully it turns on. If it doesn't turn on, please send it in for repair.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you- doing this right now. Red light has been solid for a few minutes. Hope that is a good sign. THnkas again for the suggestion!
    01-01-16 04:34 PM