lately im not very satisfied with the blackberry passport and blackberry priv comparison video on youtube. im just wondering, is it worth it to upgrade from blackberry passport to blackberry priv??

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 07:13 PM
    Depends on what you want out of the device and what you need it to do. Is it 'worth it' depends on YOU.
    Jrox74 and andy957 like this.
    07-12-16 12:28 AM
    Im thinking that too, but it looks like priv is a toy compare to passport. It might get more apps and stuff like this but I dont know. I find the passport more productive and beautiful!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 02:34 AM
    Passport for productivity. Viewing pdf files and making documents is good

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 and ratfinkstooley like this.
    07-12-16 03:39 AM
    passport is very much help me to my workside, I use Q10 previously IOS 9 but am satisfied in passport both of them

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 06:13 AM
    I currently have a Passport. I have a Priv on the way. I actually am quite happy with the Passport and all of the Android apps I need run on it.
    My reason for getting a Priv is full compatibility with new Tmobile towers.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 07:38 PM
    The Passport is all you need and the priv is overpriced for an android that is not even close to the best android on the market so the priv is simply a waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 12:16 AM
    I currently have a Passport. I have a Priv on the way. I actually am quite happy with the Passport and all of the Android apps I need run on it.

Posted via CB10
    Careful with TMO. Was in AZ recently with my PRIV and couldn't get on TMO at all. Eventually the PRIV found an AT&T tower.

I am on an STV100-4 running 6.0.1

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    bigjman likes this.
    07-15-16 05:41 PM
    I have both. The priv and the passport. The Priv lacks build quality but the amoled screen is gorgeous. Android has a few BlackBerry touches like the hub and keyboard and even the productivity tab is nice. But somehow the priv feels like a concept phone and incomplete. It has a lot of room for improvement. On the other hand the passport is exactly opposite in nature. It's top notch in build quality, the os is fantastic, and the keyboard just feels right. But the best part, it is exclusive. Even if most of the people love the look and feel of the phone, they hesitate to buy it cos they are scared about BlackBerry' future. So in a way it separates you from the rest and proves you have the guts to do what people can't. Lol.

The Priv is awesome but it's android . The passport is the one with purpose. The one that was born to be the flagship bb10 device.

I'm typing this one on the passport as the priv still rests in the drawer.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kanungoash; 07-16-16 at 12:35 AM.
    sid0074u, ck2nb and ahhhlain like this.
    07-15-16 11:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    On the same boat as yours got a priv after Passport and it works well but sadly Android is still a bit laggy n have issued compared to bb10 or ios . In short its about the os where priv lacks over Passport or else I like it, a great Stylish phone.
    12-14-16 10:11 AM
    Once you take into account security, BB10 ranks higher and Blackberry's android implementation is probably better than the current wild west with other brands. If I had to make online payments and handle sensitive info, I would consider an iPhone, for the first time ever, as an alternative or complement to my passport; for all the iPhone's flaws and ridiculous pricing.
    12-14-16 10:27 AM
    No way! Passport better! I have no desire to own a priv! The keyboard is tiny! I don't like that! I love the Passport touchscreen popup for entering numbers and other characters and symbols! Brillant! Hated having to push and hold the shift key on my old Q10!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 10:28 AM
    Once you take into account security, BB10 ranks higher and Blackberry's android implementation is probably better than the current wild west with other brands. If I had to make online payments and handle sensitive info, I would consider an iPhone, for the first time ever, as an alternative or complement to my passport; for all the iPhone's flaws and ridiculous pricing.
    Are you trying to say that an iphone is more secure than a blackberry?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    12-14-16 06:06 PM
    Had the opposite experience. I went Priv to Passport because I was board of the cookie cutter phones.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    12-14-16 06:24 PM
    I bought a Nexus 6 and use it during the day but use my Passport at night. The only reason that I use Nexus 6 during the day is I drive all day and Android Auto give true hands free capability in regards to phone call, text, navigation and music on phone. I might consider the Mercury or what ever it's going to be called. I like the Nexus 6 as the screen width is wide like Passport. If I use a narrower screen it causes me eye and headache.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 09:34 PM
    The Passport is all you need and the priv is overpriced for an android that is not even close to the best android on the market so the priv is simply a waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    For you perhaps, but everyone has different needs in apps and phone specs.
    12-14-16 09:39 PM
    Go with Priv. If you can get both to test you'll feel the Passport is unbelievably incomplete, just my opinion

Posted via Passport SE
    so crow likes this.
    12-14-16 11:17 PM
    lately im not very satisfied with the blackberry passport and blackberry priv comparison video on youtube. im just wondering, is it worth it to upgrade from blackberry passport to blackberry priv??

Posted via CB10
    Why were you not satisfied with your Passport?

Posted through my  Z30
    12-14-16 11:40 PM
    This being a Passport forum a lot it's fanboys will talk a good about Passport and very few may give you honest replies, depending your needs you may want to choose your device wisely.

Blackberry Passport SE
    12-15-16 06:54 AM
    Are you trying to say that an iphone is more secure than a blackberry?

Posted via CB10 Passport
    More secure than your average android, probably; iOS, not sure.
    12-15-16 09:31 AM
    This being a Passport forum a lot it's fanboys will talk a good about Passport and very few may give you honest replies, depending your needs you may want to choose your device wisely.

Blackberry Passport SE
    Agree

Posted via Passport SE
    12-15-16 11:34 AM
    I vote PRIV mainly for the fact it's compact and has a lot of features in software the passport just can't get
    12-15-16 12:08 PM
    More secure than your average android, probably; iOS, not sure.
    Blackberry is many times more secure than android AND iphone in every regards. Android/google data mines like crazy. Iphone is very sloppy. They can both have a LOT of data recovered from them that shouldn't be and they both lots of "back door" stuff happening that the average user has no clue about.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    12-15-16 04:37 PM
    Met for the first time with the director of a TV series I'm writing -- we both happened to pull out our phones to mute them at the same time: I have a Z10, he has a Passport. Finally he smiled and said "**** iPhone!" If I'd asked, he probably would have said "**** Android too!" FWIW...
    12-15-16 10:47 PM