I need your comments on your BlackBerry Passport.

1) Battery life really good? See from here almost can go for 24 hours for heavy abuse. I on my Z10 now, battery life very very very disappointed.

2) Does BlackBerry Passport lag and hang sometimes? My BlackBerry Z10 make me headaches, sometimes lagging, unresponsive. 3 Gb RAM enough to support your BlackBerry Passport? I am suspect the external memory card cause the problem. Not sure.

3) The Size of BlackBerry Passport convenient for you? Put in pocket?

4) Does BlackBerry Passport getting heat easily like Z10? My phone sometime getting heat and go offline for data( E/3G).

5) What is the weakness of BlackBerry Passport your think that BlackBerry should make improvements in future?

I like my BlackBerry Z10 very much if it has Long day use battery life, stable OS, don't like lagging, lost connection.

I'm thinking to change my phone to iPhone 6 Plus (prefer iPhone 6 actually but iPhone 6 don't have long battery life) . But I would consider BlackBerry Passport too. The problem is BlackBerry Passport and iPhone 6 Plus too big for big!!! Why Apple make iPhone 6 too thin! They should make it thicker to get better battery life!
    Why BlackBerry making and selling their Z10 with very very very Poor battery life!!! LOL

Your comments on BlackBerry Passport please! Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 05:35 AM
    The next funny thread.
    gvs1341 and thedose like this.
    10-15-14 05:51 AM
    Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:02 AM
    The next funny thread.
    I have read the review from CrackBerry and Google. Need more Expert users comments like you. Tq

Posted via CB10
    Savior4Life likes this.
    10-15-14 06:03 AM
    Those are all fair questions!!! Wouldn't mind knowing the answers too, except number one have been answered so many times !!! It will depend on the user but reported better than the Z30

Not that I'm looking for an iPhone, still debating should I upgrade my Z10 to the passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:13 AM
    I don't have Passport yet, so I can't answer the Passport specific questions.

But I am interested to answer your question regarding Passport vs 6+. Currently I am an iPhone 5s & LG G2 user, since my Z10 early this year shattered into pieces and I don't want to end up buying the very same device again, so I thought I'll give Android a shot.

I used Z10 (now G2, soon Passport when launched in the country I lived) as my work phone. It moves data easily (spreadsheet, documents, presentation slides, etc). Something that takes much time when done in iPhone. While the 5s acts as my personal phone. I used it to get connected with friends & families, social medias, and apps that hardly found in Blackberry World (or Amazon Appstore as well now).

What I'm trying to point here is, both of them serves different customers (basically they do, but if anyone mix the use it's each to their own of course).

If you need to be productive, go with Passport. Blackberry has never disappoint me in terms of productivity, ever since Bold 9000, Bold 9900, Z10 (although when OS10 released it was still a crappy user experience IMO, but Hub is brilliant).

But if you need social media apps, games, or very much into mobile entertainments, go for iPhone. I know people might quote this and say how you can sideload or access Google Play Store using Snap so apps and games are not an issue. But let's be honest, we can't close our eyes to the bunch of threads/comments saying this app that game this and that are not working properly on Passport.

So, which one do you need OP?
    If you can get both, good for you, you can stay productive without mind about the incompatibility of a game or an app. The choice is yours, I believe.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kbz1960 and Peaceful world like this.
    10-15-14 06:18 AM
    I have an iPhone 6 Plus and don't find the battery life to be all that wonderful. About to pickup my Passport tomorrow and will compare both after a week or so...
    10-15-14 06:37 AM
    A passport fits in your shirt pocket, suit pocket, jean pocket and your purse. No lagging or unresponsiveness for me.
    Peaceful world and ettorwe like this.
    10-15-14 06:42 AM
    I have an iPhone 6 Plus and don't find the battery life to be all that wonderful. About to pickup my Passport tomorrow and will compare both after a week or so...
    Thanks! Waiting your comments after grab both phones. I concerns on Battery life, OS Stability / lagging. Which one more convenient for carrying or put in pocket. Many thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:45 AM
    A passport fits in your shirt pocket, suit pocket, jean pocket and your purse. No lagging or unresponsiveness for me.
    Great! Waiting your more comments. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 06:45 AM
    I have both. The passport really has become my hardcore work device. I think of it like a mini computer and I use it like that. If I need to review a document, create one, email for business, etc I use it and its excelled for me. The physical keyboard helps but honestly I am excellent on my iphone. The passport is smooth at all times. I haven't hit any lagging. As far as apps go I don't use a ton. Instagram, facebook, twitter, whatsapp are my social apps and they are all there. So app wise I am good. Now my iphone plus excels at watching long videos, some specialty apps I need from time to time, like a light meter or video data rate calculator. It also seamlessly works with my google glass which is a big bonus. But honestly between the two I am really loving using and interacting with the passport more. Both will fit in your pocket and both can be used for serious work.
    Both will last you 12-15 hrs if you are literally on your phone all day.

I think it comes down to apps, do you use a lot of random apps, if you do, then you should go ios, it's dependable, and you know the major and new apps are going to come out for it. If you use mainly common apps then the passport is going to serve you fine and the use experience is solid and the square screen really is a benefit. And yes I have snap for passport but android even lags ios in some apps. Also, snap is still a hack and it can be hard to find the time to stay up to date on what hoop you are supposed to do for what app. Look at your app usage and check bbworld and the amazon store and see if they are there.

Also of note the web browser in the passport has a wider compatibility than the ios safari. I recently had to log onto to a motion picture studio's internal review site for a film and the iphone just displayed a black box where the video was. I then tried with my blackberry and it just worked. The video played back and the review system worked! I was able to watch and comment just like on my desktop. Blew my mind, I always attempted it on every new phone I got and the passport is the first one that just worked.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:07 AM
    Passport is the 1 u should go for

Posted via CB10
    Peaceful world likes this.
    10-15-14 08:38 AM
    Why's that forum promoting stupidity ? I support the guys who commented like "The next funny post" and so on.......I don't support the guy who put time and effort to answer OP's questions. There's plenty of reviews....there's another post which provides every single bit of information the OP requires ( HERE"S A LINK http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post10971093 -took me exactly 2 minutes to find it...there's a CODE word REVIEW in the title).

So why are forum admins banning me for my "aggressive" comments and tolerating this useless spam of topics ? It's actually not even productive for this guy ! Instead of waste 2 minutes to find the post and read it....he spent 5-10 to actually make the post and then he needs to check on it now and then for actual replies.

There's plenty of proper reviews on the internet as well. Is it so hard to use Google ? This post should be added as a comment to the other and the OP should get a personal message to check before posting instead of me getting personal message by forum admin to not swear at people who I believe are less intelligent and who somewhat make me angry with their posts. Sure I can just not read those posts but when on the front page I see at least 5 duplicate topics that somehow annoys me! Excuse me if I'm the only one...................................
    kedi, Tompire, Yasch22 and 1 others like this.
    10-15-14 08:57 AM
    1) The battery life on the Passport is amazing in my own experience. I use a few Android apps, which tend to drain the battery quicker than native apps, and still manage to get away with a charge every other day with fairly heavy use.

2) The Passport is the quickest BlackBerry I've ever owned. I don't find it lagging much. I've noticed it occasionally lags in some Android apps, but it hasn't really posed a problem for me.

3) I wear straight and relaxed fit jeans so the Passport fits in my pockets and doesn't get in the way. There is a noticeable bulge though. Personally, I'm more of a satchel kind of guy when I'm out and about so I would prefer to place the Passport in a sleeve or pouch and have it in my bag. I think the Passport is big (my previous device was a Q10), but it's not so big that it's inconvenient. Definitely much more pocketable imo than the iPhone 6 Plus or Galaxy Note.

4) When you first get the Passport it may run warm the first couple of days while the OS is calibrating and everything's getting settled. Others have reported this and I got similar results. Since then I find it actually runs fairly cool most of the time.

5) As far as improvements go, I have to say I'm pretty happy with the device. I do wish some Android apps ran better on it, but all my favorite Android ports and apps run really well. I was pleasantly surprised by that since they were much more hit or miss on my Q10.

The passport is my personal device (ironically I have an iPhone 5s as my work phone), but I find that it's a perfectly good phone for casual non-work use. It is the best mobile device I've ever used for reading. I downloaded the Kindle app to it and hardly ever touch my Kindle Fire HDX as a consequence I get a lot of questions about it from friends and colleagues and get mostly positive feedback.This is the sixth BlackBerry I've owned and while I've never been embarrassed to carry a BlackBerry, they've really done a great job on the Passport and I'm really proud to be an owner.
    10-15-14 09:01 AM
    Honestly unless you play a lot of games or watch tons of videos on your phone I would go with the Passport.

Being that you are already using a BB10 decvice with your Z10, going back to the iOS style OS will be a painful and frustrating transition. You will constantly be swiping up to minimize apps, won't be able to multitask nearly as well, will miss your Hub, and the battery life is not as good.

With the app gap narrowed thanks to snap and Amazon, and the much more mature 10.3 OS, it is a lot easier to recommend BB devices like the Z30, Passport, and upcoming Classic.
    10-15-14 09:07 AM
    Why's that forum promoting stupidity ? I support the guys who commented like "The next funny post" and so on.......I don't support the guy who put time and effort to answer OP's questions. There's plenty of reviews....there's another post which provides every single bit of information the OP requires ( HERE"S A LINK http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post10971093 -took me exactly 2 minutes to find it...there's a CODE word REVIEW in the title).

So why are forum admins banning me for my "aggressive" comments and tolerating this useless spam of topics ? It's actually not even productive for this guy ! Instead of waste 2 minutes to find the post and read it....he spent 5-10 to actually make the post and then he needs to check on it now and then for actual replies.

There's plenty of proper reviews on the internet as well. Is it so hard to use Google ? This post should be added as a comment to the other and the OP should get a personal message to check before posting instead of me getting personal message by forum admin to not swear at people who I believe are less intelligent and who somewhat make me angry with their posts. Sure I can just not read those posts but when on the front page I see at least 5 duplicate topics that somehow annoys me! Excuse me if I'm the only one...................................
    I understand and respect your point. I'd much prefer to "teach a man to fish" rather than giving him one (it's much more efficient and keeps the forum less cluttered), but he has legitimate questions and I'd rather he ask them and be redundant than not and make an ill-informed decision. The forum should be a helpful and friendly place. Calling people "less intelligent" and swearing at them, as you've allegedly done, isn't productive either and is not helpful in the least. You can politely direct people to existing threads and encourage them to search, but you shouldn't attack them.

Sorry for going off-topic OP. I hope you find all the information you need.
    10-15-14 09:15 AM
    I'm thinking to change my phone to iPhone 6 Plus (prefer iPhone 6 actually but iPhone 6 don't have long battery life) .
    Posted via CB10
    I was recently compelled to buy an iphone 6 to make good on a promise.Lol

Full stop to the poor battery rumor on the ip6 .

To anyone that has a ip 6 in their sights, the battery is phenomenal, contrary to uninformed comments on the interweb. I would compare it easily to the Z30 in my daily usage. There is no benefit to me to exaggerate this information. It actually pangs me a bit to admit it.

And BTW.... the ip6 in the apple leather case fits nicely in the Z30 swivel belt case.
    10-15-14 09:36 AM
    Don't compare Ihpone or Android phones to the Passport. You want a toy, Iphone and android.
    You want a computer on the palm of your hands, then choose the Passport.
    10-15-14 09:45 AM
    ...BB10 meet my requirements actually

Just questions on the battery life, os stability (lagging) . Those are my disappointment on my Z10. I own my Z10 more than one and half years.

The more the review and comment from the owners would help all the users and BlackBerry to develop.

Sorry for disturbing you all, can close the thread to make a better environment.

BlackBerry Passport really great if can fulfil all these! Thanks for all for your sharing!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 09:50 AM
    I understand and respect your point. I'd much prefer to "teach a man to fish" rather than giving him one (it's much more efficient and keeps the forum less cluttered), but he has legitimate questions and I'd rather he ask them and be redundant than not and make an ill-informed decision. The forum should be a helpful and friendly place. Calling people "less intelligent" and swearing at them, as you've allegedly done, isn't productive either and is not helpful in the least. You can politely direct people to existing threads and encourage them to search, but you shouldn't attack them.

Sorry for going off-topic OP. I hope you find all the information you need.
    A good point IchigoMochi, thank you for that comment. You're correct that I can put things in a polite and more appropriate way and I'll be trying more from now on. It's something to do with some kind of a tension I feel these days I guess -I'm glad people like you are here because as you mentioned helping and guiding in a polite and friendly way is always more useful. It's just sometimes people who chose the easiest way annoy me a lot and I believe this post is an example for such thing. Different points of view = different experiences. Thank you once again -have a great day : )
    10-15-14 09:51 AM
    Sorry for that. Thread closed

Posted via CB10
    Nikolay Konov likes this.
    10-15-14 09:58 AM
    I think the question of choosing between a Blackberry and an iPhone is not new, obviously but it is not old either. Everyone can keep asking the question as these brands evolve. However, my best answer is regardless of the specs, each of these two phones has it own uniqueness. The iPhone, however, is more of a smartphone today because. In contrast, the blackberry is more of a classic high end phones so, if you are the type of user who prefer the easiness, go for the iphone. If you prefer the classic feel in terms of physical keyboard and user experience, then a Blackberry is right for you!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:05 AM
    I need your comments on your BlackBerry Passport.

1) Battery life really good? See from here almost can go for 24 hours for heavy abuse. I on my Z10 now, battery life very very very disappointed.

2) Does BlackBerry Passport lag and hang sometimes? My BlackBerry Z10 make me headaches, sometimes lagging, unresponsive. 3 Gb RAM enough to support your BlackBerry Passport? I am suspect the external memory card cause the problem. Not sure.

3) The Size of BlackBerry Passport convenient for you? Put in pocket?

4) Does BlackBerry Passport getting heat easily like Z10? My phone sometime getting heat and go offline for data( E/3G).

5) What is the weakness of BlackBerry Passport your think that BlackBerry should make improvements in future?

I like my BlackBerry Z10 very much if it has Long day use battery life, stable OS, don't like lagging, lost connection.

I'm thinking to change my phone to iPhone 6 Plus (prefer iPhone 6 actually but iPhone 6 don't have long battery life) . But I would consider BlackBerry Passport too. The problem is BlackBerry Passport and iPhone 6 Plus too big for big!!! Why Apple make iPhone 6 too thin! They should make it thicker to get better battery life!
    Why BlackBerry making and selling their Z10 with very very very Poor battery life!!! LOL

Your comments on BlackBerry Passport please! Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Honesty they are very two different devices.

If media consumption like watching Netflix, videos, music and games are a priority then the iPhone Plus is the one to pick.

If emailing, need for physical keyboard and overall a more well rounded approach to highly organize your daily business needs then the Passport, BlackBerry in general is the better choice.

Posted via CB10
    fanisk likes this.
    10-15-14 06:42 PM
    Honesty they are very two different devices.

If media consumption like watching Netflix, videos, music and games are a priority then the iPhone Plus is the one to pick.

If emailing, need for physical keyboard and overall a more well rounded approach to highly organize your daily business needs then the Passport, BlackBerry in general is the better choice.

Posted via CB10
    I think all of those are fairly subjective though.

I think generalities (outside physical keyboards) simply don't apply in mobility anymore. I think all round devices have a better chance to succeed.
    TGR1 likes this.
    10-15-14 08:39 PM
    One of the most important issue is the operating system. IPhone has an old system and it is about three quarters through its life cycle. Meanwhile BlackBerry operating system has just begun.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:51 PM
47 12