I almost wish he would have hopped onto the passport camera bashing bandwagon,.. would have been an easy way for him to get some "neutrality" cred. lol

Posted via CB10
    If the pics he took were all stills, the Passport would acquit itself well. It only really sucks when you're trying to take action shots. If he didn't test that, he could easily think the camera is great.
    02-15-15 04:34 PM
    Well. I'm no fanboy of BlackBerry and I like all operating systems, so I guess those commenting on this video are not people sub'd to my channel. Totally not biased, and I might be one of the few people on Youtube who is not biased towards one OS. Don't believe me, scan through my channel. Anyway, thanks for all the love.

I almost wish he would have hopped onto the passport camera bashing bandwagon,.. would have been an easy way for him to get some "neutrality" cred. lol

Posted via CB10
    makie and wincyUt like this.
    02-15-15 04:36 PM
    Well done OP. Sent this to an iPhone user who is seriously looking at a Passport after seeing mine.

Cheers!

BS: just ignore the usual mud slingers here that like just cause trouble.

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    02-15-15 05:17 PM
    Mobile, it could be because you are used to see all the reviews against the passport

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 05:20 PM
    Well. I'm no fanboy of BlackBerry and I like all operating systems, so I guess those commenting on this video are not people sub'd to my channel. Totally not biased, and I might be one of the few people on Youtube who is not biased towards one OS. Don't believe me, scan through my channel. Anyway, thanks for all the love.
    I'm not bashing the reviewer (you, I'm guessing?). I just know everyone seems to love to bash the Passport camera, so... most reviewers usually concede some easy "well established" points to try to appear unbiased.

I actually think the Passport's camera (on 10.3.1 leak) is actually pretty decent for what I expect from a smartphone camera. I have a proper camera for more demanding shots, but generally I'm pleased with what the Passport can do.

I'm sure the iPhone takes fine shots too,.. which would also be left in the dust compared to shots taken using a proper camera.

Posted via CB10
    anon5989741 likes this.
    02-15-15 05:22 PM
    Oh sorry if I took that the wrong way, but most people who call me biased are not sub'd to my channel. But yeah, you are right...people often bash the camera on the Passport, and I think it's great. If I want a SUPER nice camera, I don't use my mobile device in most cases. Thank you for clarifying in your response. It can be a tough crowd around here sometimes lol.

I'm not bashing the reviewer (you, I'm guessing?). I just know everyone seems to love to bash the Passport camera, so... most reviewers usually concede some easy "well established" points to try to appear unbiased.

I actually think the Passport's camera (on 10.3.1 leak) is actually pretty decent for what I expect from a smartphone camera. I have a proper camera for more demanding shots, but generally I'm pleased with what the Passport can do.

I'm sure the iPhone takes fine shots too,.. which would also be left in the dust compared to shots taken using a proper camera.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 05:24 PM
    Good review, but I would of showcased the hub. Just put some dummy info in there if your concerned about privacy. I think that would give people on ios and others the usefulness of it.
    02-15-15 06:07 PM
    Actually I'm writing my full review, and I will show the full features of the phone. I do a demo of each item, so stay tuned for that. I will post it here if I can, thanks.

Good review, but I would of showcased the hub. Just put some dummy info in there if your concerned about privacy. I think that would give people on ios and others the usefulness of it.
    JG_Agustin and oberkfell like this.
    02-15-15 06:15 PM
    Actually I'm writing my full review, and I will show the full features of the phone. I do a demo of each item, so stay tuned for that. I will post it here if I can, thanks.
    OP, if I may make a suggestion for your next video :

I've always felt that BBRY is far better at getting things done. If you make a video with like 5 tasks to do like find a contact, type out a long message, find an email attachment, find flagged messages (pinch), shortcuts to call etc, then that would show the differences between the devices in real world use cases.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, JG_Agustin and Tabdus like this.
    02-15-15 11:20 PM
    Oh sorry if I took that the wrong way, but most people who call me biased are not sub'd to my channel. But yeah, you are right...people often bash the camera on the Passport, and I think it's great. If I want a SUPER nice camera, I don't use my mobile device in most cases. Thank you for clarifying in your response. It can be a tough crowd around here sometimes lol.
    I guess u have not used the Passport too often, have you? Try to take a picture under low light situation with the passport, then you will understand why there are many people complaining about the focus speed of the camera.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 01:52 AM
    Hi mrjlwilliamsZ10
    Is Passport version of your wallpaper available?
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 06:20 AM
    I guess u have not used the Passport too often, have you? Try to take a picture under low light situation with the passport, then you will understand why there are many people complaining about the focus speed of the camera.

Posted via CB10
    I take pics under low light without flash on my Passport and the quality is pretty good. Try it.
    02-16-15 07:49 AM
    Great review and I'm glad the reviewer clearly stated that his review was subjective.
    anon5989741 and JG_Agustin like this.
    02-16-15 07:57 AM
    Very nice and informative

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    anon5989741 likes this.
    02-16-15 08:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Try night scene.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    02-16-15 09:14 AM
    Does anyone know if this phone will ever be made with a CDMA antenna? I lifer of VZW and looking to get this device, Used Q10 for 6 months then went to the iPhone 6 just because I like the ecosystem. Now that Blend is out, running on my Q10, I love how they integrate everything to my MAC products. Love and will always love the physical keyboard. Hate the virtual keyboard, I mean hate it.
    Tabdus likes this.
    02-16-15 10:18 AM
    Thumbs up for this amazing review

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Black Edition
    rarsen and anon5989741 like this.
    02-16-15 11:05 AM
    Hi mrjlwilliamsZ10
    Is Passport version of your wallpaper available?
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    If you mean the wallpaper from the video, it was one of my personal wallpapers. But I've attached it, so people can get a copy if they want. If was on page one of this thread as well.BlackBerry Passport vs iPhone 6: Nice review!-hd-wallpapers-10-2.jpg
    02-16-15 11:56 AM
    If you mean the wallpaper from the video, it was one of my personal wallpapers. But I've attached it, so people can get a copy if they want. If was on page one of this thread as well.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HD-Wallpapers-10-2.jpg 
Views:	1036 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	333999
    Ohhh thats pretty, is that fitted for passports? I only ask cuz u said its a personal wallpaper
    02-16-15 11:58 AM
    If you mean the wallpaper from the video, it was one of my personal wallpapers. But I've attached it, so people can get a copy if they want. If was on page one of this thread as well.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HD-Wallpapers-10-2.jpg 
Views:	1036 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	333999
    Hi. Could you post it to imgur or similar? It's down scaled and low quality when opened via cb app.

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    02-16-15 12:00 PM
    by far one of the best and honest reviews I've seen !!!

Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2267
    anon5989741 likes this.
    02-16-15 12:09 PM
    I own both devices. Passport is my primary device, and it definitely is a workhorse. When it comes right down to getting things done, and getting them done fast, Passport is the go-to device. However, this review has a bias.

First, the comparison should have been flagship to flagship, which means Passport to iPhone 6 Plus.

Second, app selection on iOS is literally second to none. BlackBerry does not even come close in this regard. Sure, users like myself have the Google Play Store loaded and all, but for an average person, that is just not something they will ever do. Even with Amazon integrated, the implementation is haphazard. Many apps are still not available and Amazon and/or developers are restricting many away from BlackBerry.

Third, the screen. The screen on the iPhone is substantially better than the Passport. Apple uses the best quality panels there are in the supply chain. The Passport regularly has one or more stuck pixels and the color reproduction is very inconsistent from device to device. The calibration is regularly off. The resolution on the Passport is better however, as is the usable screen real estate. Overall the Passport implementation is better, despite the poorer components.

Battery life does not compare. BlackBerry Passport is leaps and bounds better. I'm typing this from the iPhone 6 and it's already at 59% and I've only been doing work on the device in medium capacity for the last 3.5 hours.

The keyboard on the Passport is also a whole another level compared to the iPhone. iPhone 6 keyboard is atrocious. Even their 3rd party keyboards are not much better.

Speakers on the Passport are better than the iPhone, however the internal amp on the iPhone is more powerful and produces clearer headphone sound than the Passport.

The camera on the iPhone is worlds ahead of the one on the Passport. The review is completely wrong about this. The Passport camera is really, really bad. Hardware wise it is probably better, but the software just kills it.

Email client, better on the Passport. The HUB, amazing.

Overall, the two devices serve as a nice complement to each other. For professional use the Passport wins. For general use, the iPhone still has the edge because of its rich ecosystem and wide support.

Last point, I'd like to see a comparison between battery life on the iPhone 6 Plus to the Passport. The iPhone 6 is definitely substantially inferior.
    Last edited by dejanh; 02-16-15 at 12:36 PM.
    cdw5510 likes this.
    02-16-15 12:26 PM
    Reviews are subjective, so to say that the camera review is 'WRONG' as you put it, is wrong lol. That you just your opinion, and several others...but I feel it is better. Also, I own an iPhone 6 Plus as well, and the results would be the same in my opinion. Remember that when you are watching a review, or recording your own. It's all subjective, and doesn't mean what I'm say or you is concrete. It's all a matter of personal opinion, fun is fun though. The iPhone 6 Plus is no match for the Passport to me, and I don't consider the iPhone 6 Plus to be a flash ship device either.

I own both devices. Passport is my primary device, and it definitely is a workhorse. When it comes right down to getting things done, and getting them done fast, Passport is the go-to device. However, this review has a bias.

First, the comparison should have been flagship to flagship, which means Passport to iPhone 6 Plus.

Second, app selection on iOS is literally second to none. BlackBerry does not even come close in this regard. Sure, users like myself have the Google Play Store loaded and all, but for an average person, that is just not something they will ever do. Even with Amazon integrated, the implementation is haphazard. Many apps are still not available and Amazon and/or developers are restricting many away from BlackBerry.

Third, the screen. The screen on the iPhone is substantially better than the Passport. Apple uses the best quality panels there are in the supply chain. The Passport regularly has one or more stuck pixels and the color reproduction is very inconsistent from device to device. The calibration is regularly off. The resolution on the Passport is better however, as is the usable screen real estate. Overall the Passport implementation is better, despite the poorer components.

Battery life does not compare. BlackBerry Passport is leaps and bounds better. I'm typing this from the iPhone 6 and it's already at 59% and I've only been doing work on the device in medium capacity for the last 3.5 hours.

The keyboard on the Passport is also a whole another level compared to the iPhone. iPhone 6 keyboard is atrocious. Even their 3rd party keyboards are not much better.

Speakers on the Passport are better than the iPhone, however the internal amp on the iPhone is more powerful and produces clearer headphone sound than the Passport.

The camera on the iPhone is worlds ahead of the one on the Passport. The review is completely wrong about this. The Passport camera is really, really bad. Hardware wise it is probably better, but the software just kills it.

Overall, the two devices serve as a nice complement to each other. For professional use the Passport wins. For general use, the iPhone still has the edge because of its rich ecosystem and wide support.

Last point, I'd like to see a comparison between battery life on the iPhone 6 Plus to the Passport. The iPhone 6 is definitely substantially inferior.
    02-16-15 03:11 PM

You are right about the Apps and that's all :P

I've used iPhone 6 and 6+, so I'm not talking without experience and the display on the Passport I find it much more natural than the current iPhones.

Camera is something that most talk about but I find Passport's camera taking good pictures, yes software wise it needs help but otherwise the camera as it is now performs well for me.

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2267
    anon5989741 likes this.
    02-16-15 04:44 PM
    Reviews are subjective, so to say that the camera review is 'WRONG' as you put it, is wrong lol. That you just your opinion, and several others...but I feel it is better. Also, I own an iPhone 6 Plus as well, and the results would be the same in my opinion. Remember that when you are watching a review, or recording your own. It's all subjective, and doesn't mean what I'm say or you is concrete. It's all a matter of personal opinion, fun is fun though. The iPhone 6 Plus is no match for the Passport to me, and I don't consider the iPhone 6 Plus to be a flash ship device either.
    This is precisely the problem. Reviews are not supposed to be subjective. They are supposed to be objective, otherwise, they are opinion pieces. Maybe you should not call it a review then. Call it, "my opinion on why the Passport is better than an iPhone 6 in every way". It just objectively is not true.

I agree that the Passport is a better device overall, especially for a busy professional who consumes and pumps out a lot of content. That's why I use a Passport as my main device and not an iPhone. Most average consumers would disagree. I also don't agree with how one-sided your "review" is really. As an opinion piece, I have no issue with it except for the obviously wrong parts like the display quality and especially camera. Even opinion pieces need some dose of objectivity.
    02-16-15 06:56 PM
67 123